Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:56 pm
CDO
Suspended

Loading Issues

Yesterday was able to load some and then it would not work anymore. Called my cc and they said they do not see the attempts even though some went through. Now I get this error when loading:

"The request to load funds has been denied for the following reason:
An error occurred while attempting to add funds to your account. Please verify that the information you have provided for your payment method is correct. "

Is USB dropping the hammer?

Last edited by CDO; Jan 18, 2015 at 4:02 pm
Old Jan 18, 2015, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by CDO
Yesterday was able to load some and then it would not work anymore. Called my cc and they said they do not see the attempts even though some went through. Now I get this error when loading:

An error occurred while attempting to add funds to your account. Please verify that the information you have provided for your payment method is correct. "

Nope I have seen that issue before. Check your limits. I guarantee you its one of 2 things.

1. You miscalculated the load amount and the amount you wanted to load is above the $2K limit.

2. The rolling 30 days is not up yet. Did you ensure the time also went over the 30 days? For example if you loaded on 12/18 at 3 PM local time last month, then you have to wait until 1/18 beyond 3 PM local time in order to load that amount you loaded last month.

You have to keep a spreadsheet of the load amounts and times from the previous month to ensure you didn't go over the limits. One time I felt foolish because I did end up calling USB and when I told the CSR about the issue, the CSR was like..."I think I know the issue (and then went on hold for like 1-2 mins)" and then came back and said "what amount are you trying to load?" As soon as she asked me that I immediately knew I read the wrong row on my spreadsheet of the amount I could load since I was loading too much and told the CSR I figured out my issue. Sure enough I readjusted my load amount and it went through just fine.

If you need help or don't understand, please PM me with your details and I can explain it to you.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by CDO

since last quarter of 2014, I had similar issues and found out the $5K load limit per funding source may have been decreased w/o official notice to me via snail mail/email. I just switched to another card and it worked all the time. I've had my buxx cards for over a year now and have not called them yet nor have plans to.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Mamibear
since last quarter of 2014, I had similar issues and found out the $5K load limit per funding source may have been decreased w/o official notice to me via snail mail/email. I just switched to another card and it worked all the time. I've had my buxx cards for over a year now and have not called them yet nor have plans to.
Because your so discreet, right?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:51 am

We don't know the reason for the failed load and certainly this message does not always imply the $5K load limit was breached. Like I said in my previous post that there could be a number of factors that could trigger this message and most of the time the issue is on the Buxx card side where you have loaded more than the $2K limit per 30 rolling days rather than the CC itself. Personally I haven't verified if the $5K limit exists per card.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by ftomasze
Because your so discreet, right?
and how does it affect you or others?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Can 3K cash withdrawn from several USBuxx "teen" cards be used to pay a credit card bill in branch? Anyone see any issues with that (i.e. paying large cc bill with cash)?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:30 am

Has anyone used Club Carlson (US Bank) to fund NW Buxx w/o being charged a CA?
I appreciate the help....
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by jptravels4fun
The wiki doesn't mention having any issue with cards so you should be fine.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by jptravels4fun
That's the CC I use for my NW Buxx cards.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:35 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by ILGfly
That's the CC I use for my NW Buxx cards.
Me too, however, for some reason, Club Carlson Business card doesn't work (rejected), but personal does.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:38 pm

Yes, I believes the 5K load limit have been decreased. I usually got the same error message while I load around 3k to 3.5k per 30 days for my 2.625% boa travel card since 3 months ago. I need to use my other two Barclay arrival+ for the rest of loads.

Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: Marriott, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, SWA, United, British Air, Jet Blue, Alaska
Originally Posted by ACVid
How did you pay $2500 to Citi? NW Buxx has the load limit of $1000 and spending limit of $800/week! Did you use multiple NW Buxx?
Yes 5x$500 on separate NW Buxx.
Like I said, I forgot their weekly limit since I auto load 1st and 15th and usually deal with the first of the month load much earlier in the month. So, never been a problem, out if sight, out of mind.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:20 am

I know the limit for NW buxx is $800 spending per day, but can you spend $800 and also withdraw the max $200 in the same day? (cashing out the full 1k in 1 day?)
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by bar19900
I know the limit for NW buxx is $800 spending per day, but can you spend $800 and also withdraw the max $200 in the same day? (cashing out the full 1k in 1 day?)
Its $800 per week on each card. You cannot withdraw > $800/wk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.