FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

FSG378 Feb 24, 15 8:55 pm

The non-vanilla Visa issued by US Bank that found at Kroger should work at Walmart. I have no problem at all. You need to set up the pin # by calling customer support first.

Also, you can try to purchase mo from Kroger using any vanilla or non-vanilla Visa. Though half of the CS employees will question if you use a VGC or not.


Originally Posted by nicklesprout (Post 24317957)
Hi all, i am trying to manufacture grocery store spend on my Chase Freedom by buying Visa Gift Cards from the grocery store and loading them onto Serve. I have seem to hit a wall. The only VGC's i've been able to load to SErve at Family Dollar are the Vanilla Visas. The non-vanilla Visa issued by US Bank do not load at Family Dollar. I get a 'allowable pin tries exceeded' or something error. As well, non-vanilla visas will not load to SErve at Walmart for me either. I cannot seem to find any vanilla visas at the grocery stores near me. Does anyone know what is going on, and what my other options are to be able to load serve with grocery store gift cards that are available? or perhaps a different way to manufacture spend from a grocery store? could i get one of the reloadable paypal cards with a credit card, and then load that to my paypal account and then withdraw those funds into my bank account? any help is appreciated. thanks!


Chasepoints Feb 25, 15 12:44 pm

Serve Load Failure
 
I attempted to load a $500 VGC onto my Serve account using the kiosk. Everything went through like normal until I looked at the receipt - "DEBIT NOT APPROVED VENDOR DOWN". Anyone know what this means? Thanks for your help.

DutchRyan Feb 25, 15 1:18 pm


Originally Posted by Chasepoints (Post 24414057)
I attempted to load a $500 VGC onto my Serve account using the kiosk. Everything went through like normal until I looked at the receipt - "DEBIT NOT APPROVED VENDOR DOWN". Anyone know what this means? Thanks for your help.

Had a similar issue today after loading Serve with no issues yesterday. Tried three different lanes at Walmart and got a 'transaction timed out' error message even though the pin pad showed 'accepted'. Hope this isn't the end of an Era.

Dad to GO Feb 25, 15 1:42 pm

Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015)
 
Im having issues. Just says host time out.

*I was able to get 2 MO without issue.

VegasGambler Feb 25, 15 1:43 pm

In the wiki it says that online debit loads with VGCs is not allowed. It also says that it may work at first but eventually your account will be "flagged". My question is, what are the consequences of being "flagged"? Is this a shutdown, or just being asked not to do it again? Are there any real adverse consequences?

fightonsc Feb 25, 15 1:59 pm


Originally Posted by Chasepoints (Post 24414057)
I attempted to load a $500 VGC onto my Serve account using the kiosk. Everything went through like normal until I looked at the receipt - "DEBIT NOT APPROVED VENDOR DOWN". Anyone know what this means? Thanks for your help.


Originally Posted by DutchRyan (Post 24414238)
Had a similar issue today after loading Serve with no issues yesterday. Tried three different lanes at Walmart and got a 'transaction timed out' error message even though the pin pad showed 'accepted'. Hope this isn't the end of an Era.

Likewise. Went to local Walmart and had cashier attempt to load my Serve card with a $200 Visa Gift Card. DEBIT NOT APPROVED.

rtraveler Feb 25, 15 2:09 pm


Originally Posted by fightonsc (Post 24414512)
Likewise. Went to local Walmart and had cashier attempt to load my Serve card with a $200 Visa Gift Card. DEBIT NOT APPROVED.

For those that have had problems loading your Serve. Can you post what state you live in so we can see if there is a pattern?

ChrisFlyer66 Feb 25, 15 2:10 pm


Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 24414392)
In the wiki it says that online debit loads with VGCs is not allowed. It also says that it may work at first but eventually your account will be "flagged". My question is, what are the consequences of being "flagged"? Is this a shutdown, or just being asked not to do it again? Are there any real adverse consequences?

I think they permanently take away your ability to load online.

kchockeyfan Feb 25, 15 2:30 pm


Originally Posted by rtraveler (Post 24414589)
For those that have had problems loading your Serve. Can you post what state you live in so we can see if there is a pattern?

