Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Discounts/rebates on Visa/MC gift cards at Office Depot/Office Max(2014-2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discounts/rebates on Visa/MC gift cards at Office Depot/Office Max(2014-2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
My OD only has Vanilla GC. My understanding is that it can only be loaded to BB <$50 at a time. Isn't it a lot of work to get rid of them?
Old May 6, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by jwudbwei
My OD only has Vanilla GC. My understanding is that it can only be loaded to BB <$50 at a time. Isn't it a lot of work to get rid of them?
$49.99 per load, I think.
Old May 6, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
Originally Posted by cajunguy
$49.99 per load, I think.
Too much trouble. Does OD sell non-Vanilla VGC at all?
Old May 6, 2015, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by jwudbwei
Too much trouble. Does OD sell non-Vanilla VGC at all?
None that are fixed cost. OD doesn't sell variables to CC.

Yes, it's a lot of trouble to load at Wal-Mart. You could also but MOs at other places for $200 a pop or split transaction.... It is a very profitable deal though.
Old May 6, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA ExP || SPG Plt || Honors Diamond || UA Silver
For those of you who bought the VGCs, can you log on to giftcardmall.com/mygift successfully?
I was trying to log in to my acct for days. Every time when I tried to visit their website it just told me 404-file or directory not found.
Old May 6, 2015, 6:09 pm

Just got back from my local OD. Was there yesterday and bought $600 of $200 VGCs. Today none on the rack. Clerk looks over and asks if I was looking for the $200 gift cards, I replied that I was and asked if they had any. Yep, in the store room, asked if I wanted 3 of them. Six, if I can get them. No problem. Two transactions later I was out with them. $19x2 profit just on the transaction itself, plus the miles and/or cash back amongst the various CCs I used.
Old May 6, 2015, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by shadow520
Just got back from my local OD. Was there yesterday and bought $600 of $200 VGCs. Today none on the rack. Clerk looks over and asks if I was looking for the $200 gift cards, I replied that I was and asked if they had any. Yep, in the store room, asked if I wanted 3 of them. Six, if I can get them. No problem. Two transactions later I was out with them. $19x2 profit just on the transaction itself, plus the miles and/or cash back amongst the various CCs I used.
Went to one of my usual OD that has ALWAYS had $200s on the racks and today they only had 1. Asked if they had any in the back and the first response when the manager checked was no. Went to ring up the 200 + a 100, and then the manager came back out and said he had found some. Gave me 5 more for a total of $1200 split onto 2 cards. Didn't think there were any other MSers in my area, but I guess I was wrong!
Old May 6, 2015, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by mrsmsr
For those of you who bought the VGCs, can you log on to giftcardmall.com/mygift successfully?
I was trying to log in to my acct for days. Every time when I tried to visit their website it just told me 404-file or directory not found.
The cards I've been buying are vanilla visas, and have vanillavisa.com on the back to check balance, change pin, etc...
Old May 6, 2015, 7:06 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
$20 off $300 on Visa/MC gift cards at Office Max [ongoing]

When does this ride end btw? I only knew it was going on because I went to buy Starbucks to reload my app... Unfortunately my ink plus balance is $6k now....
Old May 6, 2015, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter
When does this ride end btw? I only knew it was going on because I went to buy Starbucks to reload my app... Unfortunately my ink plus balance is $6k now....
5/16, or until your local OD/OMs run out of cards!
Old May 6, 2015, 7:20 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
$20 off $300 on Visa/MC gift cards at Office Max [ongoing]

Well someone is making the rounds where I'm travelling. Picked up 6x$200 and they had a ton left. Came back this morning and all gone... Must have been 30 of them... Wow.

I'm assuming Chase won't castrate me for one month of spend like this. Shooting for 10k of spend though. Might have to stock up on $100s and unload on RC and MO for the next few weeks.
Old May 6, 2015, 8:40 pm

My ODs are really stocked...OM is empty, I was upset when OD bought OM and was thinking of canceling my ink, glad I didnt.

Had another person buying giftcards behind me today at OD.
Old May 6, 2015, 8:45 pm

Went to my local OD today and there were 0 $200 gift cards. I will go to a couple in my area this weekend. Hopefully they restock...
Old May 6, 2015, 8:56 pm

went to 3 ODs in orange county, completely cleaned out
Old May 6, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
I loaded 40$ VGC with my Bluebird at a cashier @WM. However, it was declined. I think I loaded under $49.99 so it should work. I really dont know why it doesnt work. If I load at Kate, will it work?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.