Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:38 pm

Is citi credit cards the only company that accepts NWBuxx as phone debit card payment? I've done this with my citi Premier and cit AA Plat. Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by sungchiahao
Is citi credit cards the only company that accepts NWBuxx as phone debit card payment? I've done this with my citi Premier and cit AA Plat. Thanks
Capital One also accepts NW Buxx phone payments.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:08 pm

What about BofA?

Does NW have the same time restrictions with the number of times you can change the CC on file, like USB does?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:23 pm

Citi Premier posted As Purchase (loading NW Buxx)

Originally Posted by CockyDoc16
Has anyone recently tried to load NW Buxx with a Citi TY Premier? Did it post as a purchase? It seems like it should based on the Prestige data point in the wiki above but just wanted to know if anyone could confirm that the Premier also codes as purchase. Thanks in advance!

I tried loading NW BUXX with Citi TY Premier MasterCard last week; it posted as a purchase. Beforehand I set my CA to zero just to be safe. I've done 2 card purchases and 1 reload without any issues on the Citi TY premier.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by amberailene
I tried loading NW BUXX with Citi TY Premier MasterCard last week; it posted as a purchase. Beforehand I set my CA to zero just to be safe. I've done 2 card purchases and 1 reload without any issues on the Citi TY premier.
Thank you!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 4:41 pm

Citi double cash card

with USbank Buxx going away in less two months, anybody has used citi double cash to load NW Buxx, and got 2% CB? Thanks
Old Sep 9, 2015, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by liw5215
with USbank Buxx going away in less two months, anybody has used citi double cash to load NW Buxx, and got 2% CB? Thanks
Yes
Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by redarmy
Yes
Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:59 pm

Any one has issues adding new credit card to NW buxx.

I tried to add my Alaska visa and it wont allow me to add

"Account information could not be processed. Please verify the information you entered and try again."

I have successfully changed cards before, likes of citi prestige,chase freedom,chase united. But i get the issue only with my alaska.

Any clue?
Old Sep 10, 2015, 3:13 pm

Any alternate MS option

Sad to see US Buxx is closing.
Any alternate MS option other then NW Buxx?
Old Sep 10, 2015, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by anagoree
Sad to see US Buxx is closing.
Any alternate MS option other then NW Buxx?
NO. Not many places do the Buxx card.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 7:34 pm

I have opened NWBuxx account added my SO and daughter. I heard you can add upto 4 family members by altering the name, social etc. The name and social has to match so how can you get 4 buxx cards?

I know my SO can open an account, add myself and my daughter as family members but I'm trying to keep upto 4 cards under one account for ease of managing the account, otherwise you have to log in two accounts to load funds etc. I just need to add one or maximum of 2 cards, to get total of 4 under my account. How can you do this?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Nvermind.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:15 am

I don't think anyone has info on this. My attempted transaction with a Fidelity Visa was declined. The cash advance limit is $300, and I was, of course, trying to load $500. I don't know if it would have posted as a purchase, though,but I simply cannot try.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:51 am

Is Club Carlson card still not a good option to load?
I've read that Business Club Carlson can't even be used to load, and even if it loads, the points don't post.
If the Club Carlson card works, this would be great since I can practically get 50000 more points and 1 free US weekend certificate if I load $10,000, which would make the card not a bad option to keep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.