Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: financialhippie
Successful Credit Cards Used (Posted as Purchase)
Amex Open SPG Business
AMEX SPG (non-business)
BofA - Virgin Atlantic MC
BofA - Amtrak World MC
Barclaycard Aviator Red/Silver MC
Chase Ink Plus Visa
Chase Hyatt Visa (x2)
Chase BA Visa
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United MileagePlus Club
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Citi Prestige MC
Citi Premier MC
Citi AT&T Access More MC (3x for rent category)
Citi AA Platinum MC
FIA Fidelity Mastercard

Successful Payees:
BMW Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/19
Caliber Home Loans: Processed 12/09, Sent 12/11, Arrived-Posted 12/18
Cedent mortgage
Chase Mortgage (sends check)
Citi Mortgage: Processed 10/7, Sent 10/8, Arrived-Posted 10/15
Citizen's Auto Finance - Around 1 week.
CRA Personal Tax
George Mason University: Over a week and a half.
Infiniti Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/21
Lexus Financial. Processed 3/9/16, Posted 3/14/19
Morgan Stanley Home Loans: Processed 01/14, Sent 01/15, Arrived-Posted 01/21
National Grid Electric MA: 1 week turnaround
National Grid Gas MA: 3 week turnaround, sends physical check
"NJ City" Tax: Processed 01/21, Sent 01/22, Arrived-Posted 02/01
Penfed Mortgage: 1 week turnaround
TD Bank Mortgage (EFT)
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 10/8, Sent 10/9, Arrived-Posted 10/16
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 8/6, Sent 8/9, Posted 8/16
Print Wikipost

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by rocky_nnc
received the same,

which card to use the best ?
I have Prestige & ATT , what does citi code Plastiq as?
Pretty sure it's written on wiki
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:13 pm

Does anyone know how the scheduling works? I haven't signed up yet for Plastiq, but with the 1.75% promo I'd like to schedule out maybe as far as they'll let me. Can I cancel future payments if I've done that? We're likely to refinance the mortgage at some point in the relatively near future, though not before the 6 month minimum on this promotion.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:30 pm

I dont know how far you can schedule out. I scheduled 3 years out on the last promo. (I wish I did longer). Your are able to cancel any single or all remaining future paymnets. I regularly cancel a single months payment when a better deal shows up, or i need a minimum spend or when I get referral credits.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 25, 2016 at 2:19 pm Reason: remove referral offer
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:33 pm

Forgive me if this is already answered.

I pay rent to my landlord using Plastiq or Radpad sometimes. Now all he gets is a cheque in his name.
Now since I use Citi AT&T, I get 3x points and the fee is fine especially with the promo 1.75% , its 0.057 cpm.

Question is Why can't I just mail a $5000 or whatever amt cheque to my spouse or a relative at a different address and last name (as fake rent) using this service and cash the cheque and pay the credit card, isn't this a very good option of Manufactured spending? What am I missing?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by logs90210
Question is Why can't I just mail a $5000 or whatever amt cheque to my spouse or a relative at a different address and last name (as fake rent) using this service and cash the cheque and pay the credit card, isn't this a very good option of Manufactured spending? What am I missing?
It was answered (by me) on the previous page:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27107732-post489.html
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by chrisremo
It was answered (by me) on the previous page:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27107732-post489.html
Yes, but assuming you could get by that team? Is there any other reason why this is not a good option for mfg spending?

Last edited by logs90210; Aug 25, 2016 at 3:58 pm
Old Aug 25, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by logs90210
Yes, but assuming you could get by that team? Is there any other reason why this is not a good option for mfg spending?
If that works, then sure, go for it.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by chaser123
I dont know how far you can schedule out. I scheduled 3 years out on the last promo. (I wish I did longer). Your are able to cancel any single or all remaining future paymnets. I regularly cancel a single months payment when a better deal shows up, or i need a minimum spend or when I get referral credits.
Question on this. If I schedule out payments long-term, am I able to change the credit card I use down the line on those scheduled payments?

Ideally I'd like to change it multiple times for minimum spend purposes and still keep the 1.75% rate.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by BringBackTWA
Question on this. If I schedule out payments long-term, am I able to change the credit card I use down the line on those scheduled payments?

Ideally I'd like to change it multiple times for minimum spend purposes and still keep the 1.75% rate.
As far as I'm concerned, you are not able to change cards. I had my Premier card linked to the 1.5% promo last year and couldn't figure out how to do it.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:40 am

delete

Last edited by Mamibear; Aug 26, 2016 at 9:09 am
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:23 am

Anyone had any problems/issues with Plastiq refusing to send out checks (to within US) if you login (submit orders) from overseas? Will be in China/Asia next few weeks not sure if I can still use their service while over there.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: All of them to one degree or another
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
As far as I'm concerned, you are not able to change cards. I had my Premier card linked to the 1.5% promo last year and couldn't figure out how to do it.
I think this is correct
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:24 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Originally Posted by phiota
Anyone had any problems/issues with Plastiq refusing to send out checks (to within US) if you login (submit orders) from overseas? Will be in China/Asia next few weeks not sure if I can still use their service while over there.
Nope. I used it while in Amsterdam last week and it went through just fine.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:08 pm

what is the limit for plastiq .. my business rent is 15k a month and would love to be able to get points for it
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:33 pm

So it looks like Plastiq only lets you schedule out as far as the expiration date on the credit card. Adding one more month and I get an error.

Trying to figure out how to not use my Fee Free Dollars on this schedule, but not having much luck.

Edit: I just canceled the recurring payment, and made a different payment instead. Then added the recurring scheduled payment back. I'm not sure that was the best thing to do. When I set up the schedule before that other payment, it calculated the fee after the FFDs, and then showed a 1.63% fee for the whole schedule, and then FURTHER reduced the first payment by my FFDs. I expect they would have fixed that before the payments went out, though. When I set up the schedule after using my FFDs, it shows the correct 1.75% for each payment. If they don't fix that, could have saved myself some money there. If they do fix it, then it would have been a waste of FFDs on a lower-fee payment.

Edit 2: Bah, I wasted them anyway. I just discovered my electric company lets me pay online with a credit card for a flat fee of $1.65. How did I not know that before?

Last edited by penner42; Aug 27, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.