FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

opmal7 Jul 23, 2015 8:02 am

I loaded my first $500 VGC on my Serve card via Walmart cashier. It went pretty smoothly. Now I'm wondering about ramping up.

What's the best way to load multiple VGC's via the register? Do you tell the cashier you're loading $2500 and pay with 5 different cards, or just ask to do 5 different transactions? Or should I just go through the line 5 times?

DVDBob Jul 23, 2015 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Vacationmile (Post 25158471)
Yes, it worked for me last month to meet min spending on SPG.

Originally Posted by fliesdelta (Post 25158680)
Perfect, thanks. That's exactly the card I'm interested in.

Thanks. Me too. I got a little worried though since the TOS says:
"Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents."

DVDBob Jul 23, 2015 8:22 am

Originally Posted by opmal7 (Post 25160472)
I loaded my first $500 VGC on my Serve card via Walmart cashier. It went pretty smoothly. Now I'm wondering about ramping up.

What's the best way to load multiple VGC's via the register? Do you tell the cashier you're loading $2500 and pay with 5 different cards, or just ask to do 5 different transactions? Or should I just go through the line 5 times?

The past few times I've tried, the register won't allow more than $1K. So if no one is behind me in line, I'll let them know I want to do 2 $1K transactions. If someone's in line, I do 1 and then go get in another line.

dgilligan02 Jul 23, 2015 9:25 am

RedBird back to Serve

So after having jumped from Serve to Redbird, I'm bringing one account back to Serve. Main reason is that the WM closest to me put in a Kate. And while it's not as close as Target, I do like the diversification of having Redbird and Serve as liquidation options.

Yesterday 7/22 I closed the Redbird account online, and received email confirming account closure. Last transaction was a transfer to another account for account balance, initiated/accepted on 7/17.

Today when I tried to sign up for new Serve account, the system denied saying I had a Redbird account. Anybody else coming back from Redbird run into this? I read some had problems if there were unsettled transactions (bill pays, etc) the caused their account not to close out, but that does not seem to be my case.

jlt19 Jul 23, 2015 9:57 am

Originally Posted by dgilligan02 (Post 25160929)
So after having jumped from Serve to Redbird, I'm bringing one account back to Serve. Main reason is that the WM closest to me put in a Kate. And while it's not as close as Target, I do like the diversification of having Redbird and Serve as liquidation options.

Yesterday 7/22 I closed the Redbird account online, and received email confirming account closure. Last transaction was a transfer to another account for account balance, initiated/accepted on 7/17.

Today when I tried to sign up for new Serve account, the system denied saying I had a Redbird account. Anybody else coming back from Redbird run into this? I read some had problems if there were unsettled transactions (bill pays, etc) the caused their account not to close out, but that does not seem to be my case.

I'd maybe wait another day and try again.

I closed my last RB on 7/21 by mailing myself a check. I have yet to receive the check (so obviously it's not cashed), but I was able to open a Serve just minutes ago w/o issue. Same SS#, same email, etc.

jlt19 Jul 23, 2015 9:59 am

Originally Posted by DVDBob (Post 25160551)
Thanks. Me too. I got a little worried though since the TOS says:
"Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents."

I wonder if that's new language? Maybe if someone has used gotten the bonus from SPG and still has their t&c's can verify? I've got an SPG in the mail as well!

DVDBob Jul 23, 2015 11:36 am

Originally Posted by jlt19 (Post 25161107)
I wonder if that's new language? Maybe if someone has used gotten the bonus from SPG and still has their t&c's can verify? I've got an SPG in the mail as well!

Unfortunately I need the miles to hit my account ASAP so I can't chance them not counting. I'll be buying SMGCs to meet min. spend just in case.

lkh5650 Jul 23, 2015 12:05 pm

i closed my redbird yesterday, tried signing up yesterday and today, got the same message as yours.

I am going to try to buy the temp card later today with two $200 vgcs, (split payments) at walmart and register it tomorrow.
will update u

sean79 Jul 24, 2015 1:07 pm

I saw at WALMART VGC 20-500 with $4.95 fee. Can I use them to load serve or redbird?

Mamibear Jul 24, 2015 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by sean79 (Post 25167595)
I saw at WALMART VGC 20-500 with $4.95 fee. Can I use them to load serve or redbird?

if it's the one issued by Sunrise bank, yes, you can load them to Serve; I have not tried loading them to RB, though but since they're Visa debit, they should load w/o issues.

sowhatwegetdrunk Jul 24, 2015 1:25 pm

Did something change at FD with regards to $500 per day load limit for the store? I just noticed that my SO has made 3 x $200 loads at the same FD on the same day couple of weeks ago.. PM if needed.. Thanks..

