H.E.L.L.O Method - Is this what it is?

Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Ayase
I think I understand the method now.

The thing is it is true you can generate 1% (or 1.5%) per Paypal account with a PPBDC. However when you link with friends, you have to share the profit with your friends.

If you have 10 accounts @ 1%, you earn 9% total, except for the first account. However the profit has to be shared between the 10 accounts.
Assume each person has at most 2 Paypal accounts, this does not do much after all.

I don't see why it is great except you can share the 0.7 MO cost with your friends or 3.95 MyCash cost.

Am I missing anything here?
This is my conjecture since I haven't done this. I guess this is to be used in conjunction with other MS techniques, such as MO. Say you do a $1000 MO. Normally, you'd get 1%, $10. With the chain, you get 9%, $90. This is all for the cost of one MO, so about $0.70. I guess that to some, that may not seem like much from a percentage view, but to others (especially if you're able to use another person's PayPal without having to split the profit with them), then this becomes much more worth it.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707
This is my conjecture since I haven't done this. I guess this is to be used in conjunction with other MS techniques, such as MO. Say you do a $1000 MO. Normally, you'd get 1%, $10. With the chain, you get 9%, $90. This is all for the cost of one MO, so about $0.70. I guess that to some, that may not seem like much from a percentage view, but to others (especially if you're able to use another person's PayPal without having to split the profit with them), then this becomes much more worth it.
Except you don't get percentage back on pin-based transactions e.g. MOs.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:45 pm

Seems to me the way you would do it (and it could be possible with any product that has backup funding sources) is like so:

Let's say you have 5 people linked like so

A -> B -> C -> D -> E, where A starts the chain by swiping card as a signature transaction and E's account actually funds the purchase. You then re-organize the chain:

B -> C -> D -> E -> A and repeat having B start the chain this time and A fund it

It's simple to re-organize the chain as such because only the first and last accounts in the chain (accounts E and A in this first re-organization example) have to change their backup funding source each go round.

So if you do this 5 times, each time spending $1k you each get 1% CB on $5k even though you've all only "spent" $1k. Obviously in a situation like this the more the merrier. But like I've explained earlier there is a lot of risk involved in something like this and I personally do not recommend doing this, especially with any other accounts you do not directly control on any product.

Also several people here claiming you can't actually link a PPDBMC as a backup funding source
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:50 pm

Yes, linking PPDMC as backup can't be done. This was completely made up and a troll post. Move along. Nothing to see here.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by cashback
Yes, linking PPDMC as backup can't be done. This was completely made up and a troll post. Move along. Nothing to see here.
Ha. That sounds totally legit. Thank you for your help!

Anyway, my guess is that we have the general idea, but people are using a funding source other than Paypal. A couple of foolks had mentioned that earlier in the thread (since deleted).
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Seriously, this was all made up. There is no trick here. The mods should delete this thread.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by MarcusBWI
Ha. That sounds totally legit. Thank you for your help!

Anyway, my guess is that we have the general idea, but people are using a funding source other than Paypal. A couple of foolks had mentioned that earlier in the thread (since deleted).
You're absolutely correct. Backup funding can only be done with VGCs from Cracker Barrel and Auto Zone.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by cashback
You're absolutely correct. Backup funding can only be done with VGCs from Cracker Barrel and Auto Zone.
Slight correction - it was Advance Auto Parts.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by WellsDakota
Seriously, this was all made up. There is no trick here. The mods should delete this thread.
Well all my posts saying exactly that have been deleted. Seems like the mods are involved in this LOL
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:43 pm

[W]ells[D]akota[40] = WD40, the original purveyor of the misinformation threads?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:49 pm

Seriously This is your thread, so deal with it.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:09 pm

You can bet folks in the loop are shaking in their boots right now trying to dispell every single rumor now that this has picked up steam. And now all of a sudden the OP claims he made it up...HA!!!! Don't believe that all this stuff is suddenly made up especially when the first few of the OP posts were serious.

Last edited by ericdabbs; Feb 9, 2015 at 10:35 pm
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG, BA, HH
It is kind of complicated. how to link your friends and use them as backup funding?
Originally Posted by Ayase
I think I understand the method now.

The thing is it is true you can generate 1% (or 1.5%) per Paypal account with a PPBDC. However when you link with friends, you have to share the profit with your friends.

If you have 10 accounts @ 1%, you earn 9% total, except for the first account. However the profit has to be shared between the 10 accounts.
Assume each person has at most 2 Paypal accounts, this does not do much after all.

I don't see why it is great except you can share the 0.7 MO cost with your friends or 3.95 MyCash cost.

Am I missing anything here?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:51 pm

Can this thread finally go the way of "Other store card loadable to Serve at Walmart" and "VGC available at Cracker Barrel"? People are still buying into this nonsense and someone might actually compromise their relationship with PP because of it.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by xp0
While this Paypal angle of this H.E.L.L.O method seems to work pretty well, this was not the original method I had mentioned. It seems there can be many different variants and it is great that others are being explored, discovered and used.
It's absolutely hilarious that people are trying to convince others that this thread was started as a joke thread. The utter pure hatred of many of the responses in this thread(which had to be deleted by the mod) and the many pleas to have this thread deleted basically confirms that the H.E.L.L.O. method exists and is very lucrative. The Op may have gotten some of the specifics wrong in his interpretation of the method since xpO states his H.E.L.L.O. method is different. However, I think what's important is what H.E.L.L.O. stands for and there is definitely some product out there which allows one to benefit by laterally linking other accounts (most likely thru a backup funding source since the op seems to have guessed enough of the steps to cause a real stir in the people who actually know of this method).

"Originally Posted by WellsDakota View Post
I saw it stands for Have Eachother Laterally Link Others, which is kind of vague,
but when I was loading my PayPal account I realized that if instaed of linking a checking account or credit card I could link the PayPal debit card I have from my other PayPal account. I asked a friend to try this and we linked my Paypal debit card to his Paypal account as a funding source and it worked. Then did the opposite to create a loop of four accounts piggybacking off of each other, finally pulling from my checking account on the last one. The thing is you have to link someone else's debit card because if you try to link your own Paypal recognizes that and won't accept it.

So after setting it up if I swipe the first Paypal debit card at CVS each Paypal account will earn 1% for the purchase, which is 4%. If I got 5 friends all linked up together we could make 10% for each swipe, and it would only go up from there."

Last edited by brn4; Feb 10, 2015 at 12:48 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.