Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:56 pm

Anyone got any update on citi DC? will it code is CA? will you get the extra 1%? Thanks!

Also, whats the shutdown rate for withdrawing $200 every week?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by laybear
Anyone got any update on citi DC? will it code is CA? will you get the extra 1%? Thanks! Also, whats the shutdown rate for withdrawing $200 every week?
Your questions are a bit vague so I'll try to answer in the only way which makes sense for me:
- NW Buxx does not code as CA but you don't get the 2nd 1% for the payment - only the 1st 1% for the charge
- I never use the NW Buxx for ATM w/d as it's a PITA. Unless you're very lucky you'll have to constantly call in and have the $1 fee reversed. A better way is to use the cashback feature at grocery stores (one bigbox retailer starting with "W" lets you take up to $100 along with each purchase!).
- US Buxx $500 ATM w/d per week is no problem at all
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Julian Brennan
Your questions are a bit vague so I'll try to answer in the only way which makes sense for me:
- NW Buxx does not code as CA but you don't get the 2nd 1% for the payment - only the 1st 1% for the charge
- I never use the NW Buxx for ATM w/d as it's a PITA. Unless you're very lucky you'll have to constantly call in and have the $1 fee reversed. A better way is to use the cashback feature at grocery stores (one bigbox retailer starting with "W" lets you take up to $100 along with each purchase!).
- US Buxx $500 ATM w/d per week is no problem at all
Thank you! I use the NW Buxx, sorry forgot to mention it. Will the bigbox W retailer cashier check the name on my card when I try to withdraw $100?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: United, AA, Avianca
Does anyone have experience w CA fee using the citi preferred TY card (the old 5x on/g/g/dr for 1 year) on the NW buxx?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:21 am
jk2

Originally Posted by fulthrust7
Does anyone have experience w CA fee using the citi preferred TY card (the old 5x on/g/g/dr for 1 year) on the NW buxx?
If your Preferred card is Mastercard, you are OK (I just used mine and it posted as purchase). I didn't tested a Citi Visa yet.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:30 am

- US Buxx $500 ATM w/d per week
Wrong.

as of last night, what it says on the wiki remains true.

•Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total)
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by Mamibear
Wrong.

Mamibear, I wanted to pm you with a question but you don't accep pm. Anyhow, I wanted to see if you had an update on another matter concerning Red and UR that was referred to in another thread. I chose to contact you here since you may not see that other thread (your post there was a while ago.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
Wrong.
last time I checked $600 per DAY and $500 per WEEK were different things... I didn't say it's the limit, it's just convenient since you can load $2000 per month which translates to ~$500/week.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by laybear
Thank you! I use the NW Buxx, sorry forgot to mention it. Will the bigbox W retailer cashier check the name on my card when I try to withdraw $100?
Never happened to me. And I don't even look like my wife who's name is on the card ;-)
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:24 pm

It depends on the cashier. In my goto W, there is a cashier will ask for my ID and check with the debit card I use to make sure if I am the debit card holder every single time. Luckily she is the only one, I tried my best not to step near her counter as far as possible.

Never happened to me. And I don't even look like my wife who's name is on the card ;-)
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:21 pm

Chase Marriott Card

Has anyone had any experience with the Chase Marriott card to load a Nationwide BUXX?

I have this and a Serve, and was thinking I might use this new card to load at least one of the two.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 6:41 pm

Did anybody here have the NW Buxx card and had it SD'ed for more than 6 months? I'm asking because since the Evolve devolve I have no current use for this card. In the T&C it says
Inactive Fee: $1.00 per month (after 6 consecutive months of no transactions, the card will be charged $1.00 per month until the balance is depleted or make another transaction)
So what happens when I have a $0 balance on the card and the 6 months are over? It just stays at $0? I know I might as well cut it up and cancel the account but who knows what kind of gig might come up a couple months down the road...
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
FWIW, I let my NW Buxx sit for just over 6 full months with no activity and a small balance, and never saw that $1 inactivity charge. I finally did use it last week, in month 7 since the previous activity, so I don't know if their systems just didn't scan yet, or if they wait until after the 7th month.

In any case, if you have a $0 balance, it won't go negative from inactivity fees, since it states it only charges it "until the balance is depleted."
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Tried loading NW Buzz with Ritz Carlton Visa for $500. No go. The cash advance limit is set to $100.

Is this like a SERVE, where the transaction goes through as a cash advance, but posts as a purchase?

so do i need to up the cash advance limit to $550?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:05 am

Anyone know max # teens allowed per address?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.