UFB Direct Airline Rewards Checking Info

Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Anything CC gives me
UFB Direct Airline Rewards Checking Info

Surprised there isn't a thread on this already, unless I missed it.

I am looking to open an account and have a few questions.

1) Does the AA number you provide need to match the account holder name on the Checking Account?

2) Can a credit card be used for initial funding? If so, what is the max?

3) Does the $1000 direct deposit need to happen within a certain time frame in order to get the 1000 bonus miles?

TIA
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Is this a new product? This seems like a pretty solid deal. Doesn't seem to have fees, and even 1pt/$2 makes sense with what we know here.

It looks like you can load with a CC, but there could be CA fees associated.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:54 am

No, the product has been around for several years, and there are several threads about it in the AA part of FT.

I didn't try to fund with CC.

They usually take a while to deposit miles (transactions in Jan should post by Mar 31st).

Also, someone mentioned on another thread that square cash deposits negating charges made. I have no idea if this is the case, but if it is, I've been moving some cash around needlessly...

They also take a while to clear check deposits...sometimes MO's take a couple of days, sometimes a week.

For example, I deposited a check that I wrote from another bank into my UFB account on 2/4. On 2/5, my other account was debited. Here we are on 2/9 and the funds still aren't accessible, even though the check cleared.

I've called them about it before because they only took a couple of days when I first started using them. (I believe, not 100% certain) They said that they had a bunch of fraud come through and they clamped down.

There is a $1500 daily limit on spending. It really works best if you get a card for you and your spouse IMO.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by roki
Is this a new product? This seems like a pretty solid deal. Doesn't seem to have fees, and even 1pt/$2 makes sense with what we know here.

I have this account. They allowed CC to open account. I think max is $100, (no C/A with Citi) but it is best to check with the CC you're planning to use.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:57 am

Also, UFB supposedly doesn't count as a CA using a Barclaycard, per this doctor of credit post.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:58 am

A credit card can be used for funding. http://freequentflyerbook.com/blog/2...till-available

I used my Chase Sapphire Preferred, and it counted as a purchase.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I have this account. They allowed CC to open account. I think max is $100, (no C/A with Citi) but it is best to check with the CC you're planning to use.
The minimum initial deposit to open an account is $100. I'm not sure what the maximum is.

Last edited by Phantom707; Feb 9, 2015 at 11:15 am
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:53 pm

Here is the thread started 10 years ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...fer-legit.html

You will find all the info there rather than positing in a new thread.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:10 pm

Funded mine with a CC about 10 months ago. Can't remember which I used but it wasn't a CA. Decent benefits. About the closest thing we'll find for AA to the SunTrust Delta.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by littleconsumer
No, the product has been around for several years, and there are several threads about it in the AA part of FT.

I didn't try to fund with CC.

They usually take a while to deposit miles (transactions in Jan should post by Mar 31st).

Also, someone mentioned on another thread that square cash deposits negating charges made. I have no idea if this is the case, but if it is, I've been moving some cash around needlessly...

They also take a while to clear check deposits...sometimes MO's take a couple of days, sometimes a week.

For example, I deposited a check that I wrote from another bank into my UFB account on 2/4. On 2/5, my other account was debited. Here we are on 2/9 and the funds still aren't accessible, even though the check cleared.

I've called them about it before because they only took a couple of days when I first started using them. (I believe, not 100% certain) They said that they had a bunch of fraud come through and they clamped down.

There is a $1500 daily limit on spending. It really works best if you get a card for you and your spouse IMO.
The $1500 daily debit card spend isn't set in stone. I've had this product for about 1.5 years and just recently the daily limit was upped to $2000. If you have Citibank or Capital one Credit Cards and need to pay a bill over the phone, it's the easiest 1000 A.A. miles (assuming you have $2000 daily max) you can get and all from the comfort of your own living room
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by frogdog51
The $1500 daily debit card spend isn't set in stone. I've had this product for about 1.5 years and just recently the daily limit was upped to $2000. If you have Citibank or Capital one Credit Cards and need to pay a bill over the phone, it's the easiest 1000 A.A. miles (assuming you have $2000 daily max) you can get and all from the comfort of your own living room
great tips! I am just ramping up this card.. I will call and double check that the 2k limit applies to my account.. I have also been shying away from the whole paying citi with debit thing.. but this makes a lot of sense..
Old Feb 9, 2015, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by T3pleShot
great tips! I am just ramping up this card.. I will call and double check that the 2k limit applies to my account.. I have also been shying away from the whole paying citi with debit thing.. but this makes a lot of sense..
How are you ramping up? Are you depositing MOs?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:56 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Awww cr@p... there goes another one.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by roki

This is not new and is sensitive to shutdown. Start super slow.

There are other faster methods and I consider this at the bottom of my list. 2 for 1 sucks.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
They are very sensitive, I don't go anywhere near the monthly limit on spend, being anywhere near the limit week raise suspicion and will get your ain't closed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.