Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2015, 7:04 am

Does the Fidelity Visa (with 2% cashback) post as cash advance or purchase with NW Buxx? I know it first processes as cash advance, but does it post as purchase in the end? Please answer if you know, so that I could make the decision on whether to get the AMEX or Visa version of the card.

I'm currently using a BA+ but am planning to drop the card due to the downgrades to the card.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by shitrus
max spend per rolling 7 days per card is $800. In an effort to minimize the crap you have to do, you want to spend as much as possible as often as possible.

800+700+800+700 fits the $500 add nicely as well as the $800 spend max. it adds up to 3000 as well, which is 3 months worth of loading.

So over 3 months on each card you can call citi 4 times, or you can visit the ATM 15 times and also pay $15.
I keep 2 buxx #s on each of my citi cards. So I call half as many times. I say I have 2 debit cards stored, and I'd like to pay $800 from debit card ending in xxxx and $700 from debit card ending in xxxx. Easy.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:35 am

I checked, but couldn't find if this was mentioned in this or a previous thread. Does anyone have any information regarding how many times you can add/edit credit/funding sources for NW Buxx.

As per the OP, for USB Buxx, it says "You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days", but does that apply for NW Buxx too?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by rseiler
Thanks, I wonder if they discontinued it then, because it's not there for me:
http://imgur.com/i8XkX6C
So, I'm going to assume that it's gone now, unless anyone else has information otherwise. I'll try calling them after signing up to see if I can get the setup fee waived.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:07 am

does anyone know if Chase accepts debit payments over the phone like Citi?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: Southwest, SPG, IHG
So, I'm going to assume that it's gone now, unless anyone else has information otherwise. I'll try calling them after signing up to see if I can get the setup fee waived.
DON'T CALL. The promo code is applicable **only** when you order a new teen card, NOT when you open a parent account. I ordered a teen card yesterday, and could apply the promo code just fine. The screenshot you show is for the parent account opening page, NOT the "Add Teen" page.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by nihonotaku
does anyone know if Chase accepts debit payments over the phone like Citi?
Nope, they don't. CapOne does FYI if you didn't already know.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by wtg_miro
I checked, but couldn't find if this was mentioned in this or a previous thread. Does anyone have any information regarding how many times you can add/edit credit/funding sources for NW Buxx.

As per the OP, for USB Buxx, it says "You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days", but does that apply for NW Buxx too?
I have changed my CC info once or twice. DO NOT change the CC info for a single account more than twice a month - you don't want to get flagged! I've done upto twice a month, and that too just for that month....not twice EVERY month! This is a very fragile MS method, relying on the fact that all of it can be done without calling attention to it. By changing CC's frequently, you may trigger flags set in place for fraud, causing a CSR to look into it.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by shan23
DON'T CALL. The promo code is applicable **only** when you order a new teen card, NOT when you open a parent account. I ordered a teen card yesterday, and could apply the promo code just fine. The screenshot you show is for the parent account opening page, NOT the "Add Teen" page.
I didn't see any mention of that distinction. The wiki just calls it a code for the "Initial purchase fee."
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:41 am

I didn't see any mention of that distinction. The wiki just calls it a code for the "Initial purchase fee."
Yes, its the initial purchase fee for the Teen card to be ordered by the Parent from the parent account using the parent's CC. There, hope its clear now
Old Dec 24, 2015, 3:03 pm

Why would you do that?? (hint: Don't!)

I paid the $5 fee just so they could make some money off the cards I ordered.

Seems only right.

It kinda bothers me that people want everything free, hate paying $1 ATM fees and call to get them reversed, etc.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by tbradnc
Why would you do that?? (hint: Don't!)

I paid the $5 fee just so they could make some money off the cards I ordered.
Because at the time I had every reason to believe, based on the wiki, that I'd just missed a free signup offer, in which case it would have been worth a try. As it turned out, the wiki meant something else entirely.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 7:41 pm

hey guys, so i might have made the mistake of signing up myself as a family/friend instead of a parent. when i try to add a teen it asks me to enter an enrollment code from an invitation email from a parent. Is there any way to change my account to a parent so I can add a teen? Or do I have to find someone else to sign up as a parent then send me invitation emails for teen enrollment codes?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by elementofice
hey guys, so i might have made the mistake of signing up myself as a family/friend instead of a parent. when i try to add a teen it asks me to enter an enrollment code from an invitation email from a parent. Is there any way to change my account to a parent so I can add a teen? Or do I have to find someone else to sign up as a parent then send me invitation emails for teen enrollment codes?
Just open a new parent account. AFAIK no one typically funds teens using a "friend" account, and if you have issues down the line, you'd be out of luck.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by shan23
Just open a new parent account. AFAIK no one typically funds teens using a "friend" account, and if you have issues down the line, you'd be out of luck.
Should I leave my current account as is or close it before creating a new parent account? It's ok to have 2 accounts under the same SSN?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.