FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Say Hello to $200 Master Gift Cards(Debit) with Pin!!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1651376-say-hello-200-master-gift-cards-debit-pin.html)

sfkhan Feb 1, 2015 6:19 pm

$200 Master Gift Cards(Debit) with Pin!!!

Saw these $200 Master Gift Cards cards at office Max and Buy Buy Baby which means more options are available now to buy them apart from Staples which was sometimes out of stock. Bought one of these and going to see if I can unload it at Kate.

zsmith2 Feb 1, 2015 6:22 pm

Am I missing the big deal here??

Julian Brennan Feb 1, 2015 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by zsmith2 (Post 24274752)

Yes, he now has 33 posts!

j0sh Feb 1, 2015 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by sfkhan (Post 24274737)
Saw these $200 Master Gift Cards cards at office Max and Buy Buy Baby which means more options are available now to buy them apart from Staples which was sometimes out of stock. Bought one of these and going to see if I can unload it at Kate.

Maybe this is new where you are at, but it's old news for most everyone else. BTW, you should have no problems using these at a Kate. I've unloaded many of these myself.

commdiver Feb 1, 2015 6:38 pm

I do not believe you. Please text me your card numbers and pins so that I can verify that you are telling the truth.

rgAAFT Feb 1, 2015 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by zsmith2 (Post 24274752)

+1 is this a spam thread?

sfkhan Feb 1, 2015 6:44 pm

Ha Ha Ha! -_- Guess you guys have a very low criteria of judging someone with low number of posts. There is more to life than getting the number of posts high sitting in front of computer all day.:rolleyes:

Its a big deal for those where Staples is the only store that carries them and most of the time find $200 VGCs out of stock.

rgAAFT Feb 1, 2015 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by sfkhan (Post 24274845)
Ha Ha Ha! -_-

Its a big deal for those where Staples is the only store that carries them and most of the time find $200 VGCs out of stock.

nobody here prefers mastercards over visas to unload at walmart. they are a pain in the butt for most of us, me included who dont have functioning kate anymore

buy the Visa's on staples.com then
Plus, there are bigger and better options available now

also, they were ALWAYS available at office max
perhaps the only positive out of this is the fact that Bestbuuy might have started selling mastercatds , because a while back i read reports that bestbuy branded visa's were sort of glitchy with kate. (but then again, that could have come from a newbie who didnt know what he was doing, so who knows

sfkhan Feb 1, 2015 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by rgAAFT (Post 24274873)
yep

this is spam thread
nobody in there right mind prefers mastercards over visas to unload at walmart:rolleyes: they are a pain in the butt for most of us, me included who dont have functioning kate anymore

Rather than being condescending and turning this into one of the posts on reddit which get down-voted to the bottom of the hell, would you care to elaborate why are they pain in the ...?

I understand they didnt come with PIN earlier(unless Im mistaken) so liquidating them was a hassle but anyone with a working Kate(in my case < 1 mile) it shouldnt be a problem. These are only good with a card that gives 5X on office supply stores.

rgAAFT Feb 1, 2015 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by sfkhan (Post 24274905)
Rather than being condescending and turning this into one of the posts on reddit which get down-voted to the bottom of the hell, would you care to elaborate why are they pain in the ...?

I understand they didnt come with PIN earlier(unless Im mistaken) so liquidating them was a hassle but anyone with a working Kate(in my case < 1 mile) it shouldnt be a problem. These are only good with a card that gives 5X on office supply stores.

you are just lucky to have a functioning kate at your local store (which now Im actually interested, where is it?) Otherwise, most of us have to unload them with CSR's and we have to employ the "change payment" trick to unload Mastercards, which is a pain in the rear

kcblakely Feb 1, 2015 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by rgAAFT (Post 24274873)
nobody here prefers mastercards over visas to unload at walmart. they are a pain in the butt for most of us, me included who dont have functioning kate anymore

buy the Visa's on staples.com then
Plus, there are bigger and better options available now

I'm interested in that comment. Care to elaborate? PM if required....

FlyinHawaiianFree Feb 1, 2015 9:36 pm

$6.95 premium on $206.95 mr is steep. I saw these at buybuybaby as well. They had visa varieties too.

sfkhan Feb 1, 2015 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiianFree (Post 24275555)
$6.95 premium on $206.95 mr is steep. I saw these at buybuybaby as well. They had visa varieties too.

Unless Im mistaken and MGCs were not PIN enabled, the intent of sharing this was "PIN feature" enabled Master Card which should work anywhere where VGCs are accepted as a form of payment. It doesnt make sense to buy them at any other store that doesnt give 5X back.

Originally Posted by kcblakely (Post 24275501)
I'm interested in that comment. Care to elaborate? PM if required....

I have already asked him, was just referring to MS methods already mentioned on this sub-forum.

Happy Feb 1, 2015 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by sfkhan (Post 24275586)
Unless Im mistaken and MGCs were not PIN enabled, the intent of sharing this was "PIN feature" enabled Master Card which should work anywhere where VGCs are accepted as a form of payment. It doesnt make sense to buy them at any other store that doesnt give 5X back.
ed him, was just referring to MS methods already mentioned on this sub-forum.

You are very mistaken. Please read others posts about having to change the card from credit mode to debit mode, that alone would implicitly tell you it is PIN enabled.

Besides, since when you can use something at Kate WITHOUT entering a PIN?

Of course it is PIN enabled. Always has been. Just that at Wally regusters it defaults to credit card instead of debit card. It does not do that at any other place.

You started a thread to share this "news"?

sfkhan Feb 1, 2015 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 24275622)
You are very mistaken. Please read others posts about having to change the card from credit mode to debit mode, that alone would implicitly tell you it is PIN enabled.

Besides, since when you can use something at Kate WITHOUT entering a PIN?

Of course it is PIN enabled. Always has been. Just that at Wally regusters it defaults to credit card instead of debit card. It does not do that at any other place.

You started a thread to share this "news"?

Oops:o I never bothered to get them before and guess I was just too excited :p
Thanks for clarifying...