Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Comments on moderation ARE NOT allowed !
Print Wikipost

RIP Redbird... Fun while it lasted

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:33 pm

While I don't yet have a full opinion on the truthfulness or otherwise of the email:

When I first posted about my OBC shutdown, and posted the text, there were lots of "detectives" who found out all the reasons why it was a hoax, AMex emails don't look like that, don't use that tone etc. And, initially, not all that many other reports on FT or elsewhere.

And then.... there were lots of shutdowns.

So, far from convinced about the "proofs" that is a hoax. And as for the analysis of the OP history and supporters, to my mind that either is failing to take into account context, or shows (as is rather common here) a lack of humor. The whole store card loading BB, getting stuff at Cracker Barrel etc, were OBVIOUSLY jokes, and not malicious. If this is a hoax, it is not the same kind of thing as those.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by iflyjetz

1. I did some digging around the internets (love that word - and yes I know that you don't add an 's') and found a bit of stuff on Dansdeals. Take it for what it's worth. Aj3042 from Dansdeals posted that 2 of his RBs got shut down more than a week ago. Here are the screenshots he posted:
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.ph...ch=15137;image
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.ph...ch=15139;image

Note that in the second image, it mentions Section 15E. There's no section 15E of the Redbird agreement. However, Serve's Section 15E looks identical to Section 15D of RB. https://www.serve.com/legal.html#suspension
Perhaps this is just a screwup by AmEx personnel. And all of the small discrepancies in the closure emails pointed out by others could also be screw-ups by AmEx personnel.
You can find RB's Section 15D here: https://amex.serve.com/prepaidredcar...User_Agreement
So they shut down this person for violating the section in which they describe how they shut down people?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:49 pm

1. The jokes aren't funny.

2. The most pathetic thing is the poor saps who wanna convey "Hey everybody! I was smart enough to know it was a joke." ...by bumping the thread with basically the same joke changed around a little.

3. This is a worldwide forum. People whose native language isn't English aren't gonna understand lotsa jokes -- even ones that are actually funny. They would tend to have no hope of understanding lame jokes.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
1. The jokes aren't funny.

2. The most pathetic thing is the poor saps who wanna convey "Hey everybody! I was smart enough to know it was a joke." ...by bumping the thread with basically the same joke changed around a little.

3. This is a worldwide forum. People whose native language isn't English aren't gonna understand lotsa jokes -- even ones that are actually funny. They would tend to have no hope of understanding lame jokes.
Clearly point 1 is very much a personal opinion. People participating in those threads (except for the complainers) did find them funny.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
....There are a lot of lazy MSers who can't come up with three numbers that add up to $2.5K other than $1k/$1k/$500. ..
And there are a lot of "know-it-all" pompous MSers who have no idea like everyone else here what triggers a fraud alert for RC....
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:20 pm

So OP opens a thread about a RedCard shutdown and never returned to make even one follow up comment since? Hmmm. Reality is EVERY type of MS account will always have someone that gets shutdown for one reason or another. RedCard is no exception. It's just that this particular situation seems to be someone yelling fire in a crowded theater where there is no fire.

Put it this way, 1,000 people go to the neighborhood McDonalds every day for a month, order a big mac combo meal and after one month only ONE person got fat. Can we concluded, or fear then that the other 999 will also get fat eating at McDonalds? YMMV folks.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Beetlesauce
So OP opens a thread about a RedCard shutdown and never returned to make even one follow up comment since? Hmmm. Reality is EVERY type of MS account will always have someone that gets shutdown for one reason or another. RedCard is no exception. It's just that this particular situation seems to be someone yelling fire in a crowded theater where there is no fire.

Put it this way, 1,000 people go to the neighborhood McDonalds every day for a month, order a big mac combo meal and after one month only ONE person got fat. Can we concluded, or fear then that the other 999 will also get fat eating at McDonalds? YMMV folks.
He made two follow up posts on the first page. Some people aren't on FT everyday, as crazy as that may sound.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Deant (a longtime FT poster) already confirmed that his RB was shut down. So why do people continue to insist this was a hoax? Are you calling Deant (a longtime FT poster) a liar?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:36 pm

Yes......
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
And there are a lot of "know-it-all" pompous MSers who have no idea like everyone else here what triggers a fraud alert for RC....
Poorly phrased on your part ... no big deal. Please explain what you're trying to convey.

1) You and everyone else here know what triggers a fraud alert for RC

2) No one knows what triggers a fraud alert for RC.

More important. I didn't discuss fraud alerts for RC. Why are you quoting me when you're posting about RC fraud alerts?

Even more important. Do you understand the difference between a fraud alert and a 'not used as intended' flag? Your post suggests that you do not.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by Beetlesauce
So OP opens a thread about a RedCard shutdown and never returned to make even one follow up comment since?
The OP responded to several of my questions in this thread. See post #6, 11, 38. I stopped looking at #38. There may be more.
#6 and 11 are on page 1.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
I dont have a Target Redcard, so I have no skin in this game. That said, I don't think this is a hoax.

Why would anyone think that a MS method like this, that is so being so heavily exploited by such large numbers of people (many of who are complete idiots), and that is so well known, would NOT be shut down by those who have to pay the cost of everyone's free trips to Bora Bora?

The large corporations involved may be slow to react, but they are not all complete idiots. At some point, it was inevitable that they would move to stop their bleeding. This game has been running for almost 6 months. It would surprise me if they didn't move to start shutting down the most obvious, most lazy, most abusive participants.

In the next few days we will know better - if more reports of shutdowns come rolling in, or if it all goes Chipotle.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Wross1
So they shut down this person for violating the section in which they describe how they shut down people?
Don't ever apply logic to large companies. It's not worth the pain. I'm merely posting what I found. You're welcome to go to Dansdeals and read the original posts to draw your own conclusions.

None of this is going to change my MS other than making a few small Target purchases on my RB. I'm merely conveying additional information on the subject - no intent to be a 'know it all'; if my posts are incorrectly interpreted in that manner, I have no problem NOT posting any additional information. ... and people wonder why the OP hasn't returned??????
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:02 pm

Who pays CC fee

When I load RB with CCs, who pays CC fees: Amex or Target?

If it's Amex, Amex cares about CC abuse.
If it's Target, Target cares.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:08 pm

Did you call last week?

A question to those who received cancellation email:
When RB loading did not work last week, did you call them?

I wonder if that has triggered a review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.