National MS Day

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 4, 16, 2:23 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MasterCharge
Wiki Link
  • Office name is MSpril
  • It is on the 9th of April

We shall feast like men and take from the banks on this very day per annum.

We don't always MS openly, but when we do, we do it on the 9th of April...
Stay Geedy my Friends
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 14, 15, 5:04 pm
jmw

PaulMSN, you live in the easiest state to MS in. I've been all over the country, and your state is by far the easiest place to MS. That's one of the reasons why most of us are tired of your "prove it" stance. I can unload GC to birds and MO like there is no tomorrow. I've set up driving routes in your state to unload within 4 hours and be back in Illinois. I buy tons of GC locally when I know I can travel to southern Wisconsin. That's why your view of MS is so warped and invalid.

If you want to prove me otherwise, I dare you to come to San Francisco and try to MS $50k within a month while accounting for gas and time wasted. You will probably not be able to get more $10k without help from experienced MSers, who will probably refuse to help just because unloading is so hard. Your profit will dry up fast because of wasted gas. Take pictures of receipts so we know you didn't unload the $50k back in easy-to-MS Wisconsin.
Old Apr 14, 15, 10:02 pm

I recently took a business trip out to Silicon Valley and the ease with which I MS'd was comical. I hit up 4 Safeways and did $2k in grocery MS in the course of 2 hours. The only tricky thing was finding a WW with a working Kate. The only thing that stopped me from doing more was not wanting to risk taking all that on a plane. Not to mention all the 7-11s and Valeros. Compare that to WI where gas and grocery MS is non-existent (unless you live in Madison). The only thing we have it easy on in my area is a lot of kates with low usage.

That being said, I certainly agree that overexposure kills deals. My fellow cheeseheads may disagree but you'd have to be pretty obtuse not to believe that circles and arrows played some role with VRs going away at OD and CVS, even if we don't have the CEO of the company explicitly on record stating such. People once dared to believe the Earth was round because it made intuitive sense even though it wasn't proven with 100% certainty until we got a picture of the planet from space.
Old Apr 14, 15, 10:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmw View Post
PaulMSN, you live in the easiest state to MS in...
FACT: I live in the easiest state to MS in but I'm not divulging where...

Originally Posted by mikeyb45 View Post
My fellow cheeseheads may disagree but you'd have to be pretty obtuse not to believe that circles and arrows played some role with VRs going away...
FACT: I just bought (yes bought) another 2 VRs this weekend. In fact - (drum roll please) the VRs appear to have somewhat of an updated look, and I'm predicting that they may return little by little. Keep the faith, people!
Old Apr 15, 15, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmw View Post
PaulMSN, you live in the easiest state to MS in. I've been all over the country, and your state is by far the easiest place to MS. That's one of the reasons why most of us are tired of your "prove it" stance. I can unload GC to birds and MO like there is no tomorrow. I've set up driving routes in your state to unload within 4 hours and be back in Illinois. I buy tons of GC locally when I know I can travel to southern Wisconsin. That's why your view of MS is so warped and invalid.

If you want to prove me otherwise, I dare you to come to San Francisco and try to MS $50k within a month while accounting for gas and time wasted. You will probably not be able to get more $10k without help from experienced MSers, who will probably refuse to help just because unloading is so hard. Your profit will dry up fast because of wasted gas. Take pictures of receipts so we know you didn't unload the $50k back in easy-to-MS Wisconsin.
You do realize that your entire post is irrelevant to the question of whether luv2ctheworld's claim is accurate, don't you? How hard or easy it is to MS in any particular locale has little to do with his claim that plenty of deals died because of popularity. Your post is really just an excuse to make a personal attack.

By the way, unless you've been to a significant number of outlets in this state and a significant number of outlets in other states, your claim of knowledge is purest bull. It's actually only your impression based on a tiny amount of data.

Last edited by PaulMSN; Apr 15, 15 at 5:09 am
Old Apr 15, 15, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeyb45 View Post
...That being said, I certainly agree that overexposure kills deals. My fellow cheeseheads may disagree but you'd have to be pretty obtuse not to believe that circles and arrows played some role with VRs going away at OD and CVS, even if we don't have the CEO of the company explicitly on record stating such. People once dared to believe the Earth was round because it made intuitive sense even though it wasn't proven with 100% certainty until we got a picture of the planet from space.
I didn't claim that overexposure could not kill deals. I only pointed out that luv2ctheworld's claim was false -- he did not see "plenty of deals" die because of popularity, he merely saw them die. If you go beyond that you're guessing, not posting fact. We also know why VRs went away at CVS -- a change in their costs. It's one of the few for which we have concrete data.

Too many people here have fall back on binary thinking -- if someone don't agree with you, they must believe the opposite extreme.

Last edited by PaulMSN; Apr 15, 15 at 5:49 am
Old Feb 17, 16, 12:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Don't forget - it's on April 9th. That is a Saturday so everyone should have plenty of time to go out and MS.

Old Feb 17, 16, 1:33 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Well, November 11 is already National Stupidity Day.

Seems that would be the most appropriate time to do something so smart as to gleefully try as hard as you can to get noticed, and effectively scream to the banks and airlines "hey, suckers, we're playing you for fools! Look at us! Nyah Nyah!!!! Whatcha gonna do about it? Hah hah, try and stop us, I dare ya!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Enjoy you holiday, Einstein.
Old Feb 17, 16, 7:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

You are too funny....Lighten up, flyboy

Last edited by BillyBaloney; Feb 17, 16 at 7:45 am
Old Apr 4, 16, 11:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

It's almost here...
Old Apr 4, 16, 11:15 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney View Post
It's almost here...
ahhh yes, our beloved day is coming soom, happy ms day everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5X deals for every one.
Old Apr 5, 16, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy View Post
Well, November 11 is already National Stupidity Day.

Seems that would be the most appropriate time to do something so smart as to gleefully try as hard as you can to get noticed, and effectively scream to the banks and airlines "hey, suckers, we're playing you for fools! Look at us! Nyah Nyah!!!! Whatcha gonna do about it? Hah hah, try and stop us, I dare ya!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Enjoy you holiday, Einstein.
Oh, my. [chuckle]

Last edited by zceuxbhjutf; Apr 5, 16 at 4:16 pm
Old Apr 6, 16, 11:14 pm

Since MS is done in secret, shouldn't we NOT see people doing it? I mean the point is to keep it on the hush hush no?
Old Apr 7, 16, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bbombb View Post
Since MS is done in secret, shouldn't we NOT see people doing it? I mean the point is to keep it on the hush hush no?
You may do it in secret. I don't. Secretiveness is selfishness -- you would never have heard of it if we all did as you believe.

The actual point is to take advantage of the opportunities that card rules and CC issuers gave us while they still exist.
Old Apr 8, 16, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PaulMSN View Post
You may do it in secret. I don't. Secretiveness is selfishness -- you would never have heard of it if we all did as you believe.

The actual point is to take advantage of the opportunities that card rules and CC issuers gave us while they still exist.
Thank u! I dont do this secretly at all! In fact the clerk at WM jokes with me "Going for more FF miles again, buddy? U wanna take me along for vacation?", or such! I have nothing to hide, and I joined FT to help others!
I even taught the assistant manager at OD how to MS (he had no idea what it is), and he was thankful to me!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: