FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

David_ Feb 27, 15 12:06 pm

No problem loading a VGC with Kate this morning in Texas.

porphyra Feb 27, 15 2:28 pm

So today, I called Chase for some unrelated questions on my monthly statement. I have the Ritz-Carlton Rewards card. The agent after resolving my issue proceeded to tell me the following:

"I notice you have some Serve withdrawals on your account. You were lucky that they posted as a purchase and not as a cash advance. I just want to warn you that next time they will likely post as cash advance and I don't want you to get caught paying interest. Please keep it in mind next time".

Do you think there is any merit to what she said or simple scare mongering to dissuade CC loading of the Serve. It is only $1000 a month so not sure why they'd make a big fuss over it.

ttlmmky Feb 27, 15 3:09 pm

Was at FD about an hour ago - a $500 load failed, and so did $300. But $200 went through. What kind of a glitch is this?

crapz1 Feb 27, 15 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by ttlmmky (Post 24426925)
Was at FD about an hour ago - a $500 load failed, and so did $300. But $200 went through. What kind of a glitch is this?

You sure you didn't already load $4800 this month?

knowledgeispower Feb 27, 15 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by porphyra (Post 24426713)
So today, I called Chase for some unrelated questions on my monthly statement. I have the Ritz-Carlton Rewards card. The agent after resolving my issue proceeded to tell me the following:

"I notice you have some Serve withdrawals on your account. You were lucky that they posted as a purchase and not as a cash advance. I just want to warn you that next time they will likely post as cash advance and I don't want you to get caught paying interest. Please keep it in mind next time".

Do you think there is any merit to what she said or simple scare mongering to dissuade CC loading of the Serve. It is only $1000 a month so not sure why they'd make a big fuss over it.

Good question! I have no idea...when was the last time someone tried using a Chase card to load something on these forums? Has anyone done so recently without issue?

22calbr Feb 27, 15 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by knowledgeispower (Post 24427379)
Good question! I have no idea...when was the last time someone tried using a Chase card to load something on these forums? Has anyone done so recently without issue?

The fifth day of feb lol. No cash advances so far. If there are any i will update the thread in early March.

kenme1 Feb 27, 15 8:36 pm

Data point, loaded $5k worth of SM GC onto Serve at WM withut any issues.

hoak Feb 27, 15 9:28 pm

Quick question: if I have like 4 VGC , $200 each amd want to load at register, should I tell the cashier to put in the sum of $800 or $200 each time?

AK321 Feb 28, 15 5:17 am

Had loaded about a week ago using a Chase card and there was no issue.

vishalp0826 Feb 28, 15 8:09 am

maxed out on the cc load this month using the southwest plus cc, no issues

bayhouse Feb 28, 15 8:45 am

my cat maxed out the load on my serve cat. i immediately gave him away to a friend and found a better grey cat.

Mamibear Feb 28, 15 8:47 am

Originally Posted by hoak (Post 24428253)
Quick question: if I have like 4 VGC , $200 each amd want to load at register, should I tell the cashier to put in the sum of $800 or $200 each time?

You're better off doing $200 loads at a time and get 4 receipts rather than doing split tender, which, most often leads to complications when cashier pushes the wrong button. But that's your choice.

If store isn't busy and there's no line forming, you can do 4 separate transactions with same cashier DEPENDING on how you gauge his/her cooperation/friendliness. It's better to go to another cashier if you see the cashier is grumpy.

dogbyte Feb 28, 15 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24430038)
You're better off doing $200 loads at a time and get 4 receipts rather than doing split tender, which, most often leads to complications when cashier pushes the wrong button. But that's your choice.

If store isn't busy and there's no line forming, you can do 4 separate transactions with same cashier DEPENDING on how you gauge his/her cooperation/friendliness. It's better to go to another cashier if you see the cashier is grumpy.

You also can't do a $800 load using 4 $200 cards since WM only allows a maximum of 4 different cards. The card that you are loading on counts as one, meaning you can only use 3 other cards after that.

Taco Island Feb 28, 15 1:53 pm

No issues today loading at a Kate with a VGC.

VegasGambler Feb 28, 15 4:32 pm

For online CC loads, when does the monthly limit reset? Is it the 1st of the month, or your monthly fee date, or a rolling window (ie, they fall off on the same day, 1 month later)?

cloudybw Feb 28, 15 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 24431889)
For online CC loads, when does the monthly limit reset? Is it the 1st of the month, or your monthly fee date, or a rolling window (ie, they fall off on the same day, 1 month later)?

12:00 AM Eastern Time, 1st day of the calendar month

VegasGambler Feb 28, 15 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by cloudybw (Post 24432301)
12:00 AM Eastern Time, 1st day of the calendar month

Perfect, thanks. My card arrived today (Feb 28) and I activated it and made my first CC load. Since the reset is on the 1st of the month, it means that it doesn't matter when in March I make my March loads -- I can wait until the charge posts to my CC (I just want to be sure that it really is a purchase and not a CA -- that way if something unexpected happens I'll be stuck with one CA fee, not 6)

JW008 Mar 1, 15 6:28 am

With all the rumors circulating, has anyone tried loading at Walmart this morning? I'll head out in a couple of hours and try it myself.

ZzzzX Mar 1, 15 7:11 am

Originally Posted by JW008 (Post 24433978)
With all the rumors circulating, has anyone tried loading at Walmart this morning? I'll head out in a couple of hours and try it myself.

Loads went fine yesterday afternoon.

kiltedflyer Mar 1, 15 8:15 am

Originally Posted by ZzzzX (Post 24434131)
Loads went fine yesterday afternoon.

