Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Prepaidian Delaware Boys Girl Club Card issued by Metabank

Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:31 pm

I don't understand. The contention is that you can really load much more than the 250.00 a week for the 2.95 fee? Why did they bother with the Cardholder Agreement? Where is the proof? If not, how is this anything to write home about anyway?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
The proof is in the pudding.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
How deals end:

1. A great deal works for months and months if you go about it quietly
2. One day, someone cheerfully posts it on FT
3. Next day, Sauron-in-a-Bowtie splashes photos of his lovely wife waving the card in Bora Bora. The herd makes a sharp turn, and stampedes towards the newly publicized deal.
4. When some clueless dolt makes a mistake, he calls corporate to demand his free trip to Bora Bora.
5. Soon after, it's shut down
6. An argument appears on FT, people who got in on the party are royally pissed, the usual denialists demand irrefutable evidence that the deal was actually killed by the stampede, despite the trampled prairie.

I got no skin in this game, but if this is indeed a fruitful channel, expect it to last about a week more, maybe two. Well-meaning but v-e-r-y naive OP.
Totally agree. OP has good intentions but maybe we kill the thread...
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by batmandds
Totally agree. OP has good intentions but maybe we kill the thread...
Too late now, the thread can't be killed, and it's out there. The damage has been done, there's no going back. Queue the Hitler video.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:24 pm

I guess I shouldn't be so upset. Even if they implement the $250 cap, I still come out way ahead with my dozens of cards, online portal bonus (think outside the box people) and 3.5% anywhere cc.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:27 pm

In for two.

Hint: there are more options on this card than just the one. Maybe let's not all inundate the first one we see hint hint
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:17 pm

nwflyboy, grow up.

If finding things on FT makes you unhappy, it makes sense for you to stop reading FT. Or take it in a ridiculous other direction: how about everybody contact you first for permission to post new ideas. I can just see how that goes...

OP: mind if I post about the Boys and Girls Club
Kook: what's that, I never heard of it
OP: a good new way to MS, here's the details
Kook: awesome, now that I know about it, don't tell anybody
OP: who the heck are you???!!!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:19 pm

Here you go...stop PMs

https://www.getdebitcard.net/gw
https://www.getdebitcard.net/a1
https://www.getdebitcard.net/a2
https://www.getdebitcard.net/a3
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:24 pm

http://www.joshuaharvestchurch.org/default.html is a rockin church. I recommend this card.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:40 pm

True, but "Let not him who has been blacklisted abuseth the accounts of the church", as Jewsus has said.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I just called customer service and asked about the $250 limit they said they have never heard of it. I asked if it was still ok to load $2500/day and they put me on hold and tranferred me but I hung up before they could get my card(s) number.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:04 pm

Ah, "ask questions and hang up before getting an answer, thereby piquing their curiosity". The classic axiom of MS.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by member7777
I just called customer service and asked about the $250 limit they said they have never heard of it. I asked if it was still ok to load $2500/day and they put me on hold and tranferred me but I hung up before they could get my card(s) number.
I hope this is a joke. If not you're an idiot.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SW Companion Pass, Hilton Gold
How much can you load at once? Can you load the full $2,500 in one transaction for the $2.95 fee?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:19 pm

One last hint lest someone accuse me of spoon-feeding...

there's at least one of the posted options that come with a "fee waived for the first two months" deal...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.