VISA Buxx (2015)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 1, 16, 4:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: ed765
Wiki Link
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Apr 14, 15, 5:05 pm
  #286  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 324
Originally Posted by jk2 View Post
it seems that parent info cannot be used for teens. I tried to open a card for myself, but when I added a teen with my info, I got a message to call them or something like that. I didn't try to use other person's info for teen though.

did anybody else get this card?
I used the same info for both, but it was a long time ago. I'm now looking to add another "teen" who happens to have the same name as my dog. Any issues in doing so?
llbad is offline  
Old Apr 14, 15, 9:44 pm
  #287  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Heaven
Posts: 552
Anyone lost money at ATM ...? I may be the first one.
tried withdrawing 200 and the effin machine (US Bank ATM) only spit out 80. I'll take that as the cost of doing business but, it was the first time this happened. I dont want to call as the first thing they'll do is shut me down...lmao
coolblues is offline  
Old Apr 14, 15, 10:32 pm
  #288  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,083
Originally Posted by coolblues View Post
Anyone lost money at ATM ...? I may be the first one.
tried withdrawing 200 and the effin machine (US Bank ATM) only spit out 80. I'll take that as the cost of doing business but, it was the first time this happened. I dont want to call as the first thing they'll do is shut me down...lmao
You are not the first person that has had this happen. It happened to me about 8 months ago during July 4th weekend (word of advice, do not withdraw money on a weekend at night). US Bank ATM only spit out $100 out of $200. Make sure you always request a transaction record receipt that shows you attempted to withdraw $200 from the ATM.

Basically the process is this.

1) Call up US Bank Buxx number and speak with CSR.
2) After explaining situation, CSR will email you a claim form that you fill out and include all details that you can recall.
3) You fax the claim form back to US Bank for processing. It says on the form it can take up to 10 business days.
4) They probably will issue you a temporary credit of $120 (difference from your amount you requested) in this case until the investigation is over just in case you were strapped for cash and needed it.
5. About 3 weeks later (4 weeks total from the date of incident), I received a resolution in the mail saying that they will credit me back the $120. What they do is they provide a formal credit of $120 and withdraw back the temporary credit of $120. Make sure you DO NOT use any of the temporary credit that was given to you or else you will have a negative balance and you don't want to draw any attention.
ericdabbs is offline  
Old Apr 14, 15, 10:42 pm
  #289  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Heaven
Posts: 552
Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post
You are not the first person that has had this happen. It happened to me about 8 months ago during July 4th weekend (word of advice, do not withdraw money on a weekend at night). US Bank ATM only spit out $100 out of $200. Make sure you always request a transaction record receipt that shows you attempted to withdraw $200 from the ATM.

Basically the process is this.

1) Call up US Bank Buxx number and speak with CSR.
oh wow.... thanks for those details. I have few cards and I can't even recall which one. I know the problem card was the very last one but the buxx site does not show any timestamp. tried calling in automated number to hear transaction details and all cards tell the same time (of yesterday evening). Not sure how to nail down the exact card.

Now other issue is that I haven't been using the card as intended so calling could raise red flags no ? I have milked the cards a lot and as I said 120 is not a big deal as long as I can keep milking it. What do you suggest ?

and what sucks is that I usually skip the printed receipt (lesson learned for future)

cheers
coolblues is offline  
Old Apr 14, 15, 11:07 pm
  #290  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,083
Originally Posted by coolblues View Post
oh wow.... thanks for those details. I have few cards and I can't even recall which one. I know the problem card was the very last one but the buxx site does not show any timestamp. tried calling in automated number to hear transaction details and all cards tell the same time (of yesterday evening). Not sure how to nail down the exact card.

Now other issue is that I haven't been using the card as intended so calling could raise red flags no ? I have milked the cards a lot and as I said 120 is not a big deal as long as I can keep milking it. What do you suggest ?

and what sucks is that I usually skip the printed receipt (lesson learned for future)

cheers
It doesn't matter what you hear from the automated voice system. You have to speak to a US Bank CSR so that they can issue you the claim form to fill out. What is more important is the day of incident and ATM branch location. For the time you just need an approximate time frame. Besides each ATM withdrawal has its own unique transaction record and they can just reference that transaction record and you should be fine. US Bank should be able to retrieve the remaining details such as time. All they are really going to do is do an analysis of true money dispense and what the computer says it dispensed. The hope is that the difference for that ATM that day is $120 and can be traced back to your transaction. I wouldn't worry so much about it.

