FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

Phantom707 Oct 18, 2015 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by PutANameToIt (Post 25581866)
I have a fid Amex linked to my account that I've been using for a while. I tried to add an AU of that card to my SO's serve account and I'm getting an error. Does the system block adding a new card if it's already in use on another account?

The system does block it if the same card number is already in use. The solution is to unlink it from the first account before adding it to the second. Repeat each month.

MaxVO Oct 18, 2015 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by benosufan (Post 25581345)
That is because you don't have soft serve account. Because of the constant turnover of MS players not many will even know what that is without researching it. The good thing is newcomers can't ruin it for those of us who stuck with soft serve and didn't fall for the redbird trap.

Here is my 2 cents...find an avenue that you feel comfortable with in accruing points/miles and don't chase the next best thing. Stick with what you know works. Always be prepared to have a back up plan in case your primary tactic is shut down. Most of all, don't believe everything you read here! :)

Isn't wiki intended primarily for the newcomers? Grandfathered Soft-Serve users already know how their product works, and it's no longer available to anyone else.

pritomd Oct 18, 2015 7:12 pm

FYI just closed my Redcard. Signed up for OneVIP using the same details. Worked fine, no issue about already having an account.

Joshy119 Oct 18, 2015 7:40 pm

How can I get more than one serve? I generally need to MS about 10 grand a month or so and 2 would be great. Is it possible for me to have two with my name on it that I can load etc?

MrDioji Oct 18, 2015 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Joshy119 (Post 25583400)
How can I get more than one serve? I generally need to MS about 10 grand a month or so and 2 would be great. Is it possible for me to have two with my name on it that I can load etc?

You need a friend/family member/lover that will sign up for one for you. It shouldn't be a pain to load a card in another person's name in-store (YMMV), but online loads will be tricky since the credit card has to be in the Serve account owner's name.

In that vein, my dad has the same name as me, but we're obviously different people. Do people think that AMEX goes by the SS# behind the card, or just the name for online loads? They have access to whose SS# the card is in since nonsoft-serve is only for AMEX cards, but I wonder if they use that information...

Preacher7 Oct 18, 2015 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Joshy119 (Post 25583400)

Yeah, just get your wife or husband, and your adult kids to sign up for one. I manage 6, soon to be 7 that way. $30K/month gives us a lot of travel options!

Phantom707 Oct 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by MrDioji (Post 25583613)
You need a friend/family member/lover that will sign up for one for you. It shouldn't be a pain to load a card in another person's name in-store (YMMV), but online loads will be tricky since the credit card has to be in the Serve account owner's name.

In that vein, my dad has the same name as me, but we're obviously different people. Do people think that AMEX goes by the SS# behind the card, or just the name for online loads? They have access to whose SS# the card is in since nonsoft-serve is only for AMEX cards, but I wonder if they use that information...

Pretty sure it's by the name. I manage a couple of Serve accounts in my family, and two people have the same name (think along the lines of II and III). I've linked a Fidelity Amex to both at different times, and it works fine.

desikid Oct 19, 2015 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707 (Post 25583654)
Pretty sure it's by the name. I manage a couple of Serve accounts in my family, and two people have the same name (think along the lines of II and III). I've linked a Fidelity Amex to both at different times, and it works fine.

Serve online loading T&C says loading with credit card may be treated as CA.
Is that true?
Before I try using my SPG business, I want to make sure about it.. TIA.
Also, does fidelity amex still gives 2% back?

stupidzbu Oct 19, 2015 1:34 pm

so .. I manage many cards with Redbird and recently closed all of them.

all but one Serve app requested documents to verify ID. They've been uploaded no issues.. well, one issue, the stupid programming kept rejecting PDFs and only accepted JPGs

My only question is does this require a follow up call to get the account finalized or will it just happen on its own?

danpeake Oct 19, 2015 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by desikid (Post 25586623)
Is that true?

Yes, it MAY be treated as a cash advance. In most people's experience, it does not.

You do know an AMEX issued card does not earn points, right?

Yes, Fidelity AMEX does still give 2% cash back.

DVDBob Oct 19, 2015 2:39 pm

Is that true?

SPG is treated as a purchase, but does NOT give any points for CC loads. It can only be used to meet minimum spending - however, the T&Cs do state that loadable pre-paid cards don't count, so there is no telling how long that will continue.

And Yes, Fidelity Amex still gives 2%!

lumangoy Oct 19, 2015 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by stupidzbu (Post 25586877)

all but one Serve app requested documents to verify ID. They've been uploaded no issues.. well, one issue, the stupid programming kept rejecting PDFs and only accepted JPGs

My only question is does this require a follow up call to get the account finalized or will it just happen on its own?

