Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VGC's and AGC's from Office Depot

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

VGC's and AGC's from Office Depot

I've gone to OD yesterday and today to buy 200 usd vgc's and AGC's with my Ink. However at checkout, neither one were charging the 6.95 activation fees. The same thing today. The managers couldn't figure it out, and the computer was not showing any kind of discounts.

Is this an opportunity, or would I end up with 200 usd bookmarks?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 3:02 pm

have u check the balance on those cards?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

I cancelled the purchases when the manager said they don't show any discounts/specials. I did not want to risk having to call Chase for a chargeback on GC's.

I was just wondering if previous specials/sales on these GC's behaved the same way on checkouts.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 3:30 pm

if you bought some and found the $200 balance is there, I don't see a problem. I found TRUs that sold the $50 VGCs that rang up 0.00 fee and they accept TRU GCs as payment. I bought TRU GCs from the grocery store and used them as payment. I haven't visited TRU after that visit to check if they have re-stocked. The GCs had $50 in them and I had no problem loading them to prepaid cards.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
if you bought some and found the $200 balance is there, I don't see a problem. I found TRUs that sold the $50 VGCs that rang up 0.00 fee and they accept TRU GCs as payment. I bought TRU GCs from the grocery store and used them as payment. I haven't visited TRU after that visit to check if they have re-stocked. The GCs had $50 in them and I had no problem loading them to prepaid cards.
Happened to me at Staples about a year ago. Manager got a kick out of it and he let me buy all they had - about $5K. It was I suspect just a system error, and each card was fully activated. Went to another Staples to see if it was system wide, but $6.95 fee came up - bought just one and left.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

I'll try and it buy one tomorrow and see if it is activated. If it is, I'm going back and buy a whole bunch. Meeting my spend for my new SPG may have to be delayed until next month. Hehe.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 2:01 pm

I can confirm this deal worked today at both OM and OD for $200 MCGC and MBVGCs. I checked the balance on card to make sure they've been activated and they're good! If this is a glitch, it's best to run now and check your OSS before the gravy train passes.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
I'm surprised this discussion hasn't picked up steam
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
I'm surprised this discussion hasn't picked up steam
not only on this thread but the whole forum on MSing, I doubt if any serious MSing is going on......
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:12 pm

Met fellow FlyerTalker at OM in OC. Both $200 VGC and MCGC rang up with activation fees. So we passed. Went back to OD, and Visas still ringing up at $200. Gorged myself today. Yeah, surprised this is not getting more attention. This one is real!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by BigDawgFT
So we passed. Went back to OD, and Visas still ringing up at $200.
are they OneVanilla Visas ?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

I bought 4 VGC's today and they rung up with on activation fees. I see that there is a balance and activated when I checked online.

I don't know what a OneVanilla is, but these VGCs says "Vanilla Gift Cards". Please note that when I tried to buy the Wednesday and Thursday, I tried these VGCs and AGCs, and none of them charged the activation fees.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by RTWRide
I don't know what a OneVanilla is, but these VGCs says "Vanilla Gift Cards".
Oops, I mean Vanilla visas, I have been doing too much CVS OneVanilla GC
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by prasha11
not only on this thread but the whole forum on MSing, I doubt if any serious MSing is going on......
Local OD rack was picked clean of $200 cards. A moderate number of $100 cards remained, and tons of $50 and below. I think this one is already nearly dead because this carcass was not fresh when it started to attract attention here.

Yeah I could clean them out, but it's a pain to dump $50 cards. I picked up a handful of $100 MCGC since I was there anyways. This isn't the Deal of the Century, I mean sometimes I wonder if the $200 VGC with rebates making them < $200 are really worth my time.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by ElPresidente
Local OD rack was picked clean of $200 cards. A moderate number of $100 cards remained, and tons of $50 and below. I think this one is already nearly dead because this carcass was not fresh when it started to attract attention here.

Yeah I could clean them out, but it's a pain to dump $50 cards. I picked up a handful of $100 MCGC since I was there anyways. This isn't the Deal of the Century, I mean sometimes I wonder if the $200 VGC with rebates making them < $200 are really worth my time.
^ same here, I left all $25/50/100 on the racks, though fee-less.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.