Mint Bills -- New Form of Bill Pay

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 10, 15, 8:58 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: XP1
Wiki Link
Chase mortgage is limited to $900. No expedited option.
M&T mortgage is limited to $600. No expedited option.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 16, 14, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Mint Bills -- New Form of Bill Pay

Anyone tried this yet? https://www.mint.com/how-mint-bills-works

Allows you to do bill pay with a bank account or a debit card. Debit card requires you to include a billing address. Can only chose from listed vendors. Very slick website design. Is this a better form of Evolve?
Old Dec 16, 14, 2:28 am

Just tried to make a $10 dollar test payment to my Club Carlson card from a T-Mo prepaid debit card. The fee was $53.25.

Can't get any of my utility bills to actually authenticate to see what a test payment to those would be.

Seems useless for our purposes so far...
Old Dec 16, 14, 7:28 am

While it says it's mint but it really is chargesmart. They are super expensive way of making bill payment https://www.chargesmart.com/

I think there is a thread about it somewhere her in this forum
Old Dec 16, 14, 1:12 pm

Programs: US Silver / AA Ruby, Hyatt & Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott & SPG Fools Gold
I just got a reminder message from Mint Bills to pay my electric bill.... looks like this is nothing more than a rename of Check.me (also formerly known as Pageonce). Good for keeping track of bills and credit limits, but not usable for MS.
Old Dec 16, 14, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by MSerforfun View Post
While it says it's mint but it really is chargesmart. They are super expensive way of making bill payment https://www.chargesmart.com/

I think there is a thread about it somewhere her in this forum
Really? I was going to post that Mint Bill's exorbitant fees make Chargesmart look downright affordable.
Old Dec 16, 14, 10:06 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, AA, WN, BA, AS, TK, Radisson, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham
Originally Posted by skitch23 View Post
I just got a reminder message from Mint Bills to pay my electric bill.... looks like this is nothing more than a rename of Check.me (also formerly known as Pageonce). Good for keeping track of bills and credit limits, but not usable for MS.
It's possible to MS, if you have your mortgage or loan supported there (mine is not). Then you should choose express payment option with $6.99 fee. Worth it if you have 2-3% cashback everywhere card.
Old Dec 17, 14, 4:37 am

Programs: AA Gld 1MM; Marriott Silver; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yugi View Post
It's possible to MS, if you have your mortgage or loan supported there (mine is not). Then you should choose express payment option with $6.99 fee. Worth it if you have 2-3% cashback everywhere card.
With both my mortgage and my car loan at a credit union that is supported, this looks interesting! If I charge these loans to a credit card via Mint, does this show up as a purchase or a cash advance? I'd probably use my Fidelity Amex card.
Old Dec 17, 14, 7:01 am

Looks like 4% plus the fee. Rip off.
Old Dec 17, 14, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Gld 1MM; Marriott Silver; Hilton Gold
Angry Mint and/or credit card fees

Originally Posted by Hilbe View Post
With that in mind, thought I'd take a look at the fees. Started to make a payment, and discovered that the credit union doesn't show anything other than my other credit union accounts as a payment source. So it looks like 4% - and/or a potential cash advance fee - is a moot point.
Old Dec 18, 14, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Hilbe View Post
It's 4%. Processed by Stripe for what it's worth.

This can be useful in one circumstance -- minimum spend -- particularly when you don't have someone to help you liquidate, and especially when BB/Serve/Redbird aren't sufficient. Get 1.5% (+1 point/dollar or whatever your card gets on general spend) on Amex GCs and run them through here. It let me add my GC and I went as far as the confirmation screen.
Old Dec 19, 14, 8:21 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, AA, WN, BA, AS, TK, Radisson, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham
Originally Posted by GreatPeer View Post
With both my mortgage and my car loan at a credit union that is supported, this looks interesting! If I charge these loans to a credit card via Mint, does this show up as a purchase or a cash advance? I'd probably use my Fidelity Amex card.
It's a purchase.
Old Dec 19, 14, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by GreatPeer View Post
With that in mind, thought I'd take a look at the fees. Started to make a payment, and discovered that the credit union doesn't show anything other than my other credit union accounts as a payment source. So it looks like 4% - and/or a potential cash advance fee - is a moot point.
Express payment fee is a flat $6.99, if you bank is supported (i.e. you see "pay" button, instead of "mark as paid". They do support payment with JCB 3% cashback card.
Old Dec 19, 14, 8:32 pm

Mint Bills is provided by Intuit Mint Bills, Inc., an authorized delegate of Intuit Payments Inc. in Washington State.
It's not ChargeSmart--it has nothing at all to do with ChargeSmart.
Old Dec 20, 14, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by yugi View Post
Express payment fee is a flat $6.99, if you bank is supported (i.e. you see "pay" button, instead of "mark as paid". They do support payment with JCB 3% cashback card.
Right express pay is a flat $6.99, but that is in addition to the other charges, $4.99 up to $125, and 4% after that for using credit/debit. Your post makes it sound like you think if you choose express, you only pay $6.99, which would be very strange!
Old Dec 20, 14, 2:27 pm

Mint Bills

This is such a horrible company!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: