Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Does anyone here have both USB Buxx and NW Buxx cards? Also when signing up for a NW Buxx card can you initially sign yourself up for parent and teen card? or does it have to be different just like USB Buxx?
I would like to confirm that the same person can have both as parent accounts as well...
Old Mar 22, 2015, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by mastermind85
I would like to confirm that the same person can have both as parent accounts as well...
So for NW Buxx you can from initial sign up and open up a Teen Buxx card with my info as parent and teen?

I know when I signed up for USB Buxx the initial sign up, I had to use my info for parent and another person's info for Teen. But then after the initial sign up, I could sign up a teen card with my info.

Last edited by ericdabbs; Mar 22, 2015 at 8:45 pm
Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:01 pm

So for NW Buxx you can from initial sign up and open up a Teen Buxx card with my info as parent and teen?

I know when I signed up for USB Buxx the initial sign up, I had to use my info for parent and another person's info for Teen. But then after the initial sign up, I could sign up a teen card with my info.
May have misread my post, I basically just want to know the same as you. I have a USBuxx account and want to open a NW Buxx account under the same person.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:46 pm

May have misread my post, I basically just want to know the same as you. I have a USBuxx account and want to open a NW Buxx account under the same person.
Oh my bad...
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:57 pm

Anyone used or currently using us airway to load NW buxx? Any bad news like cash advance or no points gained?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by FSG378
One of my us Buxx has the same status MUCLOSED. I called US bank Buxx this Monday and the rep told me my card was closed at March 8 and she cannot find out the reason. She told me that I will receive a explanation letter from US bank soon. I am still waiting for the letter.
Did you get a letter yet?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:22 am

How long does it take for the NW Buxx cards to get shipped to your house after ordering them?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:03 pm
jk2

So, you can get 2 cards - one for "parent" and one for "teen" then? That's good - I was able to sign up for only 1 usbuxx where I am a 'teen' and wife is a 'parent'. So, she can add herself as teen then, right?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:07 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by mizzou1
Has anybody used Buxx.com cards? (Issued by Bancorp bank)

Do the loads post as cash advance to Citi, Barclays, US Bank, or BOA?
it seems that parent info cannot be used for teens. I tried to open a card for myself, but when I added a teen with my info, I got a message to call them or something like that. I didn't try to use other person's info for teen though.

did anybody else get this card?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
So, you can get 2 cards - one for "parent" and one for "teen" then? That's good - I was able to sign up for only 1 usbuxx where I am a 'teen' and wife is a 'parent'. So, she can add herself as teen then, right?
Yes.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:36 pm

Just loaded my NW Buxx with a Chase British Airways card. It's still pending but it's showing up online as a Cash Advance. Anyone else experiencing this? My last load came posted as a regular purchase.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by laybear
Anyone used or currently using us airway to load NW buxx? Any bad news like cash advance or no points gained?
I have, no problems. Points show on my online statement as the charge appears.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
I basically just want to know the same as you. I have a USBuxx account and want to open a NW Buxx account under the same person.
And what's the question? US Bank and Nationwide Bank are not related. They're just both using a common payment/card network/product known as Visa Buxx. I bet 90% of the Buxx users here have both in their wallets (unless they're out of reach of a US Bank ATM).

Last edited by Julian Brennan; Mar 25, 2015 at 9:02 pm
Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by sunchip
Just loaded my NW Buxx with a Chase British Airways card. It's still pending but it's showing up online as a Cash Advance. Anyone else experiencing this? My last load came posted as a regular purchase.
Unless something's changed, it initially shows as a cash advance, but eventually posts as a purchase.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:34 am

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
How long does it take for the NW Buxx cards to get shipped to your house after ordering them?
I think mine took about 10 days from app to delivery.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.