Oink Prepaid debit

Old Feb 6, 15, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Oink Prepaid debit

Anyone heard of these or used one ? Also there's an offer to get $20 loaded to the card upon order (there's a $10 annual fee).

https://twitter.com/OinkOffers/statu...043776/photo/1

Registration Fee no charge
Value Load Fee $1.00 per load
Annual Fee $10.00 per Card
Replacement Card (Lost/Stolen) $5.00 per Card
Online Statement Fee No Fee
Paper Statement Fee $5.00 per Card Account

Funds Return Fee on Account Closure $10.00

http://www.oink.com/cardholder-agreement

Last edited by coolblues; Feb 6, 15 at 12:44 pm
Old Feb 6, 15, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Load Limits. The minimum amount of the initial Value Load is $10.00 and the maximum amount per Value Load is $50.00. The aggregate Value Load per day $250.00 per day and $5000 per month per Card Account. Notwithstanding these limits, the total funds for each Card Account may not exceed $1000.00 at any time. In order to protect your Card Account, we may temporarily impose limits on the dollar amount, number, and type of Value Loads to your Card Account. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to: (a) change the Value Load limits; (b) limit, block, or place a hold on certain types of Value Loads; and (c) limit, suspend, or block Value Loads from particular persons or entities.

Transaction Limits: The maximum amount that can be spent using your Card Account is $1000.00 per day. The maximum amount that can be spent using your Card Account in a 30-day period is $5000. In order to protect your Card Account, we may temporarily impose limits on the dollar amount, number, and type of transactions performed using your Card Account. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to: (a) change the transaction limits; (b) limit, block, or place a hold on certain types of transfers or transactions: and (c) limit, suspend, or block transfers to particular persons, entities, or Card Accounts.
$1 per load with a $50 load limit? No value there, unless I'm misunderstanding it.
Old Feb 6, 15, 1:09 pm

Sounds like an annoying card to use. It's a Discover card, so it's not as widely accepted as if it were a Visa, for instance.

Each load has a max of $50 (with a load fee of $1, that's a cost of 2%), and you can load a max of $250 per day, $5000 per month, but the card cannot have more than $1000 on it at a time.

It looks like you're able to load online with a credit card, though, so that's convenient. But with the high load fee, it's probably only good for meeting minimum spend.
Old Feb 6, 15, 1:17 pm

...The minimum amount of the initial Value Load is $10.00 and the maximum amount per Value Load is $50.00. The aggregate Value Load per day $250.00 per day and $5000 per month per Card Account.
since value load fee is $1 per load, it'll cost $5 for daily $250 load.
Old Feb 6, 15, 1:26 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, AA Gold
couldn't think of a better name for this card....
Old Feb 6, 15, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by dfwgolfer1 View Post
couldn't think of a better name for this card....
LOL I know right? When I saw the thread title I thought it was a joke thread. Turns out they are oinkers for load fees though....
Old Feb 6, 15, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

On this page it says $0 fee using debit.

http://www.oink.com/oinkcard-offer2

I have read somewhere that no fee using debit till yearend. If that's the case PP debit or miles earning card can be used with this ..?
Old Feb 6, 15, 2:37 pm

If OV works as debit, and they don't mind ATM withdrawals, BP, and/or MO purchases, this would be a good complimentary vehicle for some. The low limits might be the built-in governance that would require less monitoring on their part of the types of things that would normally shut down a similar product for a customer.

Card is issued by Sutton Bank. Anyone know anything about them?
Old Feb 6, 15, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by bigugly View Post
If OV works as debit, and they don't mind ATM withdrawals, BP, and/or MO purchases, this would be a good complimentary vehicle for some. The low limits might be the built-in governance that would require less monitoring on their part of the types of things that would normally shut down a similar product for a customer.
I am not sure OV would work as debit for this, since you have to register the debit card in your online account. The debit card might have to be registered to your name; don't know.

Not sure if it allows ATM withdrawals. The chart on the link that coolblues posted said "N/A" for ATM Fee (In Network).

About the "less monitoring" and shutdowns, well, they do say this:

The Card is nontransferable and it may be canceled, repossessed, or revoked at any time without prior notice subject to applicable law. The Card is not designed for business use, and we may close your Card if we determine that it is being used for business purposes.
Old Feb 6, 15, 6:14 pm

Is this the official police officer debit card?
Old Feb 14, 15, 11:39 pm

Heard that max load per time is $250, not $50
Old Feb 15, 15, 12:40 am

Anyone know if Amex is allowed as funding source? I'm guessing no, since other buxx/prepaid cards only allow MC/Visa.
Old Feb 15, 15, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by dreamroar View Post
That is not how the T&C reads.

I also suspect after a couple of large transactions at WM or grocery, their algorithm will assume you are using it for "business" and lock your account.

Worth a shot, though. They limit you enough that it would be hard to get in over your head with this thing.
Old Feb 15, 15, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by dreamroar View Post
From the T&C:
Load Limits. The minimum amount of the initial Value Load is $10.00 and the maximum amount per Value Load is $50.00. The aggregate Value Load per day $250.00 per day and $5000 per month per Card Account. Notwithstanding these limits, the total funds for each Card Account may not exceed $1000.00 at any time. In order to protect your Card Account, we may temporarily impose limits on the dollar amount, number, and type of Value Loads to your Card Account. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to: (a) change the Value Load limits; (b) limit, block, or place a hold on certain types of Value Loads; and (c) limit, suspend, or block Value Loads from particular persons or entities.
Old Feb 15, 15, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by gnutello View Post
From the T&C:
only initail load is$50, after is $250.

According to frugalhack.me comments:

GFM
February 13, 2015 at 6:10 pm ∑ Reply ¨
Just received my Oink card in the mail and registered it.

It looks like the website allows $250 load (I entered $1000 and it stated that the maximum was $250), but I did not load it because I donít know how you would unload other than using it as like a regular Discover card.

You register the card with a PIN, but it does not indicate it is a debit card anywhere.

Josh
February 13, 2015 at 6:24 pm ∑ Reply ¨
I loaded two $250 loads onto my card yesterday and Iím going to do some tests on it this weekend hopefully. Iím very interested to find its limits.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: