Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Am I totally screwed out of $1400 by H&R ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I totally screwed out of $1400 by H&R ?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 10:11 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
i do not have any constructive criticism to provide. (i am at the moment laughing at OP.)
Old May 13, 2015, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

That's alright. Glad to put a smile on your face.
Old May 13, 2015, 11:19 pm

Sorry for your lost. Hope it works out. Where did you load your HR block card?
Old May 13, 2015, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vinhboy
Sorry for your lost. Hope it works out. Where did you load your HR block card?
Thanks. I haven't lost hope yet. Lets see.....

I was loading on the h&r block website where you can use debit card to fund the account.

Last edited by happyharrys; May 14, 2015 at 12:14 am
Old May 14, 2015, 12:32 am

try going back to the hr block website and in the box where you type in your card number type in different numbers or press the down button on the keyboard and see if anything pops up.
Old May 14, 2015, 12:42 am

Good luck and hope it works out for you.
This is why I have every GC, GC receipt, and MO receipt that I have ever bought/liquidated for MS. I have many boxes full of them in the back of a closet...just in case.
Old May 14, 2015, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by bugjuice11
try going back to the hr block website and in the box where you type in your card number type in different numbers or press the down button on the keyboard and see if anything pops up.
If that doesn't work, there are ways to access your form history file for your browser. The numbers may be somewhere in there.
Old May 14, 2015, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bugjuice11
That is a great idea but since they blocked my account I have lost access to the normal account page where I can see my balance or debit card info.
Old May 14, 2015, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happyharrys
I bought 7x$200 VGC`s at staples with my Chase Ink and used them to load H&R emerald card...
Have you tried Staples? It will be an uphill battle but Staples has record of your VGCs.
Old May 14, 2015, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Have you tried Staples? It will be an uphill battle but Staples has record of your VGCs.
afaik, when Staples cashier scans the barcode under the tab that we peel, that's not the same as the VGC number on the flip side. They can retrieve and make a duplicate receipt of the transaction and if that's accepted as proof of purchase for the issuer to replace them, maybe that'll work?

I've dealt with HRB CS a few times and we were just going in circles that's why I decided to put this in sock drawer; I hope others have a better experience.
Old May 14, 2015, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
LOL. That's actually a solid idea. Can't believe no one thought of it yet.
Old May 14, 2015, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by MasterCharge
i do not have any constructive criticism to provide. (i am at the moment laughing at OP.)
u are laughing at OP because u did the same last summer?

Originally Posted by happyharrys
I bought 7x$200 VGC`s at staples with my Chase

Am I totally screwed ???
My card is with my socks for almost a year....why do you ignore the posts in the HR thread? because u feel smarter or greedy? hope u learned a lesson....

If nothing works, file a complaint with fdic. After they respond that the money has been returned, deny/challenge that and ask for the proof, they need to provide the details.

Then the last alternative, u can consider small claims court, subpoena your account records.

All depends on your determination and tenacity. Remember, u are dealing with the banksters....but there is electronic data trail for your protection.
Old May 14, 2015, 9:00 am

Then the last alternative, u can consider small claims court, subpoena your account records.
OP, think 10x or more before you go this route; the time, effort, money you're going to spend to retrieve $1.4K doing all these, you may end up losing more.
Old May 14, 2015, 9:07 am

What about a chargeback @ Chase. Ultimately, you didnt get the $$ and if a chargeback is successful, it will wash out for everyone in the end.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
OP, think 10x or more before you go this route; the time, effort, money you're going to spend to retrieve $1.4K doing all these, you may end up losing more.
At the small claims you pay a one time fee, I think it's about $40. Not much to lose, and a lot ($1400) to win. Time and effort? It takes just one visit to file and one visit to see the judge. I have sued Chase and won and would go the same route if I had to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.