In terms of whether the card was used for MS purposes....ehhh I don't think they really care. They are not going to review all of your account history but only the incident time frame. But really at the end of the day its up to you. If you want to chuck it up to cost of business...then go right ahead if you are paranoid. Personally I would just go through with it and request my money back.

Last edited by ericdabbs; Apr 14, 15 at 11:17 pm
ericdabbs is offline  
Old Apr 14, 15, 11:36 pm
  #291  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 500
It was a risk calling but I did it anyway. So what the girl told me is that when you report a card lost or stolen even though you get a new card number, the account and routing number (which is how the funds are actually loaded) stay the same and there's no way to actually cancel a card and get new account/routing number for an existing teen. This is why the loads and unloads show up under both the replacement card and the old one. Based on that it looks like the only way for me to avoid having loads count twice is to basically suspend or stop using the 2 replacement cards and order 2 completely new teen cards. Annoying because this is going to cause me to have to miss loads on 2 teens on this account and 1 teen on another account that also had the number stolen so that one has to be suspended and a new teen card requested as well.
ILGfly is offline  
Old Apr 15, 15, 9:12 am
  #292  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
It's been like 2 weeks that I get this error:
"The request to load funds has been denied for the following reason:
An error occurred while attempting to add funds to your account. Please verify that the information you have provided for your payment method is correct."

Normally it happens when i hit the $5,000 loading limit on a credit card but now even a new card that i added end up showing this error! What is going on!!?
It's USBank Visabuxx.
maysam is offline  
Old Apr 15, 15, 2:21 pm
  #293  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 462
Originally Posted by maysam View Post
It's been like 2 weeks that I get this error:
"The request to load funds has been denied for the following reason:
An error occurred while attempting to add funds to your account. Please verify that the information you have provided for your payment method is correct."

Normally it happens when i hit the $5,000 loading limit on a credit card but now even a new card that i added end up showing this error! What is going on!!?
It's USBank Visabuxx.
Sure you didnt got over $2k including fees on that individual card?
mastermind85 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 15, 9:04 pm
  #294  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: WA
Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum,
Posts: 60
Mine not working either....today is day 31.
HighFive is offline  
Old Apr 15, 15, 10:31 pm
  #295  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Heaven
Posts: 552
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
Mine not working either....today is day 31.
They loaded fine for me 2 days back. Waiting on the reset to try again.
Perhaps others would report back.
coolblues is offline  
Old Apr 16, 15, 8:24 am
  #296  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Unhappy

Originally Posted by mastermind85 View Post
Sure you didnt got over $2k including fees on that individual card?
Yes, I'm sure I haven't reached this limit also. If it was just one of my cards having this issue, I'd consider reaching any of these limits but now all 3 cards are having the same problem!
Hopefully it's just a glitch!
maysam is offline  
Old Apr 16, 15, 9:54 am
  #297  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: WA
Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum,
Posts: 60
I am able to load today...I was off on my days...day 30 was actually on the 10th, so at day 36 I am finally able to load. Not sure what is going on here.
HighFive is offline  
Old Apr 16, 15, 3:48 pm
  #298  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 139
Just check account history

It is pretty simple to track the 30 days. Just look at your account history and see how many 500 dollar loads you have made within the past 30 days.
whitey4545 is offline  
Old Apr 16, 15, 6:45 pm
  #299  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New York, NY
Programs: Chase UR, Amex Blue (Old)
Posts: 52
I have 1 NW buxx card. Last month I ordered another one with my name and my middle initial. My first is "John Smith" and the second is "John M. Smith" (something like that). The second card never arrived and I am hesitant to call customer service to request a new one. Can anyone offer any advice?
kenshin251 is offline  
Old Apr 16, 15, 7:19 pm
  #300  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 467
Has anyone loaded US Buxx with the Citi prestige card recently? Were miles/points awarded as a purchase?
bobby21 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread