Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Discounts/rebates on Visa/MC gift cards at Office Depot/Office Max(2014-2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discounts/rebates on Visa/MC gift cards at Office Depot/Office Max(2014-2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Churnman
I waited 15 minutes also while they tried to find anything about this deal and I walked away empty handed. They were very nice and felt bad that they lost the sale. I'll continue to try other locations. If they would have at least had the signage then they'd have something to go from. Maybe whoever is responsible to stock these and provide signage is MIA.
Ive had managers call corporate to get the barcode for the deal, so YMMV. They probably didnt do everything they could to get you the deal, no matter how nice they were it wasnt worth their effort. I am a usual customer at my OM so they often go above and beyond. It just so happens that Ive never seen this cashier before and my managers were off duty at the time, so I got stupidly limited to 2x$200 gc. Usually I rake in thousands with this, but I bet by the time I go back the store will be OOS. Oh well, you win some you lose some.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:24 pm

I bet OM cashiers/managers will still impose the 1 per customer rule just like on black Friday even though the sign clearly said 2 per customer. Hopefully I am wrong this time.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
I bet OM cashiers/managers will still impose the 1 per customer rule just like on black Friday even though the sign clearly said 2 per customer. Hopefully I am wrong this time.
I just got 2 today at lunch, csr went all over looking thru books then went to print on. bought 3*200 got 40 off
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Thanks for this! Went by the OM on my way to work. Cashier dug out hidden stash of $200 VGC, and I got 2*($100+$200) no problems. Awesome!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Originally Posted by FTRox87
love this promo but ughh hate $200 GCs with a passion. what a PITA to liquidate :/
Yep, major PITA! swiping 10 cards always get me odd looks.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by MasterCharge
Yep, major PITA! swiping 10 cards always get me odd looks.
As it should, unless there is no one behind you and the CSR's are busy and aren't looking at you, you probably shouldn't spend 15-20 mins at the machine. The typical wally Kate user is inept and takes about 5-7 minutes anyhow. So that's what I keep it to and take a hike for 3-5 minutes and come back. Only had the minions overload it past 2k in that 5-7 minute stretch once. Sure, I was irritated, but I just went to two different POS's to complete it. I don't want anyone eyeballing me at Kate for 15-20 mins, that's a recipe for the CSR's to tell the manager who will come over and pull the plug.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:55 pm

Went to a store who initially claimed that the system is down. The asst manager didnt know that it was down, asked the cashier to try it (what a nice mgr) the cashier tries to look for the coupon. He COULD NOT FIND IT!. Um hello, how would you know if it was down if you don't even have a code to scan. What an idiot.
Then mgr of the store gets involved. He is under the impression that corporate is having problems w this code that he doesnt have. I go tell them that the code is working, they just need to get a the code from corporate or another store. They get into a huddle, an idiot low level rep goes, we have different bar codes for each individual store....

I just left as I had to get back to work.

Last edited by kaiotes; Dec 15, 2014 at 4:02 pm
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by particlemn
I just got 2 today at lunch, csr went all over looking thru books then went to print on. bought 3*200 got 40 off
Cool...and you can redeem both those offers on the same transaction?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:07 pm

With my purchase of 3X$200 cards today at OM, the clerk called the sale to Chase to receive purchase authorization. They told me that effective two weeks ago, all gift card purchases in excess of $200 on a cc required authorization. The manager was there and we chatted while waiting for the call to go thru and he "confirmed" this change to policy. I took quite a while for them to do this but the sale went thru.

Ohio location. Anybody else have this happen? Thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by babycakes01
With my purchase of 3X$200 cards today at OM, the clerk called the sale to Chase to receive purchase authorization. They told me that effective two weeks ago, all gift card purchases in excess of $200 on a cc required authorization. The manager was there and we chatted while waiting for the call to go thru and he "confirmed" this change to policy. I took quite a while for them to do this but the sale went thru.

Ohio location. Anybody else have this happen? Thanks!
Bought 2x$200 today at 2 different stores. Just swipe the card and that's it. No calling required.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
You can get $40 off in a transaction if you buy 3 X $200, with only one scan of the coupon.

Oddly enough, the coupon shows up on the receipt as $40 off $300. Has anyone tried purchasing just $300 (or $400), did it take $20 or $40 off?
When we tried to do this on BF, it only took $20 off 3x$200, no matter how many times they scanned the coupon/barcode. You had to purchase $200/$100 or $200/$200, pay, then do it a second time to get your "2" redemptions.

Unless of course you get a manage who is wiling to adjust the price by an additional $20, etc. Did they change this? Receipt available?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:33 pm

My local cashier (and manager) spent 20 minutes looking through all of the 3-ring binders, and no bar code could be found, although the signage was present. The manager tried a manual override, to no avail. Finally, the manager rang me up and keyed in some information that told the computer that I had paid $20 cash (which I hadn't) and the remainder was paid by credit card. He then repeated the entire process for my second transaction. He was very apologetic.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: All of them!
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
My local cashier (and manager) spent 20 minutes looking through all of the 3-ring binders, and no bar code could be found, although the signage was present. The manager tried a manual override, to no avail. Finally, the manager rang me up and keyed in some information that told the computer that I had paid $20 cash (which I hadn't) and the remainder was paid by credit card. He then repeated the entire process for my second transaction. He was very apologetic.
I had the same experience, except without being able to complete the purchase. I told the manager I had seen this deal online and he said someone else had come in earlier trying to do the deal as well but he hadn't heard anything about it and there was nothing for him to scan. Speculated that perhaps it was regional. I gave him my phone # and he said he would call if anything changed.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I just bought 3 cards she scanned code once the receipt said 40 off 300 it hanker her and left

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Quote:

Originally Posted by particlemn

Cool...and you can redeem both those offers on the same transaction?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:59 pm

Local store here in pdx area.... No sign and rep & manager couldn't verify the promotion either after looking thru the binder for 30 mins.... Going to try another location but any data points from those who got this to work at stores that don't have the sign up???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.