Lesfilles Jul 26, 2015 5:31 pm

Authorised user to help meet Min Spend

Hello - got a ?

Right now, I am doing the following for the Amex Biz

Amex Biz My card --> My Serve

To help expedite the min spend @ no cost, can I do the following

Amex Biz Authorized user --> His serve

Thanks

Mamibear Jul 26, 2015 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Lesfilles (Post 25176489)
Hello - got a ?

Right now, I am doing the following for the Amex Biz

Amex Biz My card --> My Serve

To help expedite the min spend @ no cost, can I do the following

Amex Biz Authorized user --> His serve

afaik, Amex primary and AU cards have different numbers and therefore, you can use them to load your 2 accounts to reach min spend quickly. Just know that you won't earn add'l rewards aside from meeting the min spend.

diseased Jul 27, 2015 1:05 am

Is there a $1000 limit per store rule now? Yesterday, I loaded 500 + 480 at one register and then tried to load another $500 at another register but it was declined. Today I went to a different WM, loaded the $500 + $495 at one register and tried to load $500 at another, declined. I've been declined in the past and had assumed it was because I was loading the same amount back-to-back, so I switched it up. Guess that doesn't work anymore.

airstairfear Jul 27, 2015 1:20 am

diseased- I've been "wrongly" declined in the past with the debit not approved message (or whatever the over-limit message is) when I did loads the previous day. Almost as if yesterdays's transactions counted against today's limit. Never did figure it out, but it's happened twice. MC CSRs couldn't even query my balance for me and they were quite confused.

Rooks Jul 27, 2015 5:27 am

I just closed one of my BB's and tried to switch to Serve and got the same message. I think we have to wait 30 days to open the account.

ghtjyjy Jul 27, 2015 8:57 am

Originally Posted by jason1991 (Post 25151742)
I have same problem

Is your problem solved? I noticed I can not add money, pay bills or transfer money. So it seems my account is restricted. But the technician can not finger out what is wrong with my account.

psykopath515 Jul 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Hi - I know the regular serve only accepts amex for credit card. What about debit?

Phantom707 Jul 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by psykopath515 (Post 25180209)
Hi - I know the regular serve only accepts amex for credit card. What about debit?

Visa or Mastercard.

nineworldseries Jul 27, 2015 3:07 pm

I can definitively confirm that Serve loads counted for minimum spend on both the Wells Fargo Propel World Amex and the Delta Gold Amex.

lkh5650 Jul 28, 2015 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Rooks (Post 25178253)
I just closed one of my BB's and tried to switch to Serve and got the same message. I think we have to wait 30 days to open the account.

I called Redcard and the represented me changed the phone number on my file (removed my cellphone number) and then asked me to sign up for serve using the same info that I used to sign up for redcard (opened the serve signup page using incoge mode) and it was successful!

ymarker Jul 28, 2015 6:07 pm

How are you guys loading >$5k/mos (or $10k w/spouse) @ kate.

Phantom707 Jul 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by ymarker (Post 25187686)
How are you guys loading >$5k/mos (or $10k w/spouse) @ kate.

Transaction limit: $1000
Daily limit: $2500
Monthly limit: $5000
Reading the wiki: priceless

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's Visa (because MasterCard debit cards are more difficult).

ymarker Jul 28, 2015 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707 (Post 25188220)
Transaction limit: $1000
Daily limit: $2500
Monthly limit: $5000
Reading the wiki: priceless

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's Visa (because MasterCard debit cards are more difficult).

I got the $5k monthly limit from wiki, just wondering how folks are churning more at Kate.

Amex For Children Of Africa Jul 28, 2015 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by ymarker (Post 25188552)
I got the $5k monthly limit from wiki, just wondering how folks are churning more at Kate.

They are not "churning" more at Kate, they are MSing using Kate to liquidate the gift cards(instead of dealing with the registers).

Mamibear Jul 29, 2015 6:28 am

Originally Posted by ymarker (Post 25188552)

another possibility is having a lot of prepaid cards to load using Kate. that means a lot of unique SSN on each card that comes from family members and friends.

