Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by robbierob03
Since I brought it up, figured I'd close the loop on this one. I called US Bank and went through a fairly short conversation that resulted in my card returning to "ACTIVE" status. Yesterday I went to a different WM and had no problems using my card. Guess I just got caught up in some temporary glitch last week, happy days again!
It's just fraud protection.
Old May 18, 2015, 7:47 am

Any more people get a muclosed card since the middle of March?
Old May 18, 2015, 6:41 pm

I'm having trouble adding my CSP to my NationWide account. Does anyone know of a reason? I'm able to add other Chase Visa cards, and I called customer service, and they said that there's no reason on their end for it to not work.

Edit: My bad. I didn't realize my CSP had a different billing address from the rest of my cards.
Old May 18, 2015, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707
I'm having trouble adding my CSP to my NationWide account. Does anyone know of a reason? I'm able to add other Chase Visa cards, and I called customer service, and they said that there's no reason on their end for it to not work.
That doesn't make any sense? What errors do you get when you try to add your CSP card?
Old May 18, 2015, 8:00 pm
cxr

when signing up for multiple cards do each cards get their own respective UN/PW or is there a way to link all accounts to one un/pw?
Old May 18, 2015, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by cxr
when signing up for multiple cards do each cards get their own respective UN/PW or is there a way to link all accounts to one un/pw?
They are all under the same login. You add new cards within logging into your account.
Old May 18, 2015, 10:54 pm

Is there any word on how many teen cards is too many for NW?

I have 4 currently, and with 2 loads per CC per 7 days I can spend $4,000 in a month (give or take a few days).

Since I can have 2 CC's on file could I reasonably have 8 teen cards loading 4 with 1 cc and 4 with the other?
Old May 19, 2015, 10:08 am
cxr

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
They are all under the same login. You add new cards within logging into your account.
yeah but when i add teen there are boxes for username and password
do i just put the account i am logged into or do i have to give each teen their own specific un/pw?
can i leave blank i think it will give me an error.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:38 am

I tried searching through, but the words I'm using are too generic. I'm just wondering if it's possible to remove a teen from the parent's account. I may just be missing an online form, or it may be phone call only.
Old May 19, 2015, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by cxr
yeah but when i add teen there are boxes for username and password
do i just put the account i am logged into or do i have to give each teen their own specific un/pw?
can i leave blank i think it will give me an error.
Who cares. You don't ever use the teen username and pw anyways. Just login with the parent username and this isn't ever an issue. Yes put in a unique username for each teen user. I don't think it will allow you to enter the same username as the parent.

The idea of the teen having its own username is that the teen can monitor its own account by logging in without needing to go through the parent. Go ahead and try logging in as the teen username/pw and you will see that they can only see that individual account. However if you login as the parent account you will always see all the Buxx accounts. You are a big deal out of nothing IMHO.

Last edited by ericdabbs; May 19, 2015 at 1:03 pm
Old May 19, 2015, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by BilllyK
Is there any word on how many teen cards is too many for NW?

I have 4 currently, and with 2 loads per CC per 7 days I can spend $4,000 in a month (give or take a few days).

Since I can have 2 CC's on file could I reasonably have 8 teen cards loading 4 with 1 cc and 4 with the other?
Sure but do you really want to draw attention to yourself by having 8 Buxx cards?
Old May 19, 2015, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by xraywinedrinker
serve, BB and RB
I realize there is upheaval in the redcard world.
But followiing up on this, does this mean that you can load a redcard with a NW visa buxx card, at least up to $800/week?
Old May 19, 2015, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by trey
Originally Posted by xraywinedrinker
serve, BB and RB
I realize there is upheaval in the redcard world.
But followiing up on this, does this mean that you can load a redcard with a NW visa buxx card, at least up to $800/week?
Yes u can spend a max of $800/week.
Old May 19, 2015, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Yes u can spend a max of $800/week.
Have you tried this yourself?
Old May 19, 2015, 2:59 pm
cxr

for people using NW buxx i need some more info.

i jsut did a RC load using NW bux for 800.

is the limit 1,000 for the month?
or can i do an immediate load 800.00 to the NW wait a week and load RC again?
and if not can i wait a week a load RC the remaining 200 balance on nw?

edit- was able to do a immediate 500.00 and 298.00 load. when i tried to do 300 load got a maximum loads reached error.
edit- the 298.00 has not hit the card yet , the 500.00 posted immediately.

do i ahave to wait 7 days to go back to RC now?

Last edited by cxr; May 19, 2015 at 4:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.