Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Staples E-Gift Card Plays (Ebay, Target....)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 8:48 am
Original Poster

I am running experiments in purchases of e-gift cards on Staples.com for manufacture spend and churn (ebay, target, etc). Of course, I am using Chase Ink for purchasing, but looking for extra cashback and rewards using portals and staples rewards.

The e-gift cards description say they are eligible for 5% staples rewards, while the physical card do not list as eligible. This play only works for e-gift cards, not physical cards.

I am performing tests with various CB sites to see if they'll track, and to see if staples rewards post.

So far, I have test TCB and 3% cashback did post, however, no staples rewards posted yet (made purchase 3 days ago).

Anyone test out any of the other CB sites for e-gift cards? Upromise, Discover?

I plan on listing results chart form:

Cashback Site | E-gift Card | CB Success | Staples Reward Success | Date

TCB | Kohls | Success 3% | Fail | 5/27/15
Old May 30, 2015, 9:18 am

You must be new here.

EDIT to be more helpful: no, this doesn't work. staples rewards NEVER post on gcs. rebate cash may pend but it never posts. we've been over this more times than I care to count, or i would post all the threads that have been started regarding things like this.
Old May 30, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
You are wasting your time and money, it's all been tried.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:53 am

Doesn't work. Expect a clawback.
Old May 30, 2015, 12:40 pm

You will probably get the cash back but in a month or two expect it to be clawed back. That is the experience of many people.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:52 pm

Yeah... Good luck buddy. You must enjoy chasing wind.
Old May 31, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for trying but yea I tried this too after they took away portals. Nothing over posted for me. I only get cashback on real purchases, i.e. a wireless phone charger I bought my SO for his birthday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.