Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the 2015 Master thread for the "All Things Paypal" thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
UPDATE: Reports are that it now resets at 3:00 AM EST (12:00 AM PST)
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:1.Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
2.Go to settings (it is the gear)
3.Choose selling tools on the left
4.Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
5.On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
6.Be sure that NO is chosen
7.Save and you are done

Activity Leading to Shutdown
- $1-2k PPMC Loads, Serve Withdrawls and some small Debit card transactions
- $4k/month PPMC loads to accounts A/B/C, let fund sit for a few days, transfer all to account D, let funds sit for a few says, ACH full $12k. Account D also used for normal (but infrequent) PP activity. Continued for about 6 months until received warning emails on all 4 accounts.

Buying/Reloading My Cash Cards
https://www.paypal-cash.com/where_to_buy.html

Stores Hard Coded Against Credit Reloads (Reusing Cards):
Family Dollar
Dollar General
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2015 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by gloobnib
MO from sources other than WM? IE 'local' grocery store?
yep i got emails today from both of my accounts were locked down .

I only do mo at krogers and online debit load to serve...
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by rooney
My account was immediately put back to normal during the phone call. That was the good news. The bad news is that continuing to load it with money loads could lead to another limitation. But presumably I can just call again and have them lift it. It's all very strange.
hmm i suppose is their system mechanism that auto catch the suspicious activities.

My account too got limited, did you have to make the call after you submitted all the info or they will call you?

and if happens again after first time verfication, do you gotta go thru submitting all that docs again?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:29 pm

I called to make sure their e-mail was actually from them and not a scam since it seems to be a popular scam.

Then I started uploading documents while on the call and the rep looked at them in real-time. It's good to have copies of things that are often requested so you can quickly resolve issues.

I'm wondering why my account triggered suspicion all of a sudden? Maybe a certain threshold of monthly load was crossed? But I always hear about people loading the full $4k or even more and I maybe added $2500. So hopefully I just had to verify my PayPal account a bit more to avoid hassle.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:43 pm

I've been loading to A, sending to B, and withdrawing* for about 18 months. Today I got an email saying B is temporarily suspended, pending further information. Part of the further information is explaining the two most recent A-->B transfers. Any advice on how to respond? I don't want to make up lies, but I'm also not sure the entire truth is a good idea.

Also, I have 3 PPMCs waiting to be loaded. My thought was I could load to A and withdraw. The account would be burned, but it seems I'm out for PP for now anyway.

*Yes, you may say that's not a good strategy, but it doesn't seem as though those using the debit card are faring any better.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:14 pm

Guys following is my experience. So I was trying to load my serve card walmart today and the machine showed approved on the screen and got rejected from paypal end. Tried 1000 and 500 transaction.

I have not received any e-mails.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by itchyfeet123
I've been loading to A, sending to B, and withdrawing* for about 18 months. Today I got an email saying B is temporarily suspended, pending further information. Part of the further information is explaining the two most recent A-->B transfers. Any advice on how to respond? I don't want to make up lies, but I'm also not sure the entire truth is a good idea.

Also, I have 3 PPMCs waiting to be loaded. My thought was I could load to A and withdraw. The account would be burned, but it seems I'm out for PP for now anyway.

*Yes, you may say that's not a good strategy, but it doesn't seem as though those using the debit card are faring any better.
At this point you are being held hostage no matter what you do because if you don't do anything then you have 3 PPMCs that have gone unused. At some point you will have to get your money back.

