Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Amazing MS opportunity at my local grocery store! $10 back for every $100 spent on GC

Amazing MS opportunity at my local grocery store! $10 back for every $100 spent on GC

Old Dec 4, 14, 12:15 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by teddy25 View Post
The T&C states "$10 coupon per giftcard purchase of $100 OR more". So a $500 card should only net a single $10 coupon.

Every other promo at cub has always been $25 and $50 Visa cards only. The coupon never printed out on the variable cards until late of last Sunday. It is a system glitch. There are way to many peoples calling the store about the "deal". They are catching on, a lot more stores require separate transactions now. There are no stated limits on number of transactions. I did couple of $80 trans tonight.

Also, the prior promos, you were able use the self checkout lanes without issues. I assume due to some abuse, the coupon now requires a override by an employee only.

I know someone who bought 25k when there were giving out $20 per $100 before Sunday.

What do you think is the odds we lose this ms ave by January?
The issue I was responding to is not the issue you addressed. I was responding to using a max of 5 x $10 coupons. You were referring to the fact that each purchase over $100, regardless of size, should only get a $10 coupon.

I can easily go to Cub, redeem 5 x $10, leave, come back later, rinse and repeat. Not that hard. Also, there are 2 Cubs in my town so just bop back and forth between the two a couple of times (not that far apart). I don't see why it wouldn't work with using way more than 5 x $10 coupons in one day, just perhaps a max of 5 per visit. Even if it were limited to 5 per day. We have more than 10 days before they expire on Dec 17, so one could easily use over $500 of them if they visited every day.
Old Dec 4, 14, 12:20 am

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by fti View Post
The issue I was responding to is not the issue you addressed. I was responding to using a max of 5 x $10 coupons. You were referring to the fact that each purchase over $100, regardless of size, should only get a $10 coupon.

I can easily go to Cub, redeem 5 x $10, leave, come back later, rinse and repeat. Not that hard. Also, there are 2 Cubs in my town so just bop back and forth between the two a couple of times (not that far apart). I don't see why it wouldn't work with using way more than 5 x $10 coupons in one day, just perhaps a max of 5 per visit. Even if it were limited to 5 per day. We have more than 10 days before they expire on Dec 17, so one could easily use over $500 of them if they visited every day.
Why waste time when you can go to a store that will impose no limits and let you stack them?
Old Dec 4, 14, 7:38 am

Angry Cub will shutdown - cash only

Sorry guys, my brother works for Cub(Lakeville store). Cub is looking into last week glitch with MS spending and seriously considering all visa card cash only by end of January.

Please please refrain from MS for these 10 dollars coupons. This is the only venue left and you guys are taking it down...
Old Dec 4, 14, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by monumia View Post
Sorry guys, my brother works for Cub(Lakeville store). Cub is looking into last week glitch with MS spending and seriously considering all visa card cash only by end of January.

Please please refrain from MS for these 10 dollars coupons. This is the only venue left and you guys are taking it down...
Welcome to flyertalk!

We can't really take a random "he said, she said" post and believe it. Also, who's to say you're not just trying to scare people off so you can rack up those sweet sweet coupons?

Although, I definitely see how this type of MS'ing can wreak havoc on a small chain's profit.

At some point, I would actually feel bad, especially for a small chain. If it was a large chain, I would be more ok with it since I feel they could absorb the blow more easily.
Old Dec 4, 14, 8:36 am

Cub is part of supervalue brand.

I have been ms there for years for with no limits. Now cub might get killed off just like other aves. Op will also has to find other places to ms for posting this.

Blog traffic vs ms opportunities
Old Dec 4, 14, 8:48 am

Thank you for welcoming me. Not try to scare anyone here. just share something I heard. I'm single , travel fulltime for my job. Grocery coupons doesn't do it for me.
Old Dec 4, 14, 9:01 am

Cub is part of supervalue brand.

I have been ms there for years for with no limits. Now cub might get killed off just like other aves. Op will also has to find other places to ms for posting this.

Blog traffic vs ms opportunities
Cub's problems are far bigger than people buying gift cards with a CC. If they are thinking of making that change it is for far bigger reasons than any of these promotions.

It has been almost a year since the coupon books that come in the mail contained two $5 of a $50 purchase coupon. Coincidence? Absolutely not.

Their generous coupon policy, which let you use expired coupons for something like 60 days, has been changed to 30 days. Again...coincidence? Absolutely not.

Cub has been getting pressure from Target and Walmart. That pressure will only get worse as HyVee enters more Twin Cities locations. Cities like Lakeville that have multiple Cub stores will have to probably start closing locations.

They've simply over saturated the market and will have to make changes, GC sales or no GC sales.
Old Dec 4, 14, 9:33 am

When I said "deal" I mean ms at cub. The ms opportunity is much more valuable to me than the $1,000 of free crap I bought just in the last few days.

The $10 giftcard deal comes and goes.the $20 expires on the 9th, the $10 all expires on the 17th. The expiration is always 7 days after the promo's end date.

Try a different store, don't tell me you are the one who called the maple grove store.
I was the one that called that Maple Grove,MN store. Wow! It really is a small world out there!
Old Dec 4, 14, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by tilleyd View Post
I was the one that called that Maple Grove,MN store. Wow! It really is a small world out there!
I was in the store right after. The manager was pissed, and instructed the checkout person to 1k per transaction in cg while this promo is going.
Old Dec 4, 14, 9:47 am

well if they aren't considering stopping gc sales with cc until Jan, then load up as much as possible until then, right?
Old Dec 4, 14, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by raymam1 View Post
well if they aren't considering stopping gc sales with cc until Jan, then load up as much as possible until then, right?
It used to be the blogger that kills the "deals", now is the people on ft.

kKr has to make back their $ some how.
:-(
Old Dec 4, 14, 1:20 pm

This is probably one of the last MS avenues in MN at the moment, people just can't see past greed....
Old Dec 4, 14, 1:27 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by rtwvagabond View Post
This is probably one of the last MS avenues in MN at the moment, people just can't see past greed....
If you truly believe that, you are not looking very hard in MN.
Old Dec 4, 14, 4:30 pm

It isn't the only one, but it is the best at this point.
Old Dec 4, 14, 6:53 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Tom Thumb was running this 2 weeks ago.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: