Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2015, 4:21 pm

Hey guys,

So normally I was able to get visa buxx to refund the ATM $1 fee even when I used a allpoint atm (free per cardholder agreement), but starting today, they have refused to refund any ATM fees. Anyone else experience this?
Old May 7, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Newbie learning to use USB and NW Buxx cards

Hi Everyone, I am new to this as I just been using BlueBird but now need to look for ways to spend and make the first-time bonus spending for a Citi card and a AE card.

I read the wiki and some of the posts, it seems both the USB Buxx and NW Buxx cards are good for loading with Citi CC without any fees? Previously I loaded Bluebird with Citi CC but was charged cash advance fees.

So both the USB Buxx and NW Buxx will allow loading with Citi or AE CC ($2000 and $1000 limit respectively) and I can use the loaded funds to pay back the CC? Or I should have the funds pay the bill of a different card (e.g. Load USB Buxx with Citi CC to pay bill for AE but not the same Citi CC)?

Thanks very much for all the help. Have a wonderful day
Old May 7, 2015, 6:22 pm

Optimal number of cards

Originally Posted by xraywinedrinker
Teen
This seems to imply that as many as 4 teen cards might be useful, with each one loaded for $1000 per month.

If one is using the cards get money from ATM's one could feed the cards through a machine one after another (possibly then adding the cash on to a Serve).

If used to pay a credit card bill, I am not certain whether one could use all of the cards in one phone call if the names on the cards were different, even though all belonged to one family. In my limited experience with using them to pay a CITI bill I was asked whether I had the authority to use these cards and could say yes, since my name was on the card, and the bill was in my name. If it was say a teen of mine, or spouse would there be a issue? The bill being paid might have a different name than the name on the debit card.
Old May 7, 2015, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by letopeto
Hey guys,

So normally I was able to get visa buxx to refund the ATM $1 fee even when I used a allpoint atm (free per cardholder agreement), but starting today, they have refused to refund any ATM fees. Anyone else experience this?
Two different reps have told me this too. $9 for 1k spend but 5 trips to an ATM. Kind of a PITA now. Funny how $5 changes how I look at this card.
Old May 7, 2015, 6:40 pm

Class Action lawsuit?

Originally Posted by sunchip
Two different reps have told me this too. $9 for 1k spend but 5 trips to an ATM. Kind of a PITA now. Funny how $5 changes how I look at this card.
If this is really a new policy this could probably be a profitable case for a class action lawsuit.

It seems for a long time most Allpoint ATM's have been improperly leading to $1.00 charges. An occasional misclassification may be understandable, but one would have expected the misclassification to have been corrected once they were made aware of the error. I know from experience that the errors in their data base are not corrected even after they are made aware of them. The rate of this error implies a very systematic problem, possibly with a conscious decision to cheat their customers (presuming many would not both to call to correct an error, even if they noticed it).

On problem would be finding a good plaintiff, since some people who have been using these for manufactured spending may have violated one or more terms of the contracts themselves, or contracts with their credit card issuers.

A better plaintiff might be a parent with child at college who had been using these cards as a way to give him or her access to cash and a credit card, while yet limiting how much they could spend. Ideally, this would be low income parent supporting one or more struggling students for who the $1.00 extra fees could be argued to make a real difference.

Possibly even a lawyer here might recognize the opportunity, and others may know of a good plaintiff or plaintiffs.
Old May 7, 2015, 6:54 pm

On problem would be finding a good plaintiff, since some people who have been using these for manufactured spending may have violated one or more terms of the contracts themselves, or contracts with their credit card issuers.
to quote Judge Judy,

Those who go to court must come with clean hands.

Old May 7, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
Judge Judy, as usual, is full of it. You don't need clean hands, but not having violated the contract would be nice.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:03 pm

Does the $1 charge from NW immediate? I know USB charges the ATM fees overnight so it's not reflected right away.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by psykopath515
Does the $1 charge from NW immediate? I know USB charges the ATM fees overnight so it's not reflected right away.
Yes its immediate.
Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 pm

Hey guys,

I just called Nationwide and got the same answer. No refund!
Old May 8, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Hi Everyone, I am new to this as I just been using BlueBird but now need to look for ways to spend and make the first-time bonus spending for a Citi card and a AE card.

I read the wiki and some of the posts, it seems both the USB Buxx and NW Buxx cards are good for loading with Citi CC without any fees? Previously I loaded Bluebird with Citi CC but was charged cash advance fees.

So both the USB Buxx and NW Buxx will allow loading with Citi or AE CC ($2000 and $1000 limit respectively) and I can use the loaded funds to pay back the CC? Or I should have the funds pay the bill of a different card (e.g. Load USB Buxx with Citi CC to pay bill for AE but not the same Citi CC)?

Thanks very much for all the help. Have a wonderful day
Hi Everyone, just curious if anyone may provide some help with my questions. Any tips or hints is appreciated, thanks very much and have a wonderful weekend!
Old May 8, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Hi Everyone, just curious if anyone may provide some help with my questions. Any tips or hints is appreciated, thanks very much and have a wonderful weekend!
US Buxx is definitely good with Citi (Double Cash Back anyone ;-)
NW Buxx is good, too, but there's a rumor going on that it pays only 1x1% on the DC. Still waiting for my statement to cut to see what happens to the 2nd 1%. The cash advance limit on my DC is $0 but US Buxx and NW Buxx load fine. Can't say anything about other Citi cards though.
Old May 8, 2015, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Julian Brennan
US Buxx is definitely good with Citi (Double Cash Back anyone ;-)
NW Buxx is good, too, but there's a rumor going on that it pays only 1x1% on the DC. Still waiting for my statement to cut to see what happens to the 2nd 1%. The cash advance limit on my DC is $0 but US Buxx and NW Buxx load fine. Can't say anything about other Citi cards though.
Do you use your USbuxx to pay citi back? I just tried again and get address verifictaion error.
Old May 8, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by chaser123
Do you use your USbuxx to pay citi back? I just tried again and get address verifictaion error.
Nope, ATM withdrawals only. I'm lucky to have several USB ATM in close vicinity ;-)
Old May 8, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
Hey guys,

Nope. I withdrew money at an Allpoint ATM today, was charged $1, called in, and got the fee reversed with no problem.

Business as usual for NW Buxx! 😀

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.