Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Went to Rite Aid on the 27th to load Emerald Card and now i'm $499.99 in the hole

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Went to Rite Aid on the 27th to load Emerald Card and now i'm $499.99 in the hole

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt

Well, i have a friend at Rite Aid who lets me load my Emerald Card. I went in on the 27th to load my card. First load for $500 went through with no issues, but the second load for $499.99 was declined "prepaid card was declined". On the second load, i tried to add a piece of gum to throw off the total a little bit, but everything was declined anyways....My friend told me that a manager was needed to void the transaction and i can leave before the manager comes, which i did. I later got news from my friend that the manager voided the transaction but "fixed" something on the computer. I tried to get more details but my friend didn't know. Anyways fast forward till yesterday, i saw that my card was charged for both transactions resulting in a 504.95 charge and a 505.46 charge. The 505.46 charge shouldn't have went through. What can i do? It's not the first time this happened, it usually just refunds the amount to my card but this time, it charged me. I'm assuming the manager messed with the computer and made the system actually process the payment instead of refunded it.

1) Call Emerald Card H&R Block and tell them about it?
2) Go back to the store and ask for the specific manager and ask him what he did that made the system charge my card?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
If you have the receipt, you should be fine. If not, get rite aid to reprint the receipt.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:57 am

I've had it happen to me. It takes several days for the refund to credit
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:31 pm

From now to the 27th isn't that many days for the pending transaction to fall off
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jm38750n
From now to the 27th isn't that many days for the pending transaction to fall off
It is...

Actually, they did the refund. Now they're enforcing a CASH ONLY for everything. I saw the huge signs today lol.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Originally Posted by Membersince2013
Well, i have a friend at Rite Aid who lets me load my Emerald Card. I went in on the 27th to load my card. First load for $500 went through with no issues, but the second load for $499.99 was declined "prepaid card was declined". On the second load, i tried to add a piece of gum to throw off the total a little bit, but everything was declined anyways....My friend told me that a manager was needed to void the transaction and i can leave before the manager comes, which i did. I later got news from my friend that the manager voided the transaction but "fixed" something on the computer. I tried to get more details but my friend didn't know. Anyways fast forward till yesterday, i saw that my card was charged for both transactions resulting in a 504.95 charge and a 505.46 charge. The 505.46 charge shouldn't have went through. What can i do? It's not the first time this happened, it usually just refunds the amount to my card but this time, it charged me. I'm assuming the manager messed with the computer and made the system actually process the payment instead of refunded it.

2) Go back to the store and ask for the specific manager and ask him what he did that made the system charge my card?

ROFL,

Please keep us updated OP.

Last edited by MasterCharge; Nov 29, 2014 at 11:08 pm
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:14 pm

It is...

Actually, they did the refund. Now they're enforcing a CASH ONLY for everything. I saw the huge signs today lol.
Are these the Greendot cash/debit with pin only signs or some new ones ?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:51 am

It is...

Actually, they did the refund.
was your refund in the form of cash or did the 505.46 fall off pending status from your CC?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mamibear
was your refund in the form of cash or did the 505.46 fall off pending status from your CC?
The manager refunded the 499.11 to my card and give me the rest in cash.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:50 am
Original Poster

They new have signs at the register that reads

1. Money order - cash only
2. Reloaded cards such as Greendot + Mastercard - Cash + Debit Only
3. Non Reloadable Prepaid card - Cash, credit and debit only
4. Western Union daily - $5000, send and receive limit $999 including fees
5. Prepaid cards - $3000 max
6. Money order - $500 per money order. $2,999 max

Money Service transaction reference
(SAR) Suspicious activity report

I have no idea what the last part means lol. The basically put that up after my transaction was botched lol. I'm going to call the Cooperate Office and try to get the store to get rid of that "cash only" for Money Orders. That's the only thing that bothers me on that list.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:42 am

Perhaps you should stop screwing yourself and find another location. You got your money, now find another RA.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:29 pm

Yes you should certainly call the Cooperate Office and get some more eyes on the suspicious things you're doing. That doesn't violate any of the primary MS rules.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

I was kidden lol...Relax.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:42 pm

2nd option will KILL THE DEAL!
Old Dec 6, 2014, 2:02 am

Tried to buy a money order with a gift card in Redondo Beach, CA and they informed me that they now take only cash for money orders. :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.