Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Renes Points
Gas Stations Selling Visa Gift Cards (take Credit Card Payment)
*Will only code for gas, if gas station attached. YMMV depending on location.

Tom Thumb
Mobil
Cumberland Farms
7/11 (some 7/11 stores will deny if paying with CC! [working fine in Indiana July 2018]

Cash only:
Tom Thumb (may vary)
7/11 (some 7/11 stores will deny if paying with CC! I place those locations on my blacklist ) [hard coded change end of March early April]
Valero (they *officially* stopped accepting credit cards for variable load VGCs late 2015, but started really enforcing it in January per a manager I spoke to in January 2016) / Houston Valero Corner Store (may it RIP all the way back to the VR days)
Family Express (Indiana) (as of ~ 2/10/17 CC no longer accepted)
Print Wikipost

Gas stations that offer $500 VGCs?

Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by enwhycee
which ones?
That's not guaranteed though, sometimes they'll sell you, sometimes they'll tell "cash only". I succeeded buying at some Shell, Marathon, TA.
enwhycee likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:20 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by craz
FWIW all 7s that Ive been to (and that means tons) always coded as Gas, if they in fact had any gas pumps or not.

that said by far the hardest thing is to find a 7 that will sell you a card using a CC Its a YMMV issue where most likely you will walk out empty handed. I just finished my Free promo my reg 7 that sold with a CC didnt have the 500s and seemed well overstocked from the holidays so I went to my back-up which was iffy depending who was working, and thankfully each time I walked out with a smile, but as time passes more places that did sell them with a CC has changed to ca$h only. 1 place told me they are very worried about fraud and stolen CCs and being left having to cover it from their pockets
I had no issue at at least 10 of them in Nor Cal. They always sell with CC, some of them will sell more than one at a time, and one said you can buy one per CC, but had now problems selling 3-4 in a row if you use different cards.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by traveltogo
I've only found one in my area and they have a max $500 purchases INCLUDING fees. So keep that in mind while hunting.
Which one is that? Apparently Marathon sold me 2 of $500 without any fees. I wonder if it's related.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.