Had the same issue in KS got DEBIT NOT APPROVED/HOST TIMEOUT on 3 out of the 4 cards I tried.

Dad to GO Feb 25, 15 2:32 pm

I don't know/think that this is a "sky is falling" type thing. Here is what I experienced today. (Yesterday I had no problems)

- Was able to load 1 $500 GC to serve. After that I would get a host time out receipt. This was at both Kate and Register. **It said nothing about Debit not approved... only host timeout

- I was able to get MO's at 2 different WMs after that without any issues.

Chasepoints Feb 25, 15 2:34 pm


Originally Posted by rtraveler (Post 24414589)
For those that have had problems loading your Serve. Can you post what state you live in so we can see if there is a pattern?

Missouri

VegasGambler Feb 25, 15 2:56 pm


Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66 (Post 24414595)
I think they permanently take away your ability to load online.

Oh, that is pretty adverse. I guess I won't be trying that, then.

iahphx Feb 25, 15 3:07 pm

I got the same error messages at a Philly-area Walmart trying to load both a Serve and Bluebird card with the usual Metabank cards. Something is obviously wrong. Hopefully, it's just a technical glitch and not "policy."

skierinvermont Feb 25, 15 3:11 pm

US Bank
 
I went 1 for 2 with $500 USB cards today on Kate. Debit not approved. Tried the 2nd card multiple times. Hope it's a glitch.

clockhand Feb 25, 15 3:14 pm

Sounds like all Amex prepaid cards are having some loading issue today?

Jddc4b Feb 25, 15 3:33 pm


Originally Posted by clockhand (Post 24415015)
Sounds like all Amex prepaid cards are having some loading issue today?

I think you're right. Tried two different Walmarts in MO and IL, timed out on multiple Metabank gift cards. Went to target to load my Redbird with a Chase CC, timeout error also.

iahphx Feb 25, 15 5:04 pm


Originally Posted by Jddc4b (Post 24415123)
I think you're right. Tried two different Walmarts in MO and IL, timed out on multiple Metabank gift cards. Went to target to load my Redbird with a Chase CC, timeout error also.

That's actually encouraging, as it sounds like a technical glitch and not a policy change.

It would certainly be helpful if folks could post their experiences in the next 24 hours. I was trying to wrap up my monthly loads; I'd rather not return until I know the problem is fixed.

bigugly Feb 25, 15 6:00 pm

Loading serve worked beautifully in NC this afternoon. Metas and Sunnies.

lovenola Feb 25, 15 6:06 pm

Failed in VA at the kiosk and the register for loading Serve. Tried 5 times. Also tried to load serve for $10 with my ATM card from a credit union checking account. That failed too. I also failed last night in buying money orders with VGC's at the same WMT. All transactions produced the same results with the message "debit not authorized host timeout"

pointchaser93 Feb 25, 15 6:10 pm

Mixed results
 
Data point in Ohio.

Went to load at Kate with VGCs and was successful only with 1/4 cards with the others getting the host timeout message. Went to CS desk and got 2 more loaded. 4th card got declined so I'm hoping we learn the nature of the issue before I return. Since some are being accepted it seems like a glitch not a policy (would expect 0% success if it were policy).

mpeachbill Feb 25, 15 9:04 pm

Montana.

Same issues - Host timeout. Got a couple cards to load at register, then failed.

fightonsc Feb 25, 15 11:11 pm


Originally Posted by rtraveler (Post 24414589)
For those that have had problems loading your Serve. Can you post what state you live in so we can see if there is a pattern?

Southern California

StartinSanDiego Feb 26, 15 7:39 am

Redcards, Bluebirds and Serves all having problems loading yesterday.

ZBigFam Feb 26, 15 8:57 am

anyone had success loading their serve with reloadit lately? just tried to no avail.

ttlmmky Feb 26, 15 9:09 am


Originally Posted by ZBigFam (Post 24418924)
anyone had success loading their serve with reloadit lately? just tried to no avail.

Looks like all loading to Serve, Bluebird and Prepaid RedCard is either shut off or very intermittent at the moment. I tried at FD about 30 min ago and couldn't even get to the point where I swipe my debit card.

