Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

How many times do you visit this forum scavenging for new methods

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many times do you visit this forum scavenging for new methods

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:37 pm

Daily :P no luck no tips ... Currently based in asia and i am finding ways to MS in asia (Singapore)
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Best thing about this forum is finding out what things have made it into such common circulation, that they are about to fade out.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:12 am

So then what...

So how do people find these secret places to get something less than ancient news?

I have a couple ways that I've been using for emergency MS but they aren't anything you'd want to do on a daily basis. Good for when you really need a few extra thousand in a rush though.

-PDG
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by PacoDeGato
So how do people find these secret places to get something less than ancient news?

I have a couple ways that I've been using for emergency MS but they aren't anything you'd want to do on a daily basis. Good for when you really need a few extra thousand in a rush though.

-PDG
Emergency MS hahahaha....
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by hamokmonky
^ I dont go here for new methods, I go here to keep up to date on old ones.
Ditto. If I encounter a bump in the road with one of my methods usually just pop in here to see if there's any other data points of the same issue. You're better off trying to figure new things out on your own then searching for something new here.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:55 pm

I come here to see what problems people are having with specific avenues. That way I can either try to avoid them, or not freak out when Lucky Dollar Debit's bill pay is down for the umpteenth time after having seen numerous posts about the problem in the past.

Finding something new on these is nil for most people. I lucked out a few weeks ago when some new guy posted a bonanza only available at one regional grocery chain. So checking a few times a week, just might make it worth my while wading through threads like: "I'm new and I want you to tell me how to get rich because I'm too special to have to read threads or use that google thing."
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I still visit often, but I haven't seen any useful methods in a long time.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:39 pm

Programs: Ua, ba, delta
Likewise, check daily
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by calwatch
All the low hanging fruit is still here. Higher level stuff are in other forums, which trickle to the blogs eventually.

other forms on FT ? Is this like Freemasons or skull and bones where we just have to wait for a tap on the shoulder?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:24 am

I come here constantly and for the past few months there hasn't been anything new. It seems like everyone is coming here for information but nobody is showing up to share any. The one guy who shared the Deleware thing got flamed to death.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by thewhitezone
Is this like Freemasons or skull and bones where we just have to wait for a tap on the shoulder?
This. The inner sanctum. They laugh at us. Call us names. Burn effigies of us, or at least print out long threads of drivel and use it for kindling.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:28 pm

The Delaware thing is sloppy seconds, and it is not what it once was.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:35 pm

To the topic at hand... as this is a pretty active site, I come here for the banter and a snapshot of current event related to the public methods that are applicable to my MS routine. If I decide to delve into something with which I have little experience, I use this site as a resource.

For "new methods" that are worth a damn, if I'm reading about it for the first time here, I already missed the boat somewhere.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
I visit this forum to see the dead deals. That's what most of the deals here are.

The bluebirds stay around for a bit, but that's because they can't be abused.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:45 pm

What other forums are there? What does all of this mean? Like on this site?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.