Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by cxr
didnt get an answer does buxx (nw) offer online bill pay?
also which cards code as CA.. The wiki says AA codes as purchase but i swear i read somewhere it codes as CA
No, unfortunately not that easy.
Old May 11, 2015, 12:24 pm
cxr

Originally Posted by mastermind85
No, unfortunately not that easy.
Thanks, next question since this is a debit card and will have a name printed onit i can load to RC but is the limit 800.00 per nw rules?
Old May 11, 2015, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by cxr
Thanks, next question since this is a debit card and will have a name printed onit i can load to RC but is the limit 800.00 per nw rules?
I havent tried to RB, but I would imagine so.
Old May 11, 2015, 1:36 pm

Just reading on the Buxx for MS to meet min spend. It looks like the only viable option left is the NW Buxx. The USB is not taking new apps and the TD one is only good for TD cc.
How does the Buxx method compared to the GC buying -> Redbird method?
Old May 11, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by sungchiahao
How does the Buxx method compared to the GC buying -> Redbird method?
Why don't you do the math? We don't know what CC you're gonna be loading with... And even if we did, how do we know what other options you have around the homebase (a.k.a. the way between home and work). You know MS is a very local thing...

Edit: I did the math for MY situation and concluded that MY difference would amount to a massive 60 cents or so per month.

Last edited by Julian Brennan; May 11, 2015 at 2:14 pm
Old May 11, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
I have read about half of this thread and numerous blogs online. I keep reading that the teen account that I will set up doesn't go through ID verification on NW's side. I am still confused as to how I set up the teen account. Can i just plug all my info into the teen account fields? Do I just change the birthdate to something younger than me?

It would be nice to have a card with my name on it since I am in Chicago and EVERYONE wants an ID in the city.
Old May 11, 2015, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by pwd847
I have read about half of this thread and numerous blogs online. I keep reading that the teen account that I will set up doesn't go through ID verification on NW's side. I am still confused as to how I set up the teen account. Can i just plug all my info into the teen account fields? Do I just change the birthdate to something younger than me?

It would be nice to have a card with my name on it since I am in Chicago and EVERYONE wants an ID in the city.
You don't need to make stuffs up...
Old May 11, 2015, 4:19 pm
cxr

Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000

i thought the load was every 7 days witha maximum of 1,000 balance
Old May 11, 2015, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by cxr
Just did it. Loaded my buxx this morning and to RC at target this afternoon.
Old May 11, 2015, 4:54 pm
cxr

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Just did it. Loaded my buxx this morning and to RC at target this afternoon.
Nice to hear... 800.00 or 1,000.00?
Old May 11, 2015, 5:13 pm

may I ask what's the benefit of loading buxx to RC? for USbuxx at least, it is free to w/d them at USB atms or other moneypass atms but aside from avoiding atm fees (for those w/o fee free atms), are there other reasons why buxx loads are transferred to RBs?
Old May 11, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
anybody load RB with USB in store?

Originally Posted by Mamibear
may I ask what's the benefit of loading buxx to RC? for USbuxx at least, it is free to w/d them at USB atms or other moneypass atms but aside from avoiding atm fees (for those w/o fee free atms), are there other reasons why buxx loads are transferred to RBs?
Target is more convenient for me to visit than going to a USB ATM....and I don't think moneypass ATMs are free. Please let me know if i'm wrong.
Old May 11, 2015, 5:19 pm
cxr

Originally Posted by Mamibear
i would do it for billpay
Old May 11, 2015, 5:20 pm
cxr

Originally Posted by indelible

Target is more convenient for me to visit than going to a USB ATM....and I don't think moneypass ATMs are free. Please let me know if i'm wrong.
youngbubbie above me just said she did it.
Old May 11, 2015, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by indelible

I am 100% sure w/d at MoneyPass ATMs are free for USbuxx. I w/d at the USBank atms and see the MoneyPass logo on them.

as to B/P, I prefer to do it on Serve because they're paid in 2 business days after initiating payments. I've tried and tested it for several months now without problems so I'll stick with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.