VISA Buxx (2015)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 1, 16, 4:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: ed765
Wiki Link
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Apr 24, 15, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by buruch View Post
Why not just open a new card and shift?
They don't have any other cards I want.
Old Apr 24, 15, 2:08 pm

Programs: All of em...
Call it in the air - true, partially true, or untrue:

A family member of mine empties my USB Buxx cards for me as I live overseas, has been for 2 years now, and then deposits at my USB account - all in one place, nice and convenient.

Today they told her that USB made a new policy that you can't deposit more than $500 in an account that your name isn't on.... ???? If that is actually true, depositing from all these cards would take a longgggg time. Anybody else encountered this recently? Also wondering if the local bank made that policy and it's not national, as it's a small town and her volume has probably stumped them for months now.
Old Apr 24, 15, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by x712xdamx View Post
Call it in the air - true, partially true, or untrue:

A family member of mine empties my USB Buxx cards for me as I live overseas, has been for 2 years now, and then deposits at my USB account - all in one place, nice and convenient.

Today they told her that USB made a new policy that you can't deposit more than $500 in an account that your name isn't on.... ???? If that is actually true, depositing from all these cards would take a longgggg time. Anybody else encountered this recently? Also wondering if the local bank made that policy and it's not national, as it's a small town and her volume has probably stumped them for months now.
How about just getting an ATM card for the relative?
Old Apr 24, 15, 3:25 pm

So I'm screwed... my local MO source has started giving me a hard time so I need a new method to unload USBuxx... Any other options if no USB is around? Also, would it work at a MO place like an Ace Cash Express? Also, anyone know if I can pull out of a Moneypass ATM with only the 1.50 fee and no surcharge like US Bank bank cards? And no daily max spend (for some reason I used to think you could only spend $1k/card day)?

Last edited by mastermind85; Apr 25, 15 at 1:18 pm
Old Apr 25, 15, 4:32 pm

Anyone use the Visa BUXX from Navy? I don't see it listed on the Wiki...
Old Apr 25, 15, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by SpootyPuff View Post
Anyone use the Visa BUXX from Navy? I don't see it listed on the Wiki...
They can only be loaded with Navy FCU CCs. I've seen a few people on here say they use them but most that are Navy FCU members don't want to jeopardize their relationship by MSing with their products.
Old Apr 25, 15, 4:54 pm

Ah gotcha. I'm assuming then that it's hard coded I was hoping I could load VGC's into it

I have the Flagship CC and the only thing I can think of to use the card is to hit the limit a few times before I ask for a CLI (pry-bar my way into the 20k's) I don't see anything appealing about their rewards points.... unless they added Amazon to that list.

Last edited by SpootyPuff; Apr 25, 15 at 5:00 pm
Old Apr 26, 15, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by anagoree View Post
Starting this month, I am using Citi Preferred heavily for both NW Buxx and US Buxx.
US Buxx is posted as purchase under DIRECT MARKETING/DIRECT MARKETERS
But, NW Buxx is posted as purchase under MORTGAGE COMPANIES-FINANCIAL INSTITUTION

Issue you identified is just with NW Buxx usage? Have you also used Citi Preferred with US Buxx?
I confirm, Citi Preferred CC does not give bonus points for NW Buxx charges.
It gives bonus points for US Buxx charges.
Old Apr 27, 15, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by ILGfly View Post
They can only be loaded with Navy FCU CCs. I've seen a few people on here say they use them but most that are Navy FCU members don't want to jeopardize their relationship by MSing with their products.

NFCU points/cashback on loading Buxx and other prepaids is ending as of 6/1.
Old Apr 27, 15, 10:07 am

Has anyone run into issues with editing address information with US Buxx? I mistakenly changed my address online a few weeks ago and now need to change it back to the original address (half my CCs are associated with my family's home address and half are with mine).

Now when I try to change the address, it's impossible because the text boxes don't come up (it just shows up as static text that can't be edited).

Anyone else run into this issue? Do I just need to call customer service? TIA!
Old Apr 27, 15, 2:12 pm

Programs: HH, UA,
NW and Prestige

I checked my statement and I did receive TY points for my Nationwide Buxx load with my Citi Prestige. Yes, it shows up as MORTGAGE COMPANIES - FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS. Not sure if the load will count towards the sign up bonus.
Old Apr 28, 15, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by fastpaced View Post
Has anyone run into issues with editing address information with US Buxx? I mistakenly changed my address online a few weeks ago and now need to change it back to the original address (half my CCs are associated with my family's home address and half are with mine).

Now when I try to change the address, it's impossible because the text boxes don't come up (it just shows up as static text that can't be edited).

Anyone else run into this issue? Do I just need to call customer service? TIA!
It changes to editable in few days to what I recall. Under a week I'd say. If u want to change it sooner than that then call Customer service.
Old Apr 28, 15, 9:47 am

Can someone explain to me what "Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000" mean?

I loaded on $1000 on two cards 3/22 then 4/13, when is the next date I can load another $500 to each card? is $1000 limited per card or all cards combine?

ps: this is nw buxx

I couldn't get NW buxx to load with chase sw. My CA limit is $400...maybe thats why? (I tried to load $500)

Last edited by laybear; Apr 28, 15 at 9:54 am
Old Apr 28, 15, 12:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by laybear View Post
Can someone explain to me what "Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000" mean?

I loaded on $1000 on two cards 3/22 then 4/13, when is the next date I can load another $500 to each card? is $1000 limited per card or all cards combine?

ps: this is nw buxx

I couldn't get NW buxx to load with chase sw. My CA limit is $400...maybe thats why? (I tried to load $500)
Rolling 30 days means exactly 30 days from the time before last that you loaded. Basically it means that's not based on calendar month but any given 30 days at a time. So if you loaded on 3/22, you would be able to load on 4/21 (since March has 31 days).
Old Apr 29, 15, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by mbodio View Post
I checked my statement and I did receive TY points for my Nationwide Buxx load with my Citi Prestige. Yes, it shows up as MORTGAGE COMPANIES - FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS. Not sure if the load will count towards the sign up bonus.
Are you going to over MS your prestige or risk and see if you'll get the sign up bonus? Can you update us if you get your bonus or not when statement close ?

Search this Thread