I converted one to BB and I had to upload docs.

I received an email a few hours after that the account was approved.

Nerbil Oct 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Is that true?

Just so you have another datapoint, I loaded $1000 from SPG Biz to Serve and bought a few VGCs and just hit min spend and got the points last week. Serve loads count towards spend, but no points earned. VGCs count for both.

nfpa70e Oct 19, 2015 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Nerbil (Post 25587835)
Serve loads count towards spend, but no points earned. .

How can you load serve direct from CC? I thought with CC, you buy VGC and then with VGC you load serve. You can use amex network cards to load serve online, but in store, I don't believe you can use any CC to load serve.

Mamibear Oct 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Newyorker11 (Post 25587910)
How can you load serve direct from CC? I thought with CC, you buy VGC and then with VGC you load serve. You can use amex network cards to load serve online, but in store, I don't believe you can use any CC to load serve.

I don't see where the OP mentioned loading Serve with CC in-store :confused: I understood it as loading Serve online AND bought VGCs in-store and saw that they earned points last week. No points earned for the Serve loads made.

with due respect, based on all your questions in various threads, I'm not sure if English is your first language but if not, I can understand why you don't seem to comprehend all that's already laid out in clear terms (short of circles and arrows) in different threads.

you may have to ask yourself if MS is for you before you get into serious financial disaster if you don't know what you're doing. HTH.

isriam Oct 19, 2015 7:48 pm

is there a multiple swipe loading script for walmart?

I follow the 70-action-1- load but i need to load more than 500 at a time. Whats the actual step by step process at a register/CSR?

ngoc92 Oct 19, 2015 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by isriam (Post 25588400)

I follow the 70-action-1- load but i need to load more than 500 at a time. Whats the actual step by step process at a register/CSR?

Yes. Up 4 cards including your serve card. For $500, you can only do 2x $500 because of $1000 load per transaction. I only go to the cashiers that know how to do split tenders. And some wont let you do it all.

isriam Oct 19, 2015 8:12 pm

So you say load 1k and they hit load and key in 1k? When do you split tender?

ngoc92 Oct 19, 2015 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by isriam (Post 25588493)
So you say load 1k and they hit load and key in 1k? When do you split tender?

Then tell them 'I want to pay $500 on the first debit card'. Some cashiers dont know how to do it at my store. do a small amount to test first so if they dont know how to split, you can still finish with the load without calling the csm over to cancel.

CWAL Oct 19, 2015 8:37 pm

The only time I have had a really FUBAR situation at WM is when I tried to do a split tender Serve load at a normal register. I understand the process, but when the cashier is a min wage employee possibly prone to mistakes, I prefer to make it as easy as possible. $500, finish load, and say "Can I do the same thing again please?"

dsauch Oct 20, 2015 5:28 am

No more serve soft 1500 load??

Just got this error on my serve-soft card:
REQUEST TO LOAD MONEY HAS EXCEEDED THE MONTHLY LIMIT OF 250

was able to load 500 earlier in the month and another 500 yesterday...

ZzzzX Oct 20, 2015 5:50 am

Originally Posted by ngoc92 (Post 25588450)
Yes. Up 4 cards including your serve card. For $500, you can only do 2x $500 because of $1000 load per transaction. I only go to the cashiers that know how to do split tenders. And some wont let you do it all.

Sometimes it's eaasier to do 2 loads. Cashiers around me wouldn't know split tender if it ran up and bit them.

the188 Oct 20, 2015 6:04 am

On the Serve website I see it says that it can now be loaded at Dollar General. Anyone had success with this and if so how much were you able to load? There are a ton of Dollar Generals all around my area.

Mamibear Oct 20, 2015 6:14 am

Originally Posted by the188 (Post 25589868)
On the Serve website I see it says that it can now be loaded at Dollar General. Anyone had success with this and if so how much were you able to load? There are a ton of Dollar Generals all around my area.

I asked the DG manager and he said cash only to load any prepaid reloadable cards. If you're loading with cash, you'll not have a problem but watch out for your safety when bringing a ton of cash to 'deposit' at DG. It's the same for loading at CVS.

the188 Oct 20, 2015 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 25589890)
I asked the DG manager and he said cash only to load any prepaid reloadable cards. If you're loading with cash, you'll not have a problem but watch out for your safety when bringing a ton of cash to 'deposit' at DG. It's the same for loading at CVS.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if its hard-coded or just management policy? I really would have no interest in cash loads (no pun intended). Thankfully my area is pretty rural / college town so crime is pretty low.