Phantom707 Jul 29, 2015 9:57 pm

Anyone have experience paying a Citi credit card? In the payees, I see "CITI CARDS" as well as "CITIBANK CREDIT CARD". I really hope this is just a case of redundancy, but I wanted to make sure before I tried anything.

mrmandel Jul 29, 2015 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707 (Post 25193869)
Anyone have experience paying a Citi credit card? In the payees, I see "CITI CARDS" as well as "CITIBANK CREDIT CARD". I really hope this is just a case of redundancy, but I wanted to make sure before I tried anything.

I've paid CITI CARDS successfully for multiple accounts, so I'd use that.

Happy Jul 29, 2015 11:27 pm

When I added CITI CARDS the estimated delivery date is 5 days.

When I added CITIBANK CREDIT CARD the estimated delivery date is 3 days.

I use CITIBANK CREDIT CARD.

You can experiment to see the difference showing online.

mh1361 Jul 30, 2015 7:51 am

I've used citibank credit card for a while (and just did a couple days ago). Seems like both will work.

mh1361 Jul 30, 2015 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 25194110)
When I added CITI CARDS the estimated delivery date is 5 days.

When I added CITIBANK CREDIT CARD the estimated delivery date is 3 days.

I use CITIBANK CREDIT CARD.

You can experiment to see the difference showing online.

3 days? For online bill pay from Serve? All billpays have been next day delivery for me for a couple months now.

Mustache Jul 30, 2015 11:37 am

Is there a notification that occurs when your Serve account is frozen? I haven't been able to load GCs into mine on my last few attempts. The GCs are fine; I tried two different ones, and their transaction histories show the charges followed by reversals, and they still have their full balances. So I'm assuming this is a Serve problem, or maybe a WalMart problem? I've tried several different registers at two different WalMart locations over the space of about a week.

Brewer20 Jul 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mustache (Post 25196587)
Is there a notification that occurs when your Serve account is frozen? I haven't been able to load GCs into mine on my last few attempts. The GCs are fine; I tried two different ones, and their transaction histories show the charges followed by reversals, and they still have their full balances. So I'm assuming this is a Serve problem, or maybe a WalMart problem? I've tried several different registers at two different WalMart locations over the space of about a week.

Are you sure you haven't reached $5,000 on this card? I had the same issue, but when I went and totaled up my loads for the month, I had forgotten about some I did right at the beginning of July.

bkg101 Jul 30, 2015 4:26 pm

Use same email address at Serve as Redbird, BUT a different phone number.

Mamibear Jul 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Brewer20 (Post 25196788)
Are you sure you haven't reached $5,000 on this card? I had the same issue, but when I went and totaled up my loads for the month, I had forgotten about some I did right at the beginning of July.

I had this experience last week when I was trying to load $500 to Serve A using Kate and I kept getting the message "debit not authorized". I tried to load funds in another card and 2 $500s went through.

When I got home I checked the total I've loaded to card A and found out I was only $25 short of $5K for July :o Next day I tried to load same card and keyed in $25, it went through. Problem solved :)

Happy Jul 30, 2015 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by mh1361 (Post 25195445)
3 days? For online bill pay from Serve? All billpays have been next day delivery for me for a couple months now.

Sometimes it is next day but more often than not, it is 3 days. No idea why is that as I have seen 3 days even when the payment is done during business hours, so it is not like there is a cut-off time.

sowhatwegetdrunk Jul 31, 2015 12:53 am

Originally Posted by sowhatwegetdrunk (Post 25167695)
Did something change at FD with regards to $500 per day load limit for the store? I just noticed that my SO has made 3 x $200 loads at the same FD on the same day couple of weeks ago.. PM if needed.. Thanks..

Anyone have an answer? TIA

Mamibear Jul 31, 2015 7:41 am

Originally Posted by sowhatwegetdrunk (Post 25199777)
Anyone have an answer? TIA

read last few pages of Simon Mall GC thread.

bottomline: if you don't try, you won't find out if it works for you. but keep YMMV in mind all the time.

cbe20e Jul 31, 2015 8:01 am

Originally Posted by nineworldseries (Post 25181064)
I can definitively confirm that Serve loads counted for minimum spend on both the Wells Fargo Propel World Amex and the Delta Gold Amex.

I can confirm this as well for the WF Propel, however they are slow to provide the bonus points.

BrownHP800 Jul 31, 2015 1:59 pm

I went to load my Serve today at FD. I swiped my serve card and before I even got to swipe my VGC the register said "Invalid Merchant" Any ideas what the issue may be? I just loaded one the other day at FD with no problems.