VISA Buxx (2015)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 1, 16, 4:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: ed765
Wiki Link
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old May 13, 15, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by elbori357 View Post
It is what I do. 4 cards 1k each/per month. Keep in mind that it cost 2 dollars per load for each buxx card. math:2 loads of $500.00 = $1k available =$4.00 loading fee.

Good luck
I've been doing 2.50 per load with USB, so this is actually cheaper! Is there the same 5k per CC limit?
Old May 13, 15, 3:30 pm

For NW,
1) Do you always get charged the $1 fee, even at Allpoint ATMs?
2) Will you get charged the $1 fee at an fee free atm?
Old May 13, 15, 3:49 pm

It looks like NW is the only one available to public.
Here's my understanding so far about starting it.

Minimum fee is $2 / $500, better than buying VGCs normally.

The load and unload is imbalanced....
Max load/30day is $1000, but max ATM withdraw is $800 (4x$200). How am I going to get the full amount out?
Old May 13, 15, 4:04 pm
cxr

Originally Posted by sungchiahao View Post

Max load/30day is $1000, but max ATM withdraw is $800 (4x$200). How am I going to get the full amount out?
FYI : Max ATM per week: ($200)

wait another week.
Old May 13, 15, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA UA
Originally Posted by sungchiahao View Post

I think there's no limit on purchases within your balance. So you can buy something (and ask for cash back if so wish), which is what the card originally intended for :-)
Old May 13, 15, 5:14 pm

Wiki says:
Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800
Old May 13, 15, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by psykopath515 View Post
For NW,
1) Do you always get charged the $1 fee, even at Allpoint ATMs?
2) Will you get charged the $1 fee at an fee free atm?
While you are not supposed to get charged at the Allpoint ATMs, I always am. I just call them every 6-8 weeks and have them remove the charges. They are VERY slow so expect the call to take 30 minutes.
Old May 14, 15, 1:17 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA, UA
Originally Posted by fafa123 View Post
While you are not supposed to get charged at the Allpoint ATMs, I always am. I just call them every 6-8 weeks and have them remove the charges. They are VERY slow so expect the call to take 30 minutes.
Guess I've been pretty lucky! Mine usually takes 10 minutes! I've had better luck telling them to look at the past credits I was given because I only use that 1 atm. They usually don't go through looking up the allpoint atm themselves. Saves me a bit of time...
Old May 14, 15, 4:57 am

Programs: Chase UR, Amex MR, Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott/Starwood Gold, FoundersCard
Originally Posted by nakataboi View Post
Guess I've been pretty lucky! Mine usually takes 10 minutes! I've had better luck telling them to look at the past credits I was given because I only use that 1 atm. They usually don't go through looking up the allpoint atm themselves. Saves me a bit of time...
That's what I'm going to do. There is a 7-eleven 1/2 block from my house that's 24 hours. It's nice to catch a break once in awhile.
Old May 14, 15, 11:26 am
umc

Originally Posted by cxr View Post
didnt get an answer does buxx (nw) offer online bill pay?
also which cards code as CA.. The wiki says AA codes as purchase but i swear i read somewhere it codes as CA
I loaded with my Citi AA Platinum every month and the transactions are always coded as purchases.
Old May 14, 15, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Kaitlin View Post
I just called Nationwide and got the same answer. No refund!
On May 8th I called Nationwide and did not get any refund. This morning I called again, and got $4 refund for my previous withdraws. This evening I called again for a different account, and was told by a different agent that they changed their policy about a week ago and will no longer reverse the $1 fee. He himself just found out about it earlier this week. He also said that while the bank is updating their terms and conditions everywhere (including the online version), they're still offering refund for the $1 fee. But once the online terms/conditions are updated there will be no refund.
Old May 14, 15, 10:56 pm

If no refund, then are NW providing a better "fee-free" ATM locator? How are we supposed to know which ones are free and not?
Old May 14, 15, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by fastpaced View Post
Has anyone run into issues with editing address information with US Buxx? I mistakenly changed my address online a few weeks ago and now need to change it back to the original address (half my CCs are associated with my family's home address and half are with mine).

Now when I try to change the address, it's impossible because the text boxes don't come up (it just shows up as static text that can't be edited).

Anyone else run into this issue? Do I just need to call customer service? TIA!
Same issue, haven't changed mine recently either. Is it no longer possible to change your address online?
Old May 15, 15, 7:56 am

I tried getting some cash back using a USBuxx card and both times it didn't like the transaction. I am only talking $5 and $10 bucks when buying a big gulp. Is there a setting to disallow cash back? I read back a few pages and it looks like getting cash back should be an option.
Old May 15, 15, 11:52 am

Sorry if this question is weak but:
Can you use AMEX for NW and U.S. Buxx? I am just talking meeting minimum spend if you can not get points as well. Thank you

Search this Thread