Any way to cash Amazon GC?

Old Apr 14, 15, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Any way to cash Amazon GC?

With 7x TYP on Amazon, I think I can get a lot of money if I can cash Amazon GC. Any idea how to?
Old Apr 14, 15, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
where is 7x typ on amazon?
Old Apr 14, 15, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by techoin View Post
where is 7x typ on amazon?
Legacy Citi Forward with retention offer.
Old Apr 14, 15, 6:57 pm

Best offer you're going to get is either selling them on eBay or using purse.io but you're going to take a 10% hit minimum, which makes it pretty much pointless.

Your best bet for maxing out your retention offer is fixed value $100-$200 VGC at a college bookstore. If you can find one that has the $200s you'll earn 1449 TYP each.

I have the same card but I'm holding off on calling for the retention offer until I find something better to maximize it with.
Old Apr 14, 15, 8:37 pm

What retention offer did your Forward give you? I called Citi and they refused to give me anything. I'll try calling again. I use my legacy Forward quite a bit for dining, average $700-1100/month.
Old Apr 14, 15, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
What retention offer did your Forward give you? I called Citi and they refused to give me anything. I'll try calling again. I use my legacy Forward quite a bit for dining, average $700-1100/month.
A lot of people have had success getting a retention offer on the Forward of an extra 2x TYP per dollar, including on bonus categories, for 6 months. Frequent Miler did a post on Citi retention offers a few months ago.

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...thought-plans/
Old Apr 15, 15, 1:52 pm

Also would be interesting to know if any restaurant or a movie theater has any CC GC?
(But pls refrain from Chipotle" jokes)
Old Apr 15, 15, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by avagyan View Post
Also would be interesting to know if any restaurant or a movie theater has any CC GC?
(But pls refrain from Chipotle" jokes)
Cracker Barrel.
Old Apr 15, 15, 3:53 pm

Programs: US Silver / AA Ruby, Hyatt & Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott & SPG Fools Gold
Originally Posted by ILGfly View Post
Cracker Barrel.
My stepdad just drove my stepsister across the country last week and said there was a Cracker Barrel at nearly every freeway exit in the south. When he told me that, all I could think of was the Cracker Barrel thread from a couple years ago. He missed out on some mega points & miles along the way...probably enough to pay for his flight back home. Haha
Old Apr 15, 15, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by skitch23 View Post
My stepdad just drove my stepsister across the country last week and said there was a Cracker Barrel at nearly every freeway exit in the south. When he told me that, all I could think of was the Cracker Barrel thread from a couple years ago. He missed out on some mega points & miles along the way...probably enough to pay for his flight back home. Haha
I'm still flying from that points/miles bonanza.
Old Apr 23, 15, 11:32 am

Programs: Delta!!!!!!!!!
I'll buy them from you @85%.
Old Apr 23, 15, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
April 14 is my birthday

Search this Thread