Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Comments on moderation ARE NOT allowed !
Print Wikipost

RIP Redbird... Fun while it lasted

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by plenow
Thanks. This RB is not in my name, it's in my daughter's name (with permission). Her name is one that could be considered asexual. I imagine I have all the information they would ask (since I set it up for her). Knowing this would you still call or wait for a "second notice"?
Just call. The CSRs won't second guess you if you can provide all of the necessary information.

AND PLEASE STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD -- move it to the regular RB thread unless you want to be thought of as supporting OP's claims.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K;
I am not too sure if it is a hoax. I had a guy I work with ask me if I had any problems with RedBird. He is fairly active in MS but does not participate on FT or elsewhere. He knows I also MS.
He said he was just shutdown on his RedBird account. I asked if he knew why and he said he was advised that it was for "activity that was not the intended use" or something close to that. I do not have any further details....but it was a shutdown.
He had no reason to make that story up and does not know about this thread.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Hoax or not, why can't people just take it easy and not load 1k 1k 500 in one shot. Making an extra trip or two isn't going to kill you.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:39 am

my brother in law's RB was shut down a month ago. At the time, I just chalked it up as something weird he did - possibly fat-fingering SSN or DOB. But I asked him last night if he still had the email. He deleted it, so I showed him the one posted by OP. He said it was similar in general verbage, but his reason stated was different. so fwiw, i believe OP.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:40 am

Thanks. This RB is not in my name, it's in my daughter's name (with permission). Her name is one that could be considered asexual. I imagine I have all the information they would ask (since I set it up for her). Knowing this would you still call or wait for a "second notice"?
You can call. They may want you to send an image of your daughter's drivers license.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SW Companion Pass, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by frudd38
Hoax or not, why can't people just take it easy and not load 1k 1k 500 in one shot. Making an extra trip or two isn't going to kill you.
As many others have said, it doesn't have to do with the loads as much as it has to do with unloading the exact same amounts very quickly.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: IHG Plat
Originally Posted by busymike
my brother in law's RB was shut down a month ago. At the time, I just chalked it up as something weird he did - possibly fat-fingering SSN or DOB. But I asked him last night if he still had the email. He deleted it, so I showed him the one posted by OP. He said it was similar in general verbage, but his reason stated was different. so fwiw, i believe OP.
he couldn't go to his trash box?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:03 am

The red flag could have been loading the RB with a credit card not with a different name (yours) than that of the RB account holder (your daughter).
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
Why would AMEX suddenly be concerned about "unintended use" regarding this particular product while similar products (SRV,BB,AFT), which have been in the market longer than RB, didn't ?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Folks, please vet the sources of the initial report and the "confirmations."

If someone were actually shutdown, the first thing one does is try to log-in to the account. However, no one who reported a shutdown has mentioned anything about trying to log-in and what happens. I even specifically asked (and received no response):

Now, let's go in order of posting for the "report" and "confirmations:"

1) RFDMinnesota:

OP is known to state false information on FT. For example, in this post, OP claimed that store gift cards could be loaded to BlueBird:

Now, to the first "confirmation:"

2) Dave4086:

In the same joke thread as OP regarding claims that store GCs will load to Bluebird, this posted provided "confirmation":

And, then, this poster was also admittedly "in on the joke" in the "H.E.L.L.O. method" thread:

On to the next "confirmation," by a first-time poster who just joined this week? A poster who hasn't posted since.

3) TommyFlysAlot:

A single-post does not make a forest of credibility

And, then we have this "confirmation:"

4) WhoGoesThere:

Here's a recent (although, more light-hearted) joke post from this poster:

Finally, we have this poster:

5) SanDiego_Fred:

This poster has only ever posted in the main RB thread (5 total times) and then only in this "shutdown" thread since joining FT last month.

[I was bored. Otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my time on this.]

Mods - Can we lock this thread yet? Or, at least, merge it with the existing RB thread?

You da man!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by OHijAAzi73
Why would AMEX suddenly be concerned about "unintended use" regarding this particular product while similar products (SRV,BB,AFT), which have been in the market longer than RB, didn't ?
They probably wouldn't be. It would be Target that would be unhappy with 'unintended use' of the card.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Folks, please vet the sources of the initial report and the "confirmations."

If someone were actually shutdown, the first thing one does is try to log-in to the account. However, no one who reported a shutdown has mentioned anything about trying to log-in and what happens. I even specifically asked (and received no response):

Now, let's go in order of posting for the "report" and "confirmations:"

1) RFDMinnesota:

OP is known to state false information on FT. For example, in this post, OP claimed that store gift cards could be loaded to BlueBird:

Now, to the first "confirmation:"

2) Dave4086:

In the same joke thread as OP regarding claims that store GCs will load to Bluebird, this posted provided "confirmation":

And, then, this poster was also admittedly "in on the joke" in the "H.E.L.L.O. method" thread:

On to the next "confirmation," by a first-time poster who just joined this week? A poster who hasn't posted since.

3) TommyFlysAlot:

A single-post does not make a forest of credibility

And, then we have this "confirmation:"

4) WhoGoesThere:

Here's a recent (although, more light-hearted) joke post from this poster:

Finally, we have this poster:

5) SanDiego_Fred:

This poster has only ever posted in the main RB thread (5 total times) and then only in this "shutdown" thread since joining FT last month.

[I was bored. Otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my time on this.]

Mods - Can we lock this thread yet? Or, at least, merge it with the existing RB thread?
what about the confirmation from deant? not a fly by night poster
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Force of One
For those of you that have gotten shutdown, is there any collateral damage with your other Amex cards, specifically credit cards?
Did not have any of my Amex cards shut down. Just the RedBird. Will probably wait a couple of weeks and then try to get a BB again.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by thehustla
You da man!
We're just happy it's business as usual.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by indelible
he couldn't go to his trash box?
we obviously checked there. he's OCD about keeping a clean mail account, so apparently he's one of the few people who pre-emptively deletes his trash before gmail does so automatically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.