NoonRadar Oct 20, 2015 7:09 am

Originally Posted by stupidzbu (Post 25586877)
so .. I manage many cards with Redbird and recently closed all of them.

When people were signing up for Redbird I advised them to upload the documents and call cust service after 30 mins to get the process going. I'd imagine they would eventually get to your registration but no need to wait.

Also, for anyone running into this, make sure that all four corners of the document that is uploaded or faxed are visible. Had a case when the person needed to re-upload due to this.

darkhunter Oct 20, 2015 12:39 pm

Sorry if this has been covered before but, online, can I load a $100 american express prepaid card to my serve ? I mean I know amex credit cards are allowed but I was just wondering if a pre-paid one would be ok ?

Mamibear Oct 20, 2015 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by darkhunter (Post 25591760)
Sorry if this has been covered before but, online, can I load a $100 american express prepaid card to my serve ? I mean I know amex credit cards are allowed but I was just wondering if a pre-paid one would be ok ?

no

nutumiles Oct 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Folks, any datapoint if One VIP is ReloadIt friendly?
I believe the regular Serves can be loaded with ReloadIts and my local CVS has the $0 fee Serves ....but am still not sure which one should I go for.

Inputs appreciated!

Gimpyknee Oct 20, 2015 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by nutumiles (Post 25592404)
I believe the regular Serves can be loaded with ReloadIts and my local CVS has the $0 fee Serves ....but am still not sure which one should I go for.

Inputs appreciated!

I will know tomorrow - waiting for a statement cycle to end before charging more on my card. I have opened a Reloadit Safe, and have already entered my 3 managed Serve cards (one green, two OneVIP) into the Safe as reloadable cards. I'll be making the transfer tomorrow after lunch, Eastern time and will update. (Unless someone beats me to it.)

rabatt Oct 20, 2015 5:09 pm

You need to load more than $500 at a time? Aren't you confusing need with want? Since WM register loads are definitely YMMV, your so called need might just make your local WM stop register loads all together. Tread lightly novice, unless you ruin it for everybody in your area.

isriam Oct 20, 2015 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by rabatt (Post 25592983)
You need to load more than $500 at a time? Aren't you confusing need with want? Since WM register loads are definitely YMMV, your so called need might just make your local WM stop register loads all together. Tread lightly novice, unless you ruin it for everybody in your area.

Lol

walterD Oct 20, 2015 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by walterD (Post 25565119)
Any data points about the Delta Amex Plat spend? Trying to reach the 25K mark using Serve, but I saw rumors saying online cc load would not work for that purpose?

?

BussingIt Oct 20, 2015 7:29 pm

I got a new Blue Serve card and Walmart is charging 3.74 per load. I guess I need to get the green one according to customer service.

odin99 Oct 20, 2015 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by nutumiles (Post 25592404)

Inputs appreciated!

how do you identify the $0 fee Serves by the packaging? Pic? (i know what numbers to look for, but not what makes the packaging different)

Carl Oct 20, 2015 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by odin99 (Post 25593480)
how do you identify the $0 fee Serves by the packaging? Pic? (i know what numbers to look for, but not what makes the packaging different)

Read the fee disclosure on the package. The original one charges only for inactivity (except in certain states).

pritomd Oct 20, 2015 8:27 pm

I just got an email saying that my Serve shipped, but I also got another email saying that my OneVIP was activated. How is this possible if I haven't received my card yet? Is this expected? I saw someone else post this but wasn't sure if the answer was given on whether the fact that it gets activated at the same time it gets shipped was normal..

DaveInLA Oct 20, 2015 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by BussingIt (Post 25593471)
I got a new Blue Serve card and Walmart is charging 3.74 per load. I guess I need to get the green one according to customer service.

Can someone confirm that OneVIP has no load fees?

AndrewTheMan Oct 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 25593826)
Can someone confirm that OneVIP has no load fees?

Confirmed. Loads up to $2500/day unlike the BB.

AndrewTheMan Oct 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by pritomd (Post 25593699)
I just got an email saying that my Serve shipped, but I also got another email saying that my OneVIP was activated. How is this possible if I haven't received my card yet? Is this expected? I saw someone else post this but wasn't sure if the answer was given on whether the fact that it gets activated at the same time it gets shipped was normal..

Not sure if it's "normal" per se, but the same thing happen to me a few months back.. Not an issue.