FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

V6Jeep4x4 May 4, 2015 10:43 am

Originally Posted by sechs (Post 24760228)
I feel like Serve/Softcard is technically a separate product from regular ol' Serve, and we're getting grandfathered on a number of features.

Sucks for folks who cancelled to switch to Redbird....

Very few, if any, of the people who switch to Redbird regret it.

If Redbird stops credit card loading AND Serve/Softcard did, in fact, grandfather folks in, than people might.

cdancer20 May 4, 2015 11:02 am

Originally Posted by V6Jeep4x4 (Post 24763184)

If Redbird stops credit card loading AND Serve/Softcard did, in fact, grandfather folks in, than people might.

I would have regretted it. But that's b/c I value $1500/month online load & Amex Offers at a high enough level to offset the added cost of buying VGCs & RLs.

neony77 May 4, 2015 11:03 am

Anyone that loaded with US Air MC - your transaction post yet? I was able to load on 5/1 and it still hasn't posted .. I am waiting to make sure it posts as a transaction before doing the next 2 loads... thanks!

MaxVO May 4, 2015 11:05 am

Data point:
Loaded my Serve with WF AmEx Propel. It posted as a purchase, but earned no points. :(
My earlier CC links were removed by the bank, and I'm not able to put back any MC or V.

dickieducker May 4, 2015 11:56 am

Unfortunately, I have a non-softcard serve, so no go with non-Amex cards (and so far no luck with non-US Amex fwiw), but i did notice that it is actually stated (in fees section) that fee for loading from Amex card for Serve account is $0 but fee for loading from Amex/VisaMastercard/Discover is $0 for Softcard Serve account, so it seems the Softcard use of other cards is official for now.

travelerX2020 May 4, 2015 7:21 pm

is anyone using the usbank flex perks amex from online loading, and getting points?

foofiter May 4, 2015 7:30 pm

I have seen it asked but not yet confirmed: does loading with FIA invest rewards 2x amex still earn points?

I just got my card minutes ago and did a load. It took away available credit but not any of the CA line so I feel pretty good about it.

I will report back when mine clears but I am curious if anyone has data points from April 16th 2015 forward?

sechs May 4, 2015 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by neony77 (Post 24763302)
Anyone that loaded with US Air MC - your transaction post yet? I was able to load on 5/1 and it still hasn't posted .. I am waiting to make sure it posts as a transaction before doing the next 2 loads... thanks!

I just had all three loads from this month post on my Aviator card. Looks to be business as usual.

tracerit May 4, 2015 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by sechs (Post 24766813)
I just had all three loads from this month post on my Aviator card. Looks to be business as usual.

do you have Serve/Softcard(ISIS) as well?

nopoints May 5, 2015 10:11 am

Originally Posted by foofiter (Post 24766045)
I have seen it asked but not yet confirmed: does loading with FIA invest rewards 2x amex still earn points?

I just got my card minutes ago and did a load. It took away available credit but not any of the CA line so I feel pretty good about it.

I will report back when mine clears but I am curious if anyone has data points from April 16th 2015 forward?

I loaded a couple of times this month and the transactions which are no longer
in pending state show up in the pending rewards... So yes, it still works.

ucfzf10 May 5, 2015 10:16 am

Originally Posted by tracerit (Post 24766862)
do you have Serve/Softcard(ISIS) as well?

I use the Aviator/US Airways MC on my Softcard Serve & it posted as purchases this month.

JunkDiver May 5, 2015 12:07 pm

Can you fund Serve online with $200/day from an AmEx giftcard?

heyeaglefn May 5, 2015 12:22 pm

No and it is in the wiki.

crapz1 May 5, 2015 12:45 pm

Except if you read all the posts today, you'll see that Target will not be allowing any CC loads to RedBird on 5/6. Might be regional rollout but its coming. I'm glad to be grandfathered in under Softcard so I still do my $1500 online, but the main reason I never switched to RB is because I still value being able to load my cards at Kate. Imagine trying to get your local Target CSR to do 25 $200 loads each month.

iguanajm May 5, 2015 12:49 pm

i'm glad i didnt switch over to redbird!! however, in the future i might have to...

i have a soft serve, so currently non-amex is still working (for now). i live in SFO, so wm/fd is NOT convenient to get to....will need to hangout in the redbird thread to see if gc loading is possible. i've actually never tried these types of loads....

i'm also interested to see the prices falling for redbird on ebay. today i see BIN @ $13. Before it was around $21.

iguanajm May 5, 2015 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by crapz1 (Post 24769961)
Except if you read all the posts today, you'll see that Target will not be allowing any CC loads to RedBird on 5/6. Might be regional rollout but its coming. I'm glad to be grandfathered in under Softcard so I still do my $1500 online, but the main reason I never switched to RB is because I still value being able to load my cards at Kate. Imagine trying to get your local Target CSR to do 25 $200 loads each month.

What's Kate? (not in the wiki)

22calbr May 5, 2015 12:51 pm

+1

V6Jeep4x4 May 5, 2015 1:04 pm

Like I said, if Target stops allowing Credit Card loading, people will regret it (especially those that just switched May 1st)

Any one that switched months ago and got 8 months worth of Redbird is still OK with the decision.

$1500 at home is nice but hardly a game changer and anyone that wants to go back to Kate is certainly able to now.

chener May 5, 2015 1:20 pm

Anyone able to successfully re-instate their SoftServe card by calling CS?

V6Jeep4x4 May 5, 2015 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by V6Jeep4x4 (Post 24770080)
Like I said, if Target stops allowing Credit Card loading, people will regret it (especially those that just switched May 1st)

Any one that switched months ago and got 8 months worth of Redbird is still OK with the decision.

