Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.

Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: financialhippie
Successful Credit Cards Used (Posted as Purchase)
Amex Open SPG Business
AMEX SPG (non-business)
BofA - Virgin Atlantic MC
BofA - Amtrak World MC
Barclaycard Aviator Red/Silver MC
Chase Ink Plus Visa
Chase Hyatt Visa (x2)
Chase BA Visa
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United MileagePlus Club
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Citi Prestige MC
Citi Premier MC
Citi AT&T Access More MC (3x for rent category)
Citi AA Platinum MC
FIA Fidelity Mastercard

Successful Payees:
BMW Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/19
Caliber Home Loans: Processed 12/09, Sent 12/11, Arrived-Posted 12/18
Cedent mortgage
Chase Mortgage (sends check)
Citi Mortgage: Processed 10/7, Sent 10/8, Arrived-Posted 10/15
Citizen's Auto Finance - Around 1 week.
CRA Personal Tax
George Mason University: Over a week and a half.
Infiniti Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/21
Lexus Financial. Processed 3/9/16, Posted 3/14/19
Morgan Stanley Home Loans: Processed 01/14, Sent 01/15, Arrived-Posted 01/21
National Grid Electric MA: 1 week turnaround
National Grid Gas MA: 3 week turnaround, sends physical check
"NJ City" Tax: Processed 01/21, Sent 01/22, Arrived-Posted 02/01
Penfed Mortgage: 1 week turnaround
TD Bank Mortgage (EFT)
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 10/8, Sent 10/9, Arrived-Posted 10/16
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 8/6, Sent 8/9, Posted 8/16
Print Wikipost

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.

Old Aug 18, 2015, 3:37 pm

I can't really buy that they are sending the "cheques" on the date they claim to send them, unless they are being sent from Canada, which is clearly a possibility.

Otherwise, plenty of us should have completed payments at this point.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Eliot_Plastiq
Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing all this candid feedback; we really care a lot about our customers' experiences and improving it when we hear about our shortcomings.

As part of our funding process, we are required by our financial partners to verify that every payment complies with regulations. Sometimes that requires more extensive review and proof that the payment is in exchange for goods or services.

Despite our best efforts, in the past two weeks we unfortunately did not meet expectations, both our own and that of some of our customers. For this Im very sorry and want to assure everyone that we have taken measures to address the issues that arose and have put fixes in place that will make us more efficient.

We are building a company for the long-term and trying to do things right by our customers. This has been a learning experience, and we ask that anyone still experiencing any issues or with any questions/comments, email me at [email protected]. We are listening and eager to fix this.

Best,
Eliot
Welcome to Flyertalk, Elliot! I for one am very happy to see you post on here. I hope you will continue to monitor this thread for ongoing issues and resolve them quickly.

I received an email today indicating that my issues had been resolved and that my payments would go out tomorrow. I will keep an eye out for them and let you know if they do not go out.

I'm certain if you can iron these issues out and get payments processed quickly, you will be able to maintain a steady supply of business from the flyertalk community.

Now, if you could just process credit card payments, that would be great.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by frekwentflier
Welcome to Flyertalk, Elliot! I for one am very happy to see you post on here. I hope you will continue to monitor this thread for ongoing issues and resolve them quickly.

I received an email today indicating that my issues had been resolved and that my payments would go out tomorrow. I will keep an eye out for them and let you know if they do not go out.

I'm certain if you can iron these issues out and get payments processed quickly, you will be able to maintain a steady supply of business from the flyertalk community.

Now, if you could just process credit card payments, that would be great.
I too received an email stating that my payment is going out tonight and that I would receive an email confirmation. Hope that they follow thru as I would love to be able to continue to use their service.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I can't really buy that they are sending the "cheques" on the date they claim to send them, unless they are being sent from Canada, which is clearly a possibility.

Otherwise, plenty of us should have completed payments at this point.
Due to the costs of Canadian postage, it's conceivable they use a service that trucks the mail across the border and posts it in the US.

I've had 2 payments make it through all the way to the finish line.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by seat17D
Due to the costs of Canadian postage, it's conceivable they use a service that trucks the mail across the border and posts it in the US.

I've had 2 payments make it through all the way to the finish line.
Can you tell us how long they took from the "Check Payment Sent" email until the payments were received?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:07 am

Aug 5 - Payment scheduled
Aug 9 - Payment sent email
Aug 19th - payment posted.

They said my payment would get there by the 14th. What a sh*tshow...This was just a test payment to my mortgage company.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: Leisure Traveler: Delta DM, Starwood PM50, Global Entry, NEXUS, CLEAR
Thumbs up

Received two emails last night that my payments I've been waiting on have been sent. Looks like the Plastiq squad pulled an all-nighter or something and got these issues handled.

Want to thank Eliot for stopping by here and showing interest in our problems. Appreciate you guys getting this handled. Time to relax...
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Received sent payment email as well. Now I'll wait to see how long it takes for my mortgage company to receive the check.

Additionally they are now offering 0% fees if you set up at least 6 recurring utility payments if you use a MasterCard. Apparently it's automatically set up if you signed up for the service from the blogger sites.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by momoneylessproblems
I used them once before with 2.5% and it went through.

Used it again now with 1.99% and waiting for payment. I sent the payment 8/11, they asked for invoice, sent that on 8/14.
Payment went through today
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Irish80
Received sent payment email as well. Now I'll wait to see how long it takes for my mortgage company to receive the check.

Additionally they are now offering 0% fees if you set up at least 6 recurring utility payments if you use a MasterCard. Apparently it's automatically set up if you signed up for the service from the blogger sites.
This is just really dumb. They should have waited to work out the kinks before advertising another "great" deal to draw in even more customers. Now they'll be overloaded once again.

I work for a company that is dealing with massive growth and our shipping times have gotten out of control lately. it's a good problem to have, yes, but then we advertised a BOGO and it got even worse. I have a feeling something similar is going to happen here.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:06 am

I'd think that paying utilities won't require a lot of verification from Plastiq, since most companies are already on the website as payees, so the payments might be quicker.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by momoneylessproblems
I'd think that paying utilities won't require a lot of verification from Plastiq, since most companies are already on the website as payees, so the payments might be quicker.
I thought the same about my mortgage payment, but they took 4 days to generate an email that my payment had been sent so I wouldn't hold your breath.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by droidcore
Received two emails last night that my payments I've been waiting on have been sent. Looks like the Plastiq squad pulled an all-nighter or something and got these issues handled.

Want to thank Eliot for stopping by here and showing interest in our problems. Appreciate you guys getting this handled. Time to relax...
Time to relax is when the payee receives the check, not when Plastiq claims to have sent it.

Post back when that happens.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Time to relax is when the payee receives the check, not when Plastiq claims to have sent it.

Post back when that happens.
next month...
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, National Exec Elite
I got confirmations that my mortgage payments were sent today. One thing to remember about this service, it's not only the time it takes for the payment to arrive, but also the time it takes the payee to process the paper check. This can range from same day to many days depending on the payee.

I now send all of my Plastiq payments 2 weeks before the due date. That way, if there are any issues, I can always make an electronic payment to avoid late fees if necessary. Then if the Plastiq payment does end up going thru, that is just next month's payment early.

I really hope they beef up the list of companies they can use ACH with. That would really make them better than Evolve.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.