FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

rfclub Dec 25, 2015 6:17 pm

however, I successfully linked an amex card.
is it amex close the loophole for soft serve?

DrForce Dec 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by cashcow (Post 25916045)
Anyone else recently use a Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa?

My CA limit is set at $200. I just loaded my Softserve for $500 using that card. My CA limit lowered $200, and my total available credit lowered by $500. There is no possibility of the $500 load being coded as a CA with my limit set at $200, right?

I would say you are correct. Serve transactions on this card have typically posted as a cash advance in the past. Please let us know if it posts as a purchase as this would be a new (and much more recent) data point on this card.

Jim Jdr Dec 26, 2015 8:01 am

I just got off the phone with amex serve over my isis / softcard serve account and they wont correct the monthly debit card load limit, as mine is limited to $1000 per month where everyone says theirs is $1500 and the net even lists $1500 for softcard serve. Does anyone know of where the original isis / softcard serve account user agreement can be acquired or actual documentation that amex serve released to the public which shows the monthly limits for debit card loads to a isis / softcard serve account is $1500 per month ?

This is just crap the first time the agent put me on hold with saying nothing about it and never returned I was on hold for a half hour before hanging up and calling again only to go around and around with them saying all serve accounts have a $1000 a month debit card load limit which we all know its supposed to be $1500 I even went around and around with a supervisor that claimed the same all serve is $1000

I want to gather proof as its a load of crap that they wont fix it but its bull that they lowered my limit on me in the first place when they were not supposed to.

ZzzzX Dec 27, 2015 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Jim Jdr (Post 25917604)
I just got off the phone with amex serve over my isis / softcard serve account and they wont correct the monthly debit card load limit, as mine is limited to $1000 per month where everyone says theirs is $1500 and the net even lists $1500 for softcard serve. Does anyone know of where the original isis / softcard serve account user agreement can be acquired or actual documentation that amex serve released to the public which shows the monthly limits for debit card loads to a isis / softcard serve account is $1500 per month ?

This is just crap the first time the agent put me on hold with saying nothing about it and never returned I was on hold for a half hour before hanging up and calling again only to go around and around with them saying all serve accounts have a $1000 a month debit card load limit which we all know its supposed to be $1500 I even went around and around with a supervisor that claimed the same all serve is $1000

I want to gather proof as its a load of crap that they wont fix it but its bull that they lowered my limit on me in the first place when they were not supposed to.

If you have a plat or PRG try calling that number first. Serve, bb, Blue cards are routed to (usually) terrible csrs.

Phantom707 Dec 27, 2015 9:08 am

Soft card limits are here. https://serve.com/legal/Serve/#limits

How did your account get limited in the first place?

cashcow Dec 27, 2015 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by DrForce (Post 25916590)
I would say you are correct. Serve transactions on this card have typically posted as a cash advance in the past. Please let us know if it posts as a purchase as this would be a new (and much more recent) data point on this card.

My $200 cash advance line still shows $0 as available, but the $500 Serve load has posted to my BofA Travel Rewards account as:

12/26/2015 - AMERICAN EXPRESS SERVE ST8009540559 FL
Transaction date: 12/25/2015
Card type: Visa
Transaction type: Purchases
Merchant description: BUYING/SHOPPING SERVICES, CLUBS

sungchiahao Dec 27, 2015 4:36 pm

I am trying to sign up for VIP serve, but I kept getting "Unable to approve at this time". I have not had Serve product before, but my family used the same address for a serve card, I didn't think that would made it difficult. Should I keep trying?

rasgueado Dec 27, 2015 8:17 pm

Newb question here but hopefully this is the right thread! I've successfully loaded VGCs to my OneVIP Serve a few times now (MetaBank VGCs, loaded at RiteAid no problem). Now I need to get that money off Serve. It seems like my options, along with possible worries, are:

1) Use it to pay a bill like rent. Sounds good, but not helpful if you have more on Serve than you have in bills.
2) Bill pay a credit card. I'd be worried that the bank would me buying $2000 from Simons Malls and then paying off $2000 of their bills!
3) Mail a check to myself. Read that this might get your Serve shut down, as it's marketed towards people without bank accounts.
4) Bank transfer to myself. Same problem.
5) Withdraw cash from an ATM. Actually not 100% sure if this is possible, or if it's problematic (besides the $750/day limit).

