FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Chase Q1 and Discover Q 1 CB (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1642129-chase-q1-discover-q-1-cb.html)

Shuai Zeng Jan 2, 15 2:10 pm

Chase Q1 and Discover Q 1 CB

So Since start of the year, these 2 giving off different category CB. Chase is a very easy one, since it's grocery, Starbucks, and movies. How you guys gonne do the Discover Q1 ground transportation??

alexsherrick Jan 2, 15 2:53 pm

Gas stations...

o815 Jan 2, 15 3:38 pm

I found 2014's Q3 thread useful for gas station info. I found a station near me that will sell VGC.

cowboyguy Jan 2, 15 4:23 pm

Tell me something. For those who have Amex Blue Cash, is there any purpose of doing Chase & Discover quarterly cash back since you can already do 4% using Amex?

This obviously assumes 1 UR = 1 cent.

seahawksunite Jan 2, 15 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by cowboyguy (Post 24090348)
Tell me something. For those who have Amex Blue Cash, is there any purpose of doing Chase & Discover quarterly cash back since you can already do 4% using Amex?

One word: Diversification.

ceverett Jan 2, 15 5:27 pm

Uh, because your assumption is wrong?

Doctor of Credit Jan 2, 15 7:20 pm

7-11 coded as a gas station for Discover last year. So you have that option + prepaying for gas.

Pretty easy quarter for both cards IMO.

GreatPeer Jan 3, 15 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Shuai Zeng (Post 24089603)
So Since start of the year, these 2 giving off different category CB. Chase is a very easy one, since it's grocery, Starbucks, and movies. How you guys gonne do the Discover Q1 ground transportation??

Which Chase card(s)?

GetawaysRus Jan 3, 15 11:12 am

Originally Posted by GreatPeer (Post 24093879)
Which Chase card(s)?

Chase Freedom card:

https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom/activate

rooney Jan 3, 15 2:26 pm

Does ground transportation include Uber anyone? Thanks!

Songer5 Jan 4, 15 9:20 am

Originally Posted by rooney (Post 24094864)
Does ground transportation include Uber anyone? Thanks!

I think you'll just have to try. Even if you made a charge on Jan 1, it likely won't show up on a closed statement yet.

lotrbfme Jan 4, 15 4:36 pm

Amex 4% cash back

Chase 5x UR points. Valued at least 2 cents each in my opinion...

TMM1982 Jan 4, 15 4:38 pm

Does anyone know if a grocery store like Jewel will let you purchase VGC's with a CC?

mikeyb45 Jan 4, 15 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982 (Post 24100710)
Does anyone know if a grocery store like Jewel will let you purchase VGC's with a CC?

Ah, Jewel. I remember when they made a foray into Milwaukee and finally gave up trying to compete against the Roundys juggernaut.

If you have Jewels around, I assume you're in the Chicagoland area. Don't you have Safeways around?

TMM1982 Jan 4, 15 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyb45 (Post 24100749)
Ah, Jewel. I remember when they made a foray into Milwaukee and finally gave up trying to compete against the Roundys juggernaut.

If you have Jewels around, I assume you're in the Chicagoland area. Don't you have Safeways around?

I'm in the burbs of Chicago and I haven't seen many safeways. Jewels, Dominicks, Meijers, and Woodmans are the 4 biggest supermarkets around here.