Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
$2 load fee
Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 chargeIME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
Max # of CC on file is 2.
Max balance per card: $1000
Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
Max load per day: $500
Max load per 7 days: $2,000
Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
Max balance: $2,000
Max transactions: no limit
Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Old Dec 24, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: Southwest, SPG, IHG
Originally Posted by elementofice
Should I leave my current account as is or close it before creating a new parent account? It's ok to have 2 accounts under the same SSN?
If you can, close it, wait a couple of business days, and then open the parent account (using a diff id if possible). This is the start of your relationship with NW, better go with a clean slate!
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:29 pm

If I have a CSP and just want to meet minimum spend, could I load buxx and just take out of the ATM? I know there is a fee for that but would it be possible if I just wanted to meet the minimum? I wasn't sure how Chase sees the purchase...everything I searched for was a few months old. Guess it couldn't hurt to just try a small amount I guess
Old Dec 25, 2015, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by nihonotaku
If I have a CSP and just want to meet minimum spend, could I load buxx and just take out of the ATM? I know there is a fee for that but would it be possible if I just wanted to meet the minimum? I wasn't sure how Chase sees the purchase...everything I searched for was a few months old. Guess it couldn't hurt to just try a small amount I guess
I am using this card (NW) for the minimum spending on a BA card, all posted as purchases.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 7:56 pm

Is there any other way out of the NW load fee via CC?

Fund Load Fee: $2.00 per funding transaction
(this fee will be waived when a Nationwide Bank debit or credit card is used as your Funding Account)
Old Dec 25, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: Southwest, SPG, IHG
Originally Posted by rebelx

(this fee will be waived when a Nationwide Bank debit or credit card is used as your Funding Account)
Nope.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by shan23
Nope.
Darn!

Can anyone explain what to do with Buxx --> (regular) Serve at Walmart? I'm not understanding completely what I need to do when I get there in order to move funds fee free to Serve.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by rebelx

Yes... don't use it.

Can't believe anyone would misuse/abuse a program designed for parents and teenagers and then beef about a measly $2.00....
Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by tbradnc
I paid the $5 fee just so they could make some money off the cards I ordered.

Seems only right.

It kinda bothers me that people want everything free, hate paying $1 ATM fees and call to get them reversed, etc.

Can't believe anyone would misuse/abuse a program designed for parents and teenagers and then beef about a measly $2.00....
A theme develops. Did you mean to post these in the FlyerTalk forum?! I think the spirit here is more saving/making money whenever and wherever possible rather than just giving in every step of the way.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:47 am

anyone know how many cards we are allowed between 2 people? is it 8 or 10? if one were to work that many buxx cards, any best practices that would prevent a flag?
Old Dec 26, 2015, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by rseiler
A theme develops. Did you mean to post these in the FlyerTalk forum?! I think the spirit here is more saving/making money whenever and wherever possible rather than just giving in every step of the way.
Oh I get that but I don't get the need to milk something to the point of actively trying to keep the other side from making any money at all.

I don't begrudge NW Bank a few bucks for processing my credit card.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:04 pm

Returned Check on FIA bill payment

Dec 21 - Loaded $500 into buxx (no previous load/unload activity for more than 30 days - inactive for about 2 months), balance now $682
Dec 23 - Paid FIA for $650, went through fine with confirmation number, with $32 balance on buxx account
Dec 24 - "Returned Payment Unpaid" message with amount previously paid and return check fees ($25) levied on FIA account

None of the load/unload limits were hit

I plan on contacting FIA and/or NW Buxx after a few days for charges to settle. Right now (dec 26) buxx balance is still $32.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:07 pm

What is the best way of unloading NW Buxx?

From the NW Buxx FAQ, it says "There is no fee for using the Card at Nationwide Bank or Allpoint Network ATMs". But from reading some of the posts before they still charge you 1$ even at ALL point or NW ATMs?
Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:33 pm

With so many nw buxx questions one has to wonder how much longer this one lasts
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:14 pm

TD Bank Buxx not usable to pay Capital One

After a report here that Capital One could be paid by BUXX cards I tried using my Capital One card to pay Capital One. It was declined although the Capital One representative could not explain why. A call to TD Bank Buxx first produced a statement that the security code was wrong. After checking, I tried again and Capital One then reported it was decline and the system kept saying the address was unavailable. After a long hold, a TD Bank representative stated their card could not be used to pay other Banks, and that this was always true for all banks (some here may know this is not true). Capital One was able to accept payments from a Nationwide BUXX card. I did learn from Capital One that they use a service called BNY Mellen Treasury Services to process debit card payments, and the problem may lie with them (including a system that fails to reveal the true reason cards will not be accepted) giving excuses about addressed. The Capital One representative was quite patient in trying different addresses, forms of the name different dollar amounts, etc. much of which could have been avoided if the system had been programmed to give an accurate reason for decline. Somehow their system prefilled the file with my address etc. (the card had never been used successfully before at Capital One).

He even stayed on the line for a very long time while I found a Nationwide BUXX which had money and had not recently been used to test to see if somehow it was retaining an address from that. This one went through.

Incidentally, I learned Capital One will allow only one debit card payment per day.

TD security had approved the transaction after review at least shows a lack of adequate training as to policies.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:15 pm

Anyone loaded Buxx with Chase Southwest Visa cards recently? Did it start as CA in pending and post as purchase like CSP? Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.