Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

RadPad - Pay Your Rent With Debit/Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Thought some of you guys might find this new site helpful. It's called RadPad and let's you pay your rent using a debit / credit card. They have fees:
  • Credit card – 2.99%. (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Amex, Apple Pay.)
  • Debit card – No fee anymore

First month is free on the debit card. Somebody on my blog confirmed the PP debit card does earn 1% cash back, I assume the delta card will also earn 1 mile/$1 and code as a debit card.

Doesn't really make much sense to use the credit card option (can already unloaded with google wallet for 3%), but the debit card option makes a lot of sense.

This post contains a link to my personal blog, I've added all the necessary information so you don't need to visit it.

Last edited by Doctor of Credit; Jan 19, 2015 at 10:21 pm
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
Thought some of you guys might find this new site helpful. It's called RadPad and let's you pay your rent using a debit / credit card. They have fees:
  • Credit card – 2.99%. (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Amex, Apple Pay.)
  • Debit card – flat $4.95 for a payment of up to $5000.

First month is free on the debit card. Somebody on my blog confirmed the PP debit card does earn 1% cash back, I assume the delta card will also earn 1 mile/$1 and code as a debit card.

Doesn't really make much sense to use the credit card option (can already unloaded with google wallet for 3%), but the debit card option makes a lot of sense.

This post contains a link to my personal blog, I've added all the necessary information so you don't need to visit it.
Can we use multiple prepaid cards to pay say a $2,000 rent payment?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

They aren't charging any fees for debit cards now.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:58 pm

I wonder if they are going to issue 1099s for "landlords" at the end of the year. that would suck to have $ charged thru there and then have it reported as income
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:41 am

does anybody have a prepaid visa that they want to try doing this with?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by thetobster12345
does anybody have a prepaid visa that they want to try doing this with?
MB VGC from Staples worked.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:24 pm

What's stopping anyone from just saying their relative or friend is their "landlord"?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:38 pm

I love this FAQ:

Do I get credit card points for paying my rent on RadPad?

Absolutely! And for most renters using airline credit cards, you'll earn enough points every year for a free airline ticket.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sedubby
What's stopping anyone from just saying their relative or friend is their "landlord"?
They do a verification check, although it's pretty easy to pass. Main concern is being liable for tax. I'm hoping to do an interview with somebody on their team soon, so if anybody has any questions PM me.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: Aadvantage/Dividend, RapidRewards, Hilton Gold, SPG, Hyatt
I tried using Serve card and it worked. It hasn't actually made the payment yet, it scheduled the payment, but it did not deny the card and it did not charge me. EDIT: They sent me an email saying they had to verify details.

Last edited by Linda368; Jan 10, 2015 at 1:51 pm
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Linda368
I tried using Serve card and it worked. It hasn't actually made the payment yet, it scheduled the payment, but it did not deny the card and it did not charge me. EDIT: They sent me an email saying they had to verify details.
What details? Please keep us updated on whether the payment goes through successfully! I would LOVE to be able to use this service via my Serve account.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, SPG Gold, AA Exec Platinum
Originally Posted by Linda368
You'll only really know if it works when they pull the money on that date of payment they tell you. I've tried one prepaid before and has been declined (>$5000 rent) probably because of the per transaction limit.

But since serve has a higher per transaction limit it may work.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: Aadvantage/Dividend, RapidRewards, Hilton Gold, SPG, Hyatt
Here is the email:

We are reviewing your payment information.

FEBRUARY 1 $XXXX.00
XXXX (business name)
XXXX (Address)

Hi (Me),

Thanks for setting up your rent payment on RadPad! Our team is working behind the scenes to verify your payment details. If we’re unable to verify your details on our own we may reach out to you to help us complete this process.

It should take us less than 48 hours to approve your payment details to ensure your February 1, 2015 rent payment.

We'll check back with you shortly!
Team RadPad

I have also received after that a "welcome to Radpad" email. My payment appears to be ready to post on the 28th. Like the previous poster said, I guess I won't know until the end of the month.

Last edited by Linda368; Jan 10, 2015 at 7:17 pm Reason: More info
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:19 am

I'll give it a try. I've been using my Suntrust Delta debit card to buy a MO @ Walmart to pay rent. But if this works, it'll be easier and free (I see they've removed the $4.95 fee for debit card use).

They've verified my account, so we'll see what happens at the end of the month.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:04 pm

For ID verification, did they ask for state ID or lease agreement uploaded to a secure link? If not, how do they verify identity?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.