FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Chase Q2 5% Categories (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1663853-chase-q2-5-categories.html)

MG49 Mar 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Chase Q2 5% Categories

So for Quarter 2, it's Restaurants, Bed Bath & Beyond, H&M, and Overstock,com. How hard will it be to max out this quarter?

ericdabbs Mar 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by MG49 (Post 24517863)
So for Quarter 2, it's Restaurants, Bed Bath & Beyond, H&M, and Overstock,com. How hard will it be to max out this quarter?

I mean restaurants should be pretty easy to get at least half of the quarterly bonus. I am not sure if BBB sells 3rd party GCs but I'll give it a shot and look. Maybe someone can confirm if this is the case. Hopefully BBB sells a lot of 3rd party GCs. Some gas cards would be nice.

bjk497 Mar 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 24517924)
I mean restaurants should be pretty easy to get at least half of the quarterly bonus. I am not sure if BBB sells 3rd party GCs but I'll give it a shot and look. Maybe someone can confirm if this is the case. Hopefully BBB sells a lot of 3rd party GCs. Some gas cards would be nice.

My local BBB has a rack of 3rd party GC by the exit. Never looked to closely at them though

ILGfly Mar 16, 2015 7:54 pm

I seem to recall someone posting on here a while ago that BBB sells fixed denomination VGC.

PlyrStar93 Mar 16, 2015 8:39 pm

Checked today and found BB&B sells $200 VGCs. May not be a lot of earning, though. They do sell 3rd party GC, but YMMV depending on location--one only sells its own GC, while the other sells 3rd party's.

XP1 Mar 16, 2015 9:06 pm

I don't spend so much at restaurants.

ericdabbs Mar 17, 2015 12:40 am

Originally Posted by PlyrStar93 (Post 24518199)
Checked today and found BB&B sells $200 VGCs. May not be a lot of earning, though. They do sell 3rd party GC, but YMMV depending on location--one only sells its own GC, while the other sells 3rd party's.

Originally Posted by ILGfly (Post 24518020)
I seem to recall someone posting on here a while ago that BBB sells fixed denomination VGC.

Damn I checked a BBB near my work place and I only saw up to $100 VGCs and MGCs. I did see $200 AGCs which maybe tells me that they might have run out of $200 VGCs. I guess I have to check out other BBBs to see if they sell $200 VGCs. This is a good backup option in case I can't meet the $1500 cap after restaurants and gas cards spending.

Well in terms of earning power, buying $200 VGCs is not any different than what people do with buying $200 VGCs with their Ink cards at Staples. In both instances you are earning 5x UR points. If you have an Ink or CSP card to transfer to partner airlines this is great since it doesn't cut into the $50K cap of the Ink cards. I gotta explore to see if other BBBs sell $200 VGCs.

danpeake Mar 17, 2015 4:21 am

What are the fees on the $200 VGCs?

xSTRIKEx6864 Mar 17, 2015 9:02 am

Q2 has Mother's Day & Father's Day... a lot of dining establishments will have deals (like buy $50 in gift cards, get $10 free), so you can take advantage of that if there are places you frequent often.

sfkhan Mar 17, 2015 9:13 am

I have seen $200 MGC in BBB but they are kind of hard to liquidate. Shouldnt be an issue unloading them on redbird though.

waygora Mar 17, 2015 6:22 pm

BBB sells the exact same VGC as Staples, same price, same return as Ink cards with a 5X.

bkiminfinity Mar 18, 2015 9:15 am

not exactly MS, but does anyone know if the iphone/android app Reserve will code as restaurant, or instead will be some kind of third party payment processing category?

there are referral credits that get you a net $20 off at a restaurant ($25 credit for signing up minus the $5 fee that the app charges), but not sure if using the app would count for the 5x for freedom. anyone have data points?

exmike Mar 18, 2015 12:46 pm

Im sure 99% of people on this board have an ink if they have a freedom, so random GCs aren't that helpful. It needs to be GCs that we can get with freedom that we cant get with ink. Anyway, better than nothing still.

hamokmonky Mar 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by exmike (Post 24527673)
Im sure 99% of people on this board have an ink if they have a freedom, so random GCs aren't that helpful. It needs to be GCs that we can get with freedom that we cant get with ink. Anyway, better than nothing still.

since both categories are limited, this is not necessarily true. Im sure plenty of people find it useful.

hamhead Mar 18, 2015 4:23 pm

I always look forward to the restaurant category. Will meet that in the first month with just normal spend.