Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2015, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: XP1
Chase mortgage is limited to $900. No expedited option.
M&T mortgage is limited to $600. No expedited option.
Print Wikipost

Mint Bills -- New Form of Bill Pay

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by silver6054
Right express pay is a flat $6.99, but that is in addition to the other charges, $4.99 up to $125, and 4% after that for using credit/debit. Your post makes it sound like you think if you choose express, you only pay $6.99, which would be very strange!
It was a flat $6.99 before without any additions, not sure about now. Try it there.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
It was a flat $6.99 before without any additions, not sure about now. Try it there.
Come on, does that make ANY sense? If I want normal payment of a $1000 bill, I pay 4% or $40. But if I want it express, a premium service, it costs only $6.99?

If you look carefully, the fee comes in two sections:

1) Payment source, which is free for bank account, $4.99/4% for credit/debit
2) Payment speed. Free for normal or scheduled, $6.99 for expedited.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:43 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by silver6054
Come on, does that make ANY sense? If I want normal payment of a $1000 bill, I pay 4% or $40. But if I want it express, a premium service, it costs only $6.99?

If you look carefully, the fee comes in two sections:

1) Payment source, which is free for bank account, $4.99/4% for credit/debit
2) Payment speed. Free for normal or scheduled, $6.99 for expedited.
You should try to pay expedited, and see what the result will be. Don't actaully pay, but just select it, and see what's the final fee is.
The wierd part is that the fee was just $6.99 and nothing else. But maybe they changed it lately.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:06 am

I just verified with them. So if your mortgage/loan is supported there and has an expedited payment option (not all of them do), you can choose one and will only pay $6.99 flat fee, without 4% fee. Then, if amount is large enough, you can pay with 2% credit card like Citi Double Cash, FIA Amex, etc, and be ahead of the fee.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by yugi
I just verified with them. So if your mortgage/loan is supported there and has an expedited payment option (not all of them do), you can choose one and will only pay $6.99 flat fee, without 4% fee. Then, if amount is large enough, you can pay with 2% credit card like Citi Double Cash, FIA Amex, etc, and be ahead of the fee.
OK, still find that amazing! I can't verify as my mortgage doesn't have expedited option available. Do you have an example that does?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 3:25 pm

Not amazing for transactions over $125. In other words, not amazing at all.

payment source

Bank: free
Credit/debit card $0-125: $4.99
Credit/debit card $125+: 4%

payment speed

Send now: free
Schedule: free
Expedited: $6.99
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:51 am
XP1

Chase mortgage is limited to $900. No expedited option.
M&T mortgage is limited to $600. No expedited option.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:49 am

I know it lets me connect my "Serve" account as a bank in the MintBills system. Does that mean I can directly pay my biller for free through Mint by linking serve as a bank and pay from my Mint app?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:05 am
XP1

Originally Posted by hargobind
I know it lets me connect my "Serve" account as a bank in the MintBills system. Does that mean I can directly pay my biller for free through Mint by linking serve as a bank and pay from my Mint app?
No. Use bill pay from Serve.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by hargobind
Uhhh...

Serve's integrate bill pay is already free...
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by ILGfly
Uhhh...

Serve's integrate bill pay is already free...
I know, it was just that I use the MintBills app to organize stuff on my phone all the time, so would've been even more convenient instead of downloading the Serve application as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.