Vanilla GC unloading issue

Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Vanilla GC unloading issue

It seems Bancorp is blocking large debit transactions for its OneVanilla and Vanilla Visa gift cards at stores besides Walmart. Today I tried at Kroger, got an error message: "Not authorized". Tried at RA, got an error message: "Negative response".

Any one had the same issue recently?

Last edited by adminds; Feb 17, 2015 at 8:06 pm
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by adminds
It seems Bancorp is blocking large debit transactions for its OneVanilla and Vanilla Visa gift cards at stores other than Walmart. Today I tried at Kroger, got an error message: "Not authorized". Tried at RA, got an error message: "Negative response".

Unloaded to OVs at two different grocery stores less than an hour ago with no issues.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

May I know the name of the stores?

Originally Posted by ILGfly
Unloaded to OVs at two different grocery stores less than an hour ago with no issues.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL PM Reserve
It seems Bancorp is blocking large debit transactions for its OneVanilla and Vanilla Visa gift cards at stores other than Walmart. Today I tried at Kroger, got an error message: "Not authorized". Tried at RA, got an error message: "Negative response".

Yes, I had a bad batch of cards (2), that KR didn't like. One has been liquidated via evolve, and the other is held in reserve for next month and a halfs worth of evolve bills.

What was the particular design of your VGCs? Mine were 7/2021 expirations of the dark grey vanilla visa variety.

Bancorp isn't blocking your transactions. You are not the first to post some drastic change to the MS world. Is it just me, or does the first sentence of your post suggest that your VGCs are easily liquidated at WM?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:52 pm

May I know the name of the stores?
"Grocery Kitty"

I missed your mention of RA the first time I read your post. RA hardcoded their registers to only accept cash for MO a week or two ago.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:55 pm

RA hardcoded their registers to only accept cash for MO a week or two ago.
And Hemet is still crying
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ATL787
Yes, I had a bad batch of cards (2), that KR didn't like. One has been liquidated via evolve, and the other is held in reserve for next month and a halfs worth of evolve bills.

What was the particular design of your VGCs? Mine were 7/2021 expirations of the dark grey vanilla visa variety.
Mine are OneVanilla cards with 06/22 expiration (bought from CVS), and Vanilla Visa cards with 06/22 expiration (bought from Walgreens). All were declined.

Originally Posted by ATL787
Bancorp isn't blocking your transactions. You are not the first to post some drastic change to the MS world. Is it just me, or does the first sentence of your post suggest that your VGCs are easily liquidated at WM?
Sorry for confusing you. I meant that Vanilla GC are well known for not working at Walmart, and now it seems to extend to other stores.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

"Grocery Kitty"

I missed your mention of RA the first time I read your post. RA hardcoded their registers to only accept cash for MO a week or two ago.
I was at RA to load my prepaid cards. You can load at register with any debit cards or cash.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA,DL,SPG,Hyatt
I was at RA to load my prepaid cards. You can load at register with any debit cards or cash.
what prepaid cards were you loading?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunspotzsz
what prepaid cards were you loading?
Any prepaid card issued by Bancorp/Green Dot. Check this out: https://www.attheregister.com/
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:12 pm

Any prepaid card issued by Bancorp/Green Dot. Check this out: https://www.attheregister.com/
Hemet is happy again
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:26 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
"Grocery Kitty"

Was this system wide? I have not seen any mention of this anywhere else... it is possible I missed something though.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Was this system wide? I have not seen any mention of this anywhere else... it is possible I missed something though.
Someone created an RA master thread a few weeks ago and it was discussed in there. The consensus in the thread was RA MOs with debit has been dead for 6 months. Places where it still worked were just lucky.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:46 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Someone created an RA master thread a few weeks ago and it was discussed in there. The consensus in the thread was RA MOs with debit has been dead for 6 months. Places where it still worked were just lucky.
Hmmmm okay because I have 2 locations locally that I have been using the last 6 months no problem; However I was not needing them in the last few weeks so I was curious if something had changed. I wonder if it is truly system wide now or if I can still use my local locations. I may go give it a try with a small $25 MO just to test out the waters.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 5:16 pm
jk2

I have a little problem with my Onevanilla GC. 6 days ago I was purchasing a MO from my grocery store using 4 OV cards (split payment). After I paid, a cashier realized that MO machine is not working (it is WU, where POS and printing machine are separate). So, she did a refund. On 3 OV, $500 credit came back in 1 minute, and for last card there is still no refund. Is it a concern? I have a receipt (void transaction), but I don't want to go to store unless it is neccessary.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.