ZBigFam Feb 26, 15 9:21 am

Thanks..was wondering if people had still been able to load serve with their reloadits lately (before all the system issues). I hadn't tried since last month.

ttlmmky Feb 26, 15 9:26 am


Originally Posted by ZBigFam (Post 24419077)
Thanks..was wondering if people had still been able to load serve with their reloadits lately (before all the system issues). I hadn't tried since last month.

I was able to earlier in the month

ZBigFam Feb 26, 15 9:28 am


Originally Posted by ttlmmky (Post 24419107)
I was able to earlier in the month

thanks. will wait out the insanity. don't want to overload my TMO card with reloadits after my last shut down so balancing between serve and TMO.

mamak04 Feb 26, 15 10:51 am

Just confirmed via chat with AMEX - Serve reloads do not count towards minimum spend
 
Here to provide my data point during my online chat with Amex today regarding my SPG account. I was told by the CS that the serve reloads do not account for the minimum spending (refuting post #434 based on wiki).

Has others recently experienced this differently?

mamak04 Feb 26, 15 11:31 am

PS: I know the rule of no contact with the CC companies, but I was asking about my missing starwood points and wanting to make sure I meet my minimum spending on time.

f0xx Feb 26, 15 12:07 pm


Originally Posted by mamak04 (Post 24419870)
PS: I know the rule of no contact with the CC companies, but I was asking about my missing starwood points and wanting to make sure I meet my minimum spending on time.

No you don't.

ZBigFam Feb 26, 15 12:30 pm


Originally Posted by mamak04 (Post 24419600)
Here to provide my data point during my online chat with Amex today regarding my SPG account. I was told by the CS that the serve reloads do not account for the minimum spending (refuting post #434 based on wiki).

Has others recently experienced this differently?

ultimate face palm here...

f0xx Feb 26, 15 12:46 pm


Originally Posted by ZBigFam (Post 24420265)
ultimate face palm here...

Especially since the wiki states the following:


Treated as purchase, but doesn't earn points/miles:
American Express (Should still count toward minimum spend -- seepost #434)
However why in the world would you believe the Wiki?

joroyal Feb 26, 15 1:14 pm


Originally Posted by fightonsc (Post 24416999)
Southern California

Tried to load in Southern California today at 1030AM - the system was still down...

esaep Feb 26, 15 1:52 pm


Originally Posted by Dad to GO (Post 24414736)
I don't know/think that this is a "sky is falling"
type thing. Here is what I experienced today. (Yesterday I had no problems)

- Was able to load 1 $500 GC to serve. After that I would get a host time out receipt. This was at both Kate and Register. **It said nothing about Debit not approved... only host timeout

- I was able to get MO's at 2 different WMs after that without any issues.

I called bluebird customer service they said there is some technical issues(server problems) between Walmart and Blue Bird. They said they are working on it to fix it.

pointchaser93 Feb 26, 15 5:13 pm


Originally Posted by pointchaser93 (Post 24415888)
Data point in Ohio.

Went to load at Kate with VGCs and was successful only with 1/4 cards with the others getting the host timeout message. Went to CS desk and got 2 more loaded. 4th card got declined so I'm hoping we learn the nature of the issue before I return. Since some are being accepted it seems like a glitch not a policy (would expect 0% success if it were policy).

Update: I was able to load BB with a MBVGC today at an old Kate (same one that gave me the problems yesterday). Funny thing was, when I walked up someone had left a bunch of the printouts on the machine displaying the timout error and related errors. Thought I was doomed for sure, but it worked first try.

krazykanuck Feb 26, 15 6:23 pm

You know you are doing this too much when the Family Dollar guy asks "$500?" when he sees me at the register. :D

skierinvermont Feb 26, 15 8:32 pm

I don't think I'm getting the timeout error. It's error 75 saying it's the wrong tender.

Rehan Feb 26, 15 8:46 pm

Loaded 2x $500 VGCs on Serve at Walmart today in Northern California, no issues.

Glockamole Feb 26, 15 9:35 pm

Loaded $22XX in several transactions at the cash register with no problems. Midwest.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:21 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.