If I were in your situation, I would probably be proactive and talk with PP to see what is going to happen. If they give you a stern warning loading any more PPMCs and withdrawal and will lead to immediate shutdown, I would just request a refund on the 3 PPMCs to not have further money locked up because why add more money that could potentially be locked up for 180 days. I don't think not doing anything is the best strategy because you want to know what your account B status is going to be going forward in terms of what you can and cannot do.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hamokmonky
Not saying I wont get it, but just saying its not true that EVERYONE who does x y z has gotten it already. Ive had my paypal account for about 15+ years, who knows if age makes a difference though.
My PP account is about as old and I received a warning email in early January about cash withdrawals. I assume they mean the WM MO purchases.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:09 pm

I had a debit card get the deactivation e-mail until i submit the documents needed. Assuming I do that and I should be cleared, or is it more involved than just providing ID, SSN, bank statement, business info and confirming transactions?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:53 pm

Update:

Called about account B, and was honest about the fact that I was purchasing PPMC to take advantage of spending rewards. Was told off on the grounds that buying PPMC with credit cards is in effect getting a CC cash advance, which is against PP's T&C. But the account was restored and I drained it. CSR sent me instructions on how to get a refund on my remaining PPMC.

Before calling, but after learning of account B's limited status, I checked on account A. No email about limitation, so I loaded one PPMC. About 10 minutes later, after getting off the phone with CSR, I got the account limited email for account A. I suspect the CSR saw the two accounts were associated and flagged that one. So I called up again, and this time said I used PPMC to get points for spending on debit cards, and this time was simply told that transferring money in the way I had been was a red flag. CSR actually suggested I get the PP debit card to spend the money I loaded with MyCash. Limitation was taken off the account and I withdrew directly to my bank.

Applied for refund of remaining two PPMC, which is supposed to arrive within 14 days. I'll be staying away from PP for a while. But at least I didn't get my money held up for 180 days as others have.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:13 pm

Update:

Called about account B, and was honest about the fact that I was purchasing PPMC to take advantage of spending rewards. Was told off on the grounds that buying PPMC with credit cards is in effect getting a CC cash advance, which is against PP's T&C. But the account was restored and I drained it. CSR sent me instructions on how to get a refund on my remaining PPMC.

Before calling, but after learning of account B's limited status, I checked on account A. No email about limitation, so I loaded one PPMC. About 10 minutes later, after getting off the phone with CSR, I got the account limited email for account A. I suspect the CSR saw the two accounts were associated and flagged that one. So I called up again, and this time said I used PPMC to get points for spending on debit cards, and this time was simply told that transferring money in the way I had been was a red flag. CSR actually suggested I get the PP debit card to spend the money I loaded with MyCash. Limitation was taken off the account and I withdrew directly to my bank.

Applied for refund of remaining two PPMC, which is supposed to arrive within 14 days. I'll be staying away from PP for a while. But at least I didn't get my money held up for 180 days as others have.
So the PP prepaid debit card is ok with you to able to load and unload funds with My Cash? I wonder if you can get the PP prepaid DC and see if it has any affects on the PPBDC card but I guess the question is does the PP prepaid DC still hook to a PP account and if your PP account is in "limited" status does this make it a nonstarter.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
So the PP prepaid debit card is ok with you to able to load and unload funds with My Cash? I wonder if you can get the PP prepaid DC and see if it has any affects on the PPBDC card but I guess the question is does the PP prepaid DC still hook to a PP account and if your PP account is in "limited" status does this make it a nonstarter.
I think they meant that load and then spend with PP debit. Not unload. This is consistent with their warnings.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by rdover1
I think they meant that load and then spend with PP debit. Not unload. This is consistent with their warnings.
Yeah thats true. I figured that it was really meaning that vs. using the PPDMC for unloading PPMCs.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:48 pm

Was told off on the grounds that buying PPMC with credit cards is in effect getting a CC cash advance, which is against PP's T&C
Did they really say that? Because I don't see anything in the T&C regarding what you're allowed to purchase their products with. In fact, that is entirely up to the merchant.

https://www.paypal-cash.com/static/i..._agreement.pdf
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Is it okay to buy PayPal Cash cards from Rite Aid or is the system hardcoded not to accept credit cards for Paypal and gift cards?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Ritley572
Did they really say that? Because I don't see anything in the T&C regarding what you're allowed to purchase their products with. In fact, that is entirely up to the merchant.

https://www.paypal-cash.com/static/i..._agreement.pdf
Yes, they did really say that. It's against the PP (not MyCash) Ts&Cs to use your account to give yourself a CC cash advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.