Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cashing Money Orders safer then deposit?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:59 am

Cashing Money Orders safer then deposit?

Have you considered paying your CC bills with he MOs? You would need to be very diligent about making copies of everything before you mail a stack of $1000 MOs but this would completely cut out the banks. In some cases you can even mail them with tracking (fedex) so you know they are delivered.

It isn't optimal as the paperwork for lost mail will be a ..... but it does keep the banks out of the loop.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by prasha11
Why not?

negotiating financial instruments is banking....could be cash, MO, checks, drafts or any other legal instrument.
Here at First CityWide Change Bank, our customers ask us all the time, "How do you make money doing this?" The answer? Volume.

https://screen.yahoo.com/first-cityw...000000534.html
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Often1
For money orders, this would likely mean stolen or forged.
You are just making it up...right?

Cash cannot be stolen and Checks are never be forged?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by prasha11
You are just making it up...right?

Cash cannot be stolen and Checks are never be forged?
As always Prasha 11, you are the voice of reason in an otherwise insane world.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 1:18 pm

Avoid depositing cash. At least with MO you have a paper trail.

"Yes Mr. Government, I promise that the $100,000 in cash I deposited was related to my points-chasing habits, not laundering money for terrorists or selling cocaine on the street corner."
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:53 pm

I opened 23 deposit accounts over a period of one year before getting my first decline. Then I waited a few months and successfully opened a passbook account at First Republic to deposit even more MOs. OP, assuming you are in a similar situation, do you *really* need to do more volume?

If so, open a brokerage account. When I opened an account at Merrill Edge, they did not pull chex and I believe they take MO deposits. Note that opening a margin account will usually hard-pull a CRA. So open a cash account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.