+1

Preacher7 Mar 1, 15 8:37 am

Well, it's a new month. With all the concerning posts recently, I'm wondering if anyone has yet tried out things in these 2 regards:

1. Are you still able to load your Serve card at WM with Staples GC and Sunnies?

2. Are Chase cards still coding as purchases and not CA for online loads?

Just checking...

ngoc92 Mar 1, 15 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7 (Post 24434475)
Well, it's a new month. With all the concerning posts recently, I'm wondering if anyone has yet tried out things in these 2 regards:

1. Are you still able to load your Serve card at WM with Staples GC and Sunnies?

2. Are Chase cards still coding as purchases and not CA for online loads?

Just checking...

I did an online load using Ink plus today. The CA limit didnt go down.

Update: I checked again and it did go down by 200.

knowledgeispower Mar 1, 15 9:32 am

Originally Posted by ngoc92 (Post 24434577)
I did an online load using Ink plus today. The CA limit didnt go down.

Is that normal? I thought it's supposed to go down and then return to normal after it posts as a purchase.

ngoc92 Mar 1, 15 9:46 am

Originally Posted by knowledgeispower (Post 24434672)
Is that normal? I thought it's supposed to go down and then return to normal after it posts as a purchase.

Okay. I checked the account again and the CA limit went down by 200. So I guess it's normal. The limit will return to normal after the purchase posts

Taco Island Mar 1, 15 1:16 pm

No problems loading today with a VGC.

Nelumbo Mar 1, 15 6:49 pm

Loading with VGCs today was as smooth as usual.

xinfamousxi Mar 1, 15 10:07 pm

I read this 4 times and still do not know what to do, lol

Phantom707 Mar 1, 15 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by xinfamousxi (Post 24437961)
I read this 4 times and still do not know what to do, lol

What are you trying to do? Maybe we can be of help. The more specific you are, the better.

danpeake Mar 2, 15 8:30 am

Sorry for the silly question, but just want to be 100% sure: In a given calendar month can I add $5,000 at WM (via debit card loads), $1,000 online via a credit card on the Serve website, AND $1,000 via a "real" debit card online via the serve website.

For some reason I was thinking the TOTAL of those 3 was $5,000 but the Wiki says otherwise so I just want to be certain.

Thanks!

mh1361 Mar 2, 15 8:37 am

Originally Posted by danpeake (Post 24439966)
Sorry for the silly question, but just want to be 100% sure: In a given calendar month can I add $5,000 at WM (via debit card loads), $1,000 online via a credit card on the Serve website, AND $1,000 via a "real" debit card online via the serve website.

For some reason I was thinking the TOTAL of those 3 was $5,000 but the Wiki says otherwise so I just want to be certain.

Thanks!

Correct, they are separate.

danpeake Mar 2, 15 8:42 am

Originally Posted by mh1361 (Post 24440014)
Correct, they are separate.

Thank you

vin58 Mar 2, 15 2:22 pm

I always thought 1000 was a combined limit for online loads both debit and credit. glad to know it is seperate. one good use of my ST.:-:

dchou Mar 2, 15 4:27 pm

Has anyone had problems with loading in Family Dollars? I tried 3 times today and it was all declined by the system.

ttlmmky Mar 2, 15 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by dchou (Post 24442924)
Has anyone had problems with loading in Family Dollars? I tried 3 times today and it was all declined by the system.

How far did you get? Are you sure no one loaded before you? I loaded fine today.

knowledgeispower Mar 2, 15 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by ngoc92 (Post 24434737)
Okay. I checked the account again and the CA limit went down by 200. So I guess it's normal. The limit will return to normal after the purchase posts

Hopefully! That is my hope as well as it has in the past. Never know when they'll switch it up on us...

Beetlesauce Mar 2, 15 7:56 pm

So, I've never used Reloadit before and recently bought a $25 pack with a credit card to try out and load to my Amex Serve account. Completed successfully. Although heart skipped a bit when I added $25 to my $22.10 Serve balance and Reloadit said "your prepaid card was successfully loaded and the new balance is $4,710.00. Really? I'll take that. Turns out it was actually $47.10 after I checked. Programming error on reloadit's part, I guess.

As long as I can purchase the reloadit cards with a credit card, it looks like this will be my go to method now since it allows up to $5,000 cash load per month. This is in addition to the CC online load. Took 15 secs to load once I got home and instant verification on Amex Serve. No need to deal with Walmart or other VGC loads.

Any Reloadit pitfalls to watch out for?

mediator Mar 2, 15 9:08 pm

With the upcoming Google take over, will Serve abolish the extra Softcard load limit?

sam_goh Mar 3, 15 3:16 am

What's the maximum you can withdraw to a checking account from serve? Was hoping to load 5K from 200 VGCs, another $1K from CC loads, and then $2K + $2K from two other serve accounts. Withdraw 10K out to WF bank account. Any idea? More Less?

Lumpylump76 Mar 3, 15 6:04 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh (Post 24445120)
What's the maximum you can withdraw to a checking account from serve? Was hoping to load 5K from 200 VGCs, another $1K from CC loads, and then $2K + $2K from two other serve accounts. Withdraw 10K out to WF bank account. Any idea? More Less?

Depositing 10k cash regularly into a bank account is asking to be investigated for Money Laundering.

hamokmonky Mar 3, 15 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76 (Post 24445658)
Depositing 10k cash regularly into a bank account is asking to be investigated for Money Laundering.

withdrawing to a checking account does not necessarily = depositing cash.