$1500 at home is nice but hardly a game changer and anyone that wants to go back to Kate is certainly able to now.

And, of course, this is all provided that the Vague reports are even true.

iguanajm May 5, 2015 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by V6Jeep4x4 (Post 24770218)
And, of course, this is all provided that the Vague reports are even true.

yep, tomorrow will be the true test.

What's kate?

FindAWay May 5, 2015 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by iguanajm (Post 24770009)
What's Kate? (not in the wiki)

Originally Posted by iguanajm (Post 24770229)
What's kate?

Kate is the name given to everyone's favorite cashier...she is not human.

Venomous West May 5, 2015 2:31 pm

Anyone know why I can't load my Serve with my Amex Hilton HHonors? After 2 successful loads in the previous days, on the 3rd load, it gives me "We're sorry, your card issuer declined this transaction. Please call the number on the back of your American Express card for additional information."

Does that mean I need to upload pics to Serve upload or do I need to call the Amex card itself?

iguanajm May 5, 2015 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay (Post 24770274)
Kate is the name given to everyone's favorite cashier...she is not human.

OMG, I was googling and everything....I knew it wasn't loading serve at the kate spade store. LOL

ranjanrocks May 5, 2015 2:52 pm

why is everyone talking about only $1500/mo ? i still see my arrival cards on both my serve accounts....that's easy 1.5k credit and 1.5k debit/mo

Mamibear May 5, 2015 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by chener (Post 24770177)
Anyone able to successfully re-instate their SoftServe card by calling CS?

I don't think this is possible. Softcard no longer exists; I think those who had their Serve accounts linked to it were just grandfathered to this policy (allow non amex loads + keep $1.5K limits to both CC and DC) which turned out to be in their favor.

chener May 5, 2015 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24770757)
I don't think this is possible. Softcard no longer exists; I think those who had their Serve accounts linked to it were just grandfathered to this policy (allow non amex loads + keep $1.5K limits to both CC and DC) which turned out to be in their favor.

What I meant was, Amex Serve had a policy of re-activating accounts within 30 days of an account closing. I'm wondering if anyone was successful in getting their Serve accounts re-opened after already creating a Redbird account.

Kicking myself for not reading T&C myself instead of following the masses.

If you signed up for American Express Serve through Softcard™, the following applies:
  • $0 monthly fee
  • $0 to add money using a Credit Card2
  • $0 ATM Withdrawal fee at MoneyPass® ATMs
  • $2 ATM Withdrawal fee at non-MoneyPass ATMs.4 ATM operator fees may apply.
All other American Express Serve fees apply. See chart above.

Mamibear May 5, 2015 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by chener (Post 24770810)
What I meant was, Amex Serve had a policy of re-activating accounts within 30 days of an account closing. I'm wondering if anyone was successful in getting their Serve accounts re-opened after already creating a Redbird account.

Kicking myself for not reading T&C myself instead of following the masses.

hindsight is 20/20, nothing you can do now but hope for the best.

you can try but IME dealing with Serve CS, most often than not, I knew a lot more about the T&C than they know. hopefully, you get a supervisor who can restore your account.

papilini05 May 5, 2015 7:03 pm

VISA GC from giftcards.com not working at Walmart?

Today I went to my local Walmart where Kate usually is operating. To my surprise it wasn't working. I got in line to manually load my Serve account. Cashier asks me what type of card is it I said "debit card" . We proceed with the transaction and the machine quickly generates a receipt with tender not allowed. She tried it again with the same results. The gift card is issued by bankcorp. Any data points on this issue?

bigugly May 5, 2015 7:12 pm

You will find the the answers you seek

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...2015-a-82.html

Mamibear May 5, 2015 7:17 pm

were you loading a vanilla visa debit? if yes and you were loading $50 or more, that's the reason why you got that error message. if not, you may have to provide more details.

papilini05 May 5, 2015 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by bigugly (Post 24771950)
You will find the the answers you seek

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...2015-a-82.html

So possibly wrong pin ah? I will try again then.

Light May 5, 2015 8:11 pm

I'm needing to switch my RB.

Serve/BlueBird both seem to offer the same perks except for Bluebird offering checks.

Does it even matter which one I get if I don't care for the check feature? Serve just has the option of also being loadable at Family Dollar but that's limited to 500 per store, anyway.

psykopath515 May 5, 2015 8:11 pm

Can you reopen a closed Serve account?

Phantom707 May 5, 2015 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by psykopath515 (Post 24772184)
Can you reopen a closed Serve account?

Read the previous page and you'll find clues. When did you close your account? I hate that I'm turning cynical like this, but at least read one page.

sungchiahao May 5, 2015 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Light (Post 24772183)
I'm needing to switch my RB.

Serve/BlueBird both seem to offer the same perks except for Bluebird offering checks.

Does it even matter which one I get if I don't care for the check feature? Serve just has the option of also being loadable at Family Dollar but that's limited to 500 per store, anyway.

Also interested in this question.

sechs May 5, 2015 10:30 pm

Like I said....

sechs May 5, 2015 10:34 pm

Read the wiki before posting a question.
It's a literacy test that's easy to pass.

V6Jeep4x4 May 5, 2015 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by sechs (Post 24772821)
Like I said....

Like I said, Unless Target stopped taking credit cards, which seems to be happening. No one is going to argue now. If you switched away from Softcard serve last month, you made a mistake. If you switched, 8 months ago, you still didn't. (If you are only looking at fee free MS)

JudyJFLA May 6, 2015 12:03 am

Originally Posted by iguanajm (Post 24770229)
yep, tomorrow will be the true test.

What's kate?

Kiosk At The Entrance......