Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Travel4Points
Nope. I withdrew money at an Allpoint ATM today, was charged $1, called in, and got the fee reversed with no problem.

Business as usual for NW Buxx! 😀
This is not true. I called again and was denied. Spoke with a manager, who cited a new policy in a memo released May 6th changing the fee schedule. She also claimed that the cardholder agreement i was viewing was outdated.
Old May 8, 2015, 8:23 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by letopeto
This is not true. I called again and was denied. Spoke with a manager, who cited a new policy in a memo released May 6th changing the fee schedule. She also claimed that the cardholder agreement i was viewing was outdated.
If you give me instructions on how to to it, I will post a screen shot of my ATM fee reversal from today.
Old May 8, 2015, 9:13 pm

Found my answer a few pages earlier than where I went back to.

Last edited by givingitatry; May 8, 2015 at 9:49 pm
Old May 9, 2015, 6:09 am

Aren't they supposed to notify us when they change the T&C? My withdraw was before May 6th and they won't reverse it.
Old May 9, 2015, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by sunchip
Aren't they supposed to notify us when they change the T&C? My withdraw was before May 6th and they won't reverse it.
Mine was yesterday, May 8, and they did reverse it. If someone would like to explain how to post an image, I would be happy to post a screen shot as proof.

I will also make another withdrawal next Friday and reply with my results.
Old May 9, 2015, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by letopeto
I suspect a conspiracy to spread misinformation. My proof of NW Buxx ATM fee reversal from May 8 is below:

Last edited by Travel4Points; May 9, 2015 at 10:13 am
Old May 9, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: UA/AA
I was able to get the ATM fees for allpoint network withdrawals refunded today for the past month's transactions. We shall see how it goes next month. I have to call in and request the refund of the "no-fee" atm fees each month. Never had a problem , but it is a PIA.
Old May 9, 2015, 11:51 am

Does Buxx limit one unique CC number for all accounts? In other words, can both the original cc user and the authorized user use the same cc to load (on diff Buxx accounts)? I seem to remember reading about this, and I've searched both threads and can't find the answer. Thanks in advance.
Old May 9, 2015, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by brito11
Does Buxx limit one unique CC number for all accounts? In other words, can both the original cc user and the authorized user use the same cc to load (on diff Buxx accounts)? I seem to remember reading about this, and I've searched both threads and can't find the answer. Thanks in advance.
It worked for me to load Serve as long as the AU card number is different from the primary but with buxx, I'm not sure. You can try it and see if it works.
Old May 9, 2015, 1:38 pm

NW

I just got 13 fees refunded without any issue. They went back through the end of last year. Terms & Conditions on the site still say no fees at Allpoint.
Old May 9, 2015, 4:44 pm

questions

Couple of newbie question, after having read wiki and many pages of posts.

1. In Georgia, so signed up for NW card. As I understand it I can add 2 "teens" even if they arent technically teens, and thus can double the amount i can add to the card to 1k per day and 2k per month? Including using any cc except maybe citi?

2. Once loaded, it is unclear to me whether I can then unload by using the cards to pay off my cc account online. I see most people seem to unload by atm cash, but others seem to say you can pay of cc online, so clarification of this would be appreciated.

Thanks for your patience.
Old May 9, 2015, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA UA
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Hi Everyone, I am new to this as I just been using BlueBird but now need to look for ways to spend and make the first-time bonus spending for a Citi card and a AE card.

I read the wiki and some of the posts, it seems both the USB Buxx and NW Buxx cards are good for loading with Citi CC without any fees? Previously I loaded Bluebird with Citi CC but was charged cash advance fees.

So both the USB Buxx and NW Buxx will allow loading with Citi or AE CC ($2000 and $1000 limit respectively) and I can use the loaded funds to pay back the CC? Or I should have the funds pay the bill of a different card (e.g. Load USB Buxx with Citi CC to pay bill for AE but not the same Citi CC)?

Thanks very much for all the help. Have a wonderful day
I thought the first lines under USB Buxx in Wiki stated no new card issued. If there's any ways to get new USB Buxx, I'd like to get one. There's an USB right next door so it'd be super convenient for me :-)

"USB Buxx
(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)"
Old May 9, 2015, 7:27 pm

Question, I just added a teen to USbuxx after having only one for 8 months. For those with multiple teens, do the CC companies not get upset seeing multiple charges to USBuxx? I have Barclay and Citi currently, but will probably replace the Citi with my chase when I close out the Citi AA card. I would do two charges to each card every two weeks. now it will be one charge each card, each week.
Old May 9, 2015, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by givingitatry
Question, I just added a teen to USbuxx after having only one for 8 months. For those with multiple teens, do the CC companies not get upset seeing multiple charges to USBuxx? I have Barclay and Citi currently, but will probably replace the Citi with my chase when I close out the Citi AA card. I would do two charges to each card every two weeks. now it will be one charge each card, each week.
I have 5 US Bank Buxx. No issues with multiple cc loads each month. An occasional fraud alert in the beginning but never again. I have used Chase, Citi & Barclays.
Old May 9, 2015, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by chaser123
I have 5 US Bank Buxx. No issues with multiple cc loads each month. An occasional fraud alert in the beginning but never again. I have used Chase, Citi & Barclays.

Wow 5 teens, I hope they are getting scholarships

Thanks for the reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.