Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VGC's and AGC's from Office Depot

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:05 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RTWRide
Actually, when I first tried to buy this on the 1st and 2nd, I spoke to the manager and asked him to check if it's ringing up right. I was more worried I would end up $200 useless plastics that I'll have to go through the process of getting refunded or having to call Chase. The manager said he would. But it's obviously still going on.

By the way, I bought 7 more today, but that's probably going to be it this month. I'm afraid of getting caught by Chase.
The manager at my OD had a similar concern about whether they'd be activated properly. I used the MCGC I picked up they worked fine.

I don't perceive what your worry here would be with Chase. Caught for what? Using their card to purchase something, then paying your bill? A transaction took place, and I'm dead certain they'll extract their percentage as always. Chase has nothing to do with the card activation fee, that's the issuer.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by RTWRide
Actually, when I first tried to buy this on the 1st and 2nd, I spoke to the manager and asked him to check if it's ringing up right. I was more worried I would end up $200 useless plastics that I'll have to go through the process of getting refunded or having to call Chase. The manager said he would. But it's obviously still going on.

By the way, I bought 7 more today, but that's probably going to be it this month. I'm afraid of getting caught by Chase.
If anything this is ODs fault for not correcting their issue with how they are processing these things. Chase wont care becuz u were getting charged what the total amount OD told u that u owed. You were not pulling tricks to deceive OD into selling them intentionally to u without fees.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Anyone tried yet this morning to see if this is still a go? My store doesn't open till close to Noon because of Easter, so I'm still waiting...

3 days late to this party--I can't believe it!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: A few
I heard some memo went out last night but not sure if that was localized (source was NorCal where some folks were hitting it up hard)

I only got $3k worth but surprised to see it wasn't wiped out round here there are a couple of heavy hitters around, maybe they are all on spring break
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I heard some memo went out last night but not sure if that was localized (source was NorCal where some folks were hitting it up hard)

I only got $3k worth but surprised to see it wasn't wiped out round here there are a couple of heavy hitters around, maybe they are all on spring break
I am not surprised for Nor Cal since there are just few locations of many chains in general.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: UA Gold;DL GM
Week Of April 5th

Anyone bold enough to try and see if there is a holdover to this week? They may be closed for Easter today, but will be interested to see if it is still active.

Since it was not an advertised special, it could be active, who knows?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:03 pm

Over 6K today so far.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:08 pm

Went into one and called others in my area, they don't allow purchase with CC..

Ridiculous considering what type of customer they serve but oh well. Guess I get it.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:29 pm
vrm

Trouble loading into Serve

I managed to purchase 5 gift cards (5 *200$) with manager override. They initially said cash only but later figured they can accept card for fixed value gift cards.

I immediately took it to Walmart Money Center (Automated machine) and tried to use the gift cards to load my serve account. This failed and when I checked my vanillavisa.com website, I saw a message "Denied : Delayed Redemption". Called customer center and they said I can load only after 90 mins, I tried after 90 mins as well.. No luck... has anyone had the luck of loading into Serve card?

The gift card that I purchased is the golden gift box packed one.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Over 6K today so far.
Glad to know it's still working. I will have to purchase some more later this afternoon. I did $4,000 yesterday and hopefully can do the same today. Easy 40,000 points.

Originally Posted by rbynes
Went into one and called others in my area, they don't allow purchase with CC..

Ridiculous considering what type of customer they serve but oh well. Guess I get it.
My store had a sign that stated what was allowed as tender. The variable cards said cash only. The fixed value stated cash, debit, and credit. Granted, most store managers seem to have the ability to change policy if they see fit.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by vrm
I managed to purchase 5 gift cards (5 *200$) with manager override. They initially said cash only but later figured they can accept card for fixed value gift cards.

I immediately took it to Walmart Money Center (Automated machine) and tried to use the gift cards to load my serve account. This failed and when I checked my vanillavisa.com website, I saw a message "Denied : Delayed Redemption". Called customer center and they said I can load only after 90 mins, I tried after 90 mins as well.. No luck... has anyone had the luck of loading into Serve card?

The gift card that I purchased is the golden gift box packed one.
Yeah, these aren't like the Sunnies you buy at WM which can be loaded right away. Safest bet? Wait till tomorrow. But thy'll load, in load amounts of $49.99 and less.

Last edited by Preacher7; Apr 5, 2015 at 12:40 pm
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:44 pm

Yeah, these aren't like the Sunnies you buy at WM which can be loaded right away. Safest bet? Wait till tomorrow. But thy'll load, in load amounts of $49.99 and less.
Jeez, you're going to liquidate thousands of dollars $49.99 at a pop? That's going to take forever, especially since I don't have a working Kate near me. Sigh.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:04 pm

Vegas?

Anybody in vegas? I'm on a road trip, would like to grab a couple but don't want to press if they are out of stock there.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:06 pm

There's an easy way to drain these $200 GCs whether they're vanillas, MBs or even AGCs, discretion is one's friend.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:12 pm
vrm

Question

Just found a thread on this topic... Unfortunately I got the golden colored gift card which has been striked out....

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2014/0...rd-at-walmart/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.