Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2015 Shutdown Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 10:52 am

Do not hold a high balance in Arrival. They closed the account and we forfeited 165K points. They said it's in the agreement.
Old May 17, 2015, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by vitousa
Do not hold a high balance in Arrival. They closed the account and we forfeited 165K points. They said it's in the agreement.
Any idea why they closed the account?
Old May 20, 2015, 8:08 am
Original Poster

OneWest Bank - thanks for the ride! Glad to know ya!

You have very nice tellers and pleasant locations with good parking.

I'm sorry you don't want my business, but I fully understand. It's not you. It's me.

Maybe someday we can try again.
Old May 20, 2015, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by FreakingFlyer

I'm sorry you don't want my business, but I fully understand. It's not you. It's me.

Were you depositing a lot of MO or something? I put about 6-9k of MO in my Chase. I don't want them to close me down since I have a lot of CC with them, and they are my primary bank.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo
Were you depositing a lot of MO or something? I put about 6-9k of MO in my Chase. I don't want them to close me down since I have a lot of CC with them, and they are my primary bank.

I wouldn't deposit money orders at Chase. Too many other Credit Unions and Banks that I don't care whether or not they shut me down..
Old May 20, 2015, 2:36 pm

If you're worried about a complete lockdown then you should probably diversify by having a setup like...

*X for your primary bank
*Y for your money order deposits
*Z for cards

That way, if your cards or MO account get shut down for MS, you'll only lose one of the latter two instead of having your main bank account razed as well.

Even if they don't shut you down right now, your Chase account is still carrying the burden of two unnecessary risks that could bite you in the ... later.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by TrumpCard
If you're worried about a complete lockdown then you should probably diversify by having a setup like...

*X for your primary bank
*Y for your money order deposits
*Z for cards

That way, if your cards or MO account get shut down for MS, you'll only lose one of the latter two instead of having your main bank account razed as well.

Even if they don't shut you down right now, your Chase account is still carrying the burden of two unnecessary risks that could bite you in the ... later.
Sounds good. thanks.
Old May 21, 2015, 5:05 am

How serious was the relationship, and how long did it last? I just started the courtship with them.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Probably $100K of MO over six months, plus maybe $20K of cash.

I wouldn't get anywhere near Chase with these weapons of mass destruction.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by buruch
How serious was the relationship, and how long did it last? I just started the courtship with them.
See above.

No downside to a small courtship, that I can see. Worth every minute.
Old May 21, 2015, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M

I like the way you phrased it.
Old May 21, 2015, 12:31 pm

Probably $100K of MO over six months, plus maybe $20K of cash.

Holy moly.
Old May 21, 2015, 1:52 pm

Checking Account

I wanted to open a new basic checking account for MSing. Do you know if they do hard pull or soft pull for opening the account?
Old May 21, 2015, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ramamosn
I wanted to open a new basic checking account for MSing. Do you know if they do hard pull or soft pull for opening the account?
Who is the "they" here?
Old May 21, 2015, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by ramamosn
Are you asking about Chase specifically or some other bank? Chase does a soft pull for accounts. http://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-a...-or-hard-pull/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.