What advice do people have?

Carl Dec 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by rasgueado (Post 25923408)
Newb question here but hopefully this is the right thread! I've successfully loaded VGCs to my OneVIP Serve a few times now (MetaBank VGCs, loaded at RiteAid no problem). Now I need to get that money off Serve. It seems like my options, along with possible worries, are:

1) Use it to pay a bill like rent. Sounds good, but not helpful if you have more on Serve than you have in bills.
2) Bill pay a credit card. I'd be worried that the bank would me buying $2000 from Simons Malls and then paying off $2000 of their bills!
3) Mail a check to myself. Read that this might get your Serve shut down, as it's marketed towards people without bank accounts.
4) Bank transfer to myself. Same problem.
5) Withdraw cash from an ATM. Actually not 100% sure if this is possible, or if it's problematic (besides the $750/day limit).

What advice do people have?

Bills are paid electronically via Fiserv, which most financial institutions use, so I don't imagine the recipient has any idea where the payment originated.

I've used transfers to a linked bank account to meet monthly direct deposit requirement.

I've also withdrawn cash (up to $2k over a weekend) when I need to pay a bill sooner than bill pay will happen (like on holiday weekends). I've minimized doing this as much as possible, mainly since I despise handling cash (but also figure it would raise flags if practiced long term).

rasgueado Dec 27, 2015 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Carl (Post 25923508)
Bills are paid electronically via Fiserv, which most financial institutions use, so I don't imagine the recipient has any idea where the payment originated.

I've used transfers to a linked bank account to meet monthly direct deposit requirement.

I've also withdrawn cash (up to $2k over a weekend) when I need to pay a bill sooner than bill pay will happen (like on holiday weekends). I've minimized doing this as much as possible, mainly since I despise handling cash (but also figure it would raise flags if practiced long term).

Thanks Carl! This is really helpful.

As for bill pay, what I'd read is that you pay off a CC by having a check mailed to the bank. I guess that's mistaken, or at least not the best way to do things?

Carl Dec 27, 2015 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by rasgueado (Post 25923521)
Thanks Carl! This is really helpful.

As for bill pay, what I'd read is that you pay off a CC by having a check mailed to the bank. I guess that's mistaken, or at least not the best way to do things?

You could do that, but it would take much longer than paying electronically. Payments are typically credited the next business day as long as the payment is scheduled early enough (7pm ET for some payees and 9pm for others). The system will tell you the delivery date before you submit (and most payments can be edited or cancelled even after you submit as long as it's before the daily cutoff for that payee). The delivery date has always been accurate for me, except that some payees (Amex and CapOne, maybe?) receive payments on the weekend, so sometimes payments initiated Friday will actually post sooner than Monday.

DrForce Dec 28, 2015 5:26 am

Originally Posted by cashcow (Post 25921786)
My $200 cash advance line still shows $0 as available, but the $500 Serve load has posted to my BofA Travel Rewards account as:

12/26/2015 - AMERICAN EXPRESS SERVE ST8009540559 FL
Transaction date: 12/25/2015
Card type: Visa
Transaction type: Purchases
Merchant description: BUYING/SHOPPING SERVICES, CLUBS

That's an interesting and exciting development. If you have the preferred rewards platinum honors status, this is likely the most lucrative card to load softcard serve with now. Thanks for sharing the data point.

popomama Dec 28, 2015 9:17 am

I am an AU on Fidelity Amex card(my husband is the primary card holder).
Now, I am going to link the FID Amex to my Serve account. Is this a problem? (My husband doesn't have Serve account at all.)

mh1361 Dec 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by popomama (Post 25925421)
I am an AU on Fidelity Amex card(my husband is the primary card holder).
Now, I am going to link the FID Amex to my Serve account. Is this a problem? (My husband doesn't have Serve account at all.)

No, not a problem.

Hemera Dec 28, 2015 5:28 pm

From REDcard without love

I finally decided to migrate from REDcard to Serve. What is the most painless migration?
- Can I just close REDcard by email?
- How many days should I wait before I open Serve?
- Can I use the same email address and telephone if I wait long enough?

I am not in a hurry and would rather avoid hassle. Thanks!