Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Am I totally screwed out of $1400 by H&R ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I totally screwed out of $1400 by H&R ?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 8:18 am

I think you should send snail mail letter pointing to the clause in agreement and say you haven't received the check. Don't say anything else. Same with complaining to any other regularatory agency. If h&r sticks to their current behavior then go to small claims court with the correspondence. Start documenting and tracking it, this is important. Good luck.
Old May 19, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by ucfzf10
I think you should send snail mail letter pointing to the clause in agreement and say you haven't received the check. Don't say anything else. Same with complaining to any other regularatory agency. If h&r sticks to their current behavior then go to small claims court with the correspondence. Start documenting and tracking it, this is important. Good luck.
^

One mantra "I want my $1400"

$1400 is not 'lost' but taken away, stolen from u and want it back. Ya,

https://help.consumerfinance.gov/app...#currentPage=0

Last edited by prasha11; May 19, 2015 at 10:05 am
Old May 19, 2015, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Do I file complaint under prepaid card or debit card ?

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/#credit-card
Old May 19, 2015, 10:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by prasha11

H&R is not disputing the deposit, has accepted $1400 from GC. H&R messed up by retuning the deposit. If there is no dispute what is the need for any proof or taking sides? only H&RB can fix it.
Because you are assuming that the other side will show up and admit that the OP did in fact load their H&R card properly, but for whatever reason H&R decided(probably not H&R but the bank behind it all, as was the case with a TM card) to shut down the acct and refund the funds to the source it came from

Then again unless a person takes a screen shot after every single load to show the new updated balance , we have no proof that in fact we actually did load a card.

No different then an a car accident where the party at fault tells you they are willing to pay to fix your car and no need to get the cops or the ins comapnys involved.Youa gree, when you tell them teh amount they say youre nuts and wont pay you.Then they call their ins company up and claim it was all your fault.

Pt is before it gets before a judge or whomever H&R can say as they please once it gets before them no way to know if they will sing a different song then the one they have been singing till now.
Old May 19, 2015, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
Because you are assuming that the other side will show up and admit that the OP did in fact load their H&R card properly, but for whatever reason H&R decided(probably not H&R but the bank behind it all, as was the case with a TM card) to shut down the acct and refund the funds to the source it came from

Then again unless a person takes a screen shot after every single load to show the new updated balance , we have no proof that in fact we actually did load a card.

No different then an a car accident where the party at fault tells you they are willing to pay to fix your car and no need to get the cops or the ins comapnys involved.Youa gree, when you tell them teh amount they say youre nuts and wont pay you.Then they call their ins company up and claim it was all your fault.

Pt is before it gets before a judge or whomever H&R can say as they please once it gets before them no way to know if they will sing a different song then the one they have been singing till now.

Yes but I can get the last transactions in writing from them....or atleast I think I can. I will try to do that today just in case I have to show it in a lawsuit.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by happyharrys
Do I file complaint under prepaid card or debit card ?

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/#credit-card
Emerald is Prepaid.

Yes but I can get the last transactions in writing from them....or atleast I think I can. I will try to do that today just in case I have to show it in a lawsuit.
Don't worry about anything in writing now....u may not need it or they will not give, do not get distracted. Stay on your Mantra 'I want my $1400" (no excuses attitude)

File this one too, not sure which one is right or responsive
https://www2.fdic.gov/starsmail/index.asp
Old May 19, 2015, 11:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by prasha11

Don't worry about anything in writing now....u may not need it or they will not give, do not get distracted. Stay on your Mantra 'I want my $1400" (no excuses attitude)
Why not? If they dont get it now, most likley once a suit lands in their lap you can forget about them even talking on the phone to you ,as the acct will be marked do not speak to this person under any circumstances refer them to ___ Dept

The OP can simply say they want to file a dispute with their CC and the CC needs a letter that in fact the H&R was loaded to the tune of $1400 on such a date and by loading $200 7 times. Doubt H&R will know what kind of Debit Vards were used. Of cause once said letter is in their hands they can always change their mind and decide not to file a Dispute but rather sue H&R or whomever

I am not a lawyer(liar) and never went to law school
Old May 19, 2015, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by craz
You are thinking too much, making complicated. Going before the judge is below 1% chance. This is not criminal case that u have to prove anything beyond the reasonable doubt. H&RB will be defendant must submit the account statement to prove it a false claim in their defense. If H&RB falsify/incomplete the records, there is electronic data trail OP can look for millions in a fraud case
Old May 19, 2015, 11:29 am
Original Poster

I'll be going to staples to get the receipts and see if that helps. My credit card statement only shows the date and amount of purchase and nothing else. I hope that is good enough to get a receipt from them.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:31 am
Original Poster

If H&R responds back to CFPB or to small claims saying we refunded the amount to the source of funds. Then what happens ?

I already filed a complaint with CFPB. As you asked I just asked for the $1400 back and did not mention the refund.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:54 am
Original Poster

I filed a claim with FDIC and CFPB. Let`s see what happens.
Old May 19, 2015, 12:45 pm

If H&R responds back to CFPB or to small claims saying we refunded the amount to the source of funds. Then what happens ?

I already filed a complaint with CFPB. As you asked I just asked for the $1400 back and did not mention the refund.
If u get the 'source' as answer in writing (I doubt!), You will write that its vague response to your inquiry, and demand for the specific details, at that point they may decide to mail u the check. (because they know the truth! guilt?) May take few weeks but stay firm with your mantra "I want my $1400" until u get it. sometimes u have to KISS (Keep It Simple act Stupid)

Imagine for a moment that u had their (H&RB) $1400 and tell them u returned their 1400 to the 'source' they gona scream loud 'Fraud'? remember fraudsters rhymes with banksters.

Are u not tired of that word 'fraud'? its time to give back, now your Mantra #2 is "Fraud" every time you are on the phone with them, repeat (very hip and trendy, most know about it)

Last edited by prasha11; May 19, 2015 at 1:50 pm
Old May 19, 2015, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

I am glad/happy/extatic to report that I got all my money back...

I went to Staples with the Chase ink card and the print out of my account statement. They were able to find all the transactions and printed out 5 receipts for me.

The printed receipt had the serial number which I gave to the giftcardmall people. I just told them that I have lost a bunch of cards and they went through each number one by one and reissued the cards. They did not charge anything for it.

At the end of the day I will be getting all the money back.^^^^

Thank you sooo much for your support and advice. I am so glad not have to go to small claims court
Old May 19, 2015, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

And from now onwards I am not throwing any card or its receipt away for the rest of my life. I will be like that guy who said he will leave the used cards for his kids to make a house or something...
Old May 19, 2015, 9:15 pm

Mamibear (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24816938-post45.html) & I (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24816982